Yellow | New Hire Need Info

And, plug 'Open'. Be flexible. Use a GPS, preferably a 'Trucker' GPS. There is a Website called 2trailertrucker.com, graciously Webmastered by Glen Brannon. Lot of valuable information on there.
If you think you can plug 'Turn', Mon. through Fri. @ 0800, you will starve. Most other drivers will be glad to help you out (they saved my ass when I started). Beware of dispatchers. If you think they told you to do something wrong, or, illegal, ask another driver, or, a steward.

Don't pay attention to these cranky old farts. lol I've been here 9 years and love it. Life is what you make it, right? Hardest thing to get used to at first is driving days AND nights. If you need a nap, pull over and take a nap. Don't be stupid.

Notice that he said "old farts". But you can certainly trust the few "ancient farts" on here that will steer you straight. The ordinary, every day "old farts" still have some growing up to do.

Oh I completely agree I just mean YRC doesnt pay that much compared to other LTL companies but I'm happy I got on board with a LTL company fresh out of cdl school...in time I hope to earn more its just that the first year is going to be tough and now with elections I hope I'm not stuck waiting for a phone call for days on end because there's a lack of work.

You can be sure they're going to be lean times.
If you must have the new car or pickup smell every year or two, you may be an unhappy camper.
But like Elwood said, save your dollars and prepare for the rainy days, you'll do just fine.
Best of luck.

You can be sure they're going to be lean times.
If you must have the new car or pickup smell every year or two, you may be an unhappy camper.
But like Elwood said, save your dollars and prepare for the rainy days, you'll do just fine.
Best of luck.

Thats the plan, save as much as possible and pay off my debt. I've had the same car since 2012 and don't plan on a new one anytime soon but even then I don't see the point since I'd never be around to drive it..well maybe once vacation time builds up.

Just finished up orientation, lots of paperwork and a few videos, the guy from HR was really cool and laid back, let us go after 5 1/2 hrs. Tmrw it'll be yard training, pretrip and backing and also coupling work since he mentioned building sets happens here and there. He did mention the training program lasts about 160hrs which is fine by me.

Now that's more like it! Haha
Really there are load's waiting every day sitting , waiting for them to hire driver's to move them , so put on your hard charging driving shoes and a couple cases of Red Bull to keep you wake & give you wings !!:smilie93c peelout:

YRC is the best entry level job in America especially in Chicago area! Where else can you possibly make $80,000+ plus your first year "volunteer for teams" with only 4 weeks of training? People with college degrees don't make anywhere near that their first year plus have big student loan debts and other trades have to go through years of apprenticeships before making anywhere near that.

YRC is the best entry level job in America especially in Chicago area! Where else can you possibly make $80,000+ plus your first year "volunteer for teams" with only 4 weeks of training? People with college degrees don't make anywhere near that their first year plus have big student loan debts and other trades have to go through years of apprenticeships before making anywhere near that.

Surely you jest, I made 125k my first year with Ringling Bros.