Yellow | New Hire Need Info

Sorry, I have a contract with Coop.
They get all washed up mirrors and visors.
I might look into getting a set of these, because the shop said they can change these in minutes?

UY1afg3.jpg

Need bulbs?
:17142:
I don't know anything about linehaul.
Worked the dock so the little I know I got from talking to the guys at lunch or break waiting.
But I read some good advice. Above.
If your a rookie it's probably a good place to get some time under your belt.
I've worked docks before LTL. But I learned alot on the job at roadway.
Good luck. Seriously. None of it is easy. Mentally and physically.
:1036316054:
How's retirement?

How's retirement?
My butt is sore staying inside where it's cool, but great otherwise.
I should be used to it from sitting on a lift all night but I guess it doesn't work that way. Lol. Retirement is good. Really no complaints.
The thought of just not getting into the rat race part makes it worth it.
But this is off topic.
I would just hope he can take advantage of yrc and get the experience.
Whether or not the the personal experience is good or bad it's good to get the driving experience under your belt. And then if he wants to move on. Move on or stay and get more driving experience. Can't hurt and we all had to start some where.

My butt is sore staying inside where it's cool, but great otherwise.
I should be used to it from sitting on a lift all night but I guess it doesn't work that way. Lol. Retirement is good. Really no complaints.
The thought of just not getting into the rat race part makes it worth it.
But this is off topic.
I would just hope he can take advantage of yrc and get the experience.
Whether or not the the personal experience is good or bad it's good to get the driving experience under your belt. And then if he wants to move on. Move on or stay and get more driving experience. Can't hurt and we all had to start some where.
How about some pictures of you sitting in the recliner? Or do you sit in the dark?

Recruiter called and gave me a Road Driver job,
Said I'd have 160hrs with a trainer since I'm a recent grad no exp. He mentioned the pay 54cents a mile, im in Chicagoland area.
Is it true YRC doesn't provide health insurance atm?
What are some of the negative things going on at YRC? Should I just give the guy a call back and tell him I've decided to go with another company or is it worth going to YRC for at least 1 year to get some exp and then look elsewhere?

This will get your foot in the door for now. This will give you much needed experience & an advantage when & if you want to move to another company. The benefits are among the best in the industry. I have never regretted working a Teamster job. My advice would be to do it.

Recruiter called and gave me a Road Driver job,
Said I'd have 160hrs with a trainer since I'm a recent grad no exp. He mentioned the pay 54cents a mile, im in Chicagoland area.
Is it true YRC doesn't provide health insurance atm?
What are some of the negative things going on at YRC? Should I just give the guy a call back and tell him I've decided to go with another company or is it worth going to YRC for at least 1 year to get some exp and then look elsewhere?

Get experience, do not plan on anything long term here. The pension was supposed to be good, is not almost worthless.
Save your $$$ work for a company that has a matching 401k. Start saving when young. You control your investments.
Bankers make a fortune, that is your chance to get a small piece of it....

Get experience, do not plan on anything long term here. The pension was supposed to be good, is not almost worthless.
Save your $$$ work for a company that has a matching 401k. Start saving when young. You control your investments.
Bankers make a fortune, that is your chance to get a small piece of it....

Thanks for the solid info. Today is day 1 orientation, ill be sure to ask some questions and keep this thread alive and upto date with progression..maybe it'll come in handy for any new hires. I signed on to YRC without knowing about the 15% cut because the recruiter never mentioned it, but basically that comes to about 17$ an hour for being on call the first year which doesn't sound all that great. I had Foodliner contact me and also Trimac, I hope I don't regret my decision with choosing YRC over those tanker companies.

Thanks for the solid info. Today is day 1 orientation, ill be sure to ask some questions and keep this thread alive and upto date with progression..maybe it'll come in handy for any new hires. I signed on to YRC without knowing about the 15% cut because the recruiter never mentioned it, but basically that comes to about 17$ an hour for being on call the first year which doesn't sound all that great. I had Foodliner contact me and also Trimac, I hope I don't regret my decision with choosing YRC over those tanker companies.
Many truckers have to endure many hours of working without pay "working for free" choosing YRC you will never know how sad and angry working for free can make someone feel

Many truckers have to endure many hours of working without pay "working for free" choosing YRC you will never know how sad and angry working for free can make someone feel
Oh I completely agree I just mean YRC doesnt pay that much compared to other LTL companies but I'm happy I got on board with a LTL company fresh out of cdl school...in time I hope to earn more its just that the first year is going to be tough and now with elections I hope I'm not stuck waiting for a phone call for days on end because there's a lack of work.

Oh I completely agree I just mean YRC doesnt pay that much compared to other LTL companies but I'm happy I got on board with a LTL company fresh out of cdl school...in time I hope to earn more its just that the first year is going to be tough and now with elections I hope I'm not stuck waiting for a phone call for days on end because there's a lack of work.
NO lack of work , they will be running you hard !