TB Legend
PREMIUM
Credits
What is the hourlly rate for new hires?
IS THERE TIME AND A HALF FOR OT?
Whats the healthcare costs.
Are there deductables and copays?
Whats the retirement plan like?
What kind of schedule will a new hire get?
How long till a set one?
What kind of deal is there on vacations/sick days?

they start at 48 cpm hr rate is rite around 20 time and half after 40 free health care after 90 dayy probation meaning pitt ohio pays the premium for health care still got 25 copay for office visit

And they pay 9.50 for a drop and hook and pay you for breakdown from the time you breakdown and on a meet and turnn gota give them a half hr then you get paid your hourly rate after the 30 min is up

I believe you have to wait until top rate before you get overtime after 40. Takes 3 yrs to top rate which is currently 23.75/hr and .5305/mile. Company still pays full cost of healthcare premiums.

There are a lot of former Vitran drivers available for hire in the Detroit area once Pitt Ohio puts a terminal here. Just say'n.

I'm former Pjax/Vitran now CT driver i hate where i'm at and do for this company i got a call from Allentown for part time work ! does anyone know anything about this deal i have a interview on Friday....any info is appreciated...thx

I believe you have to wait until top rate before you get overtime after 40. Takes 3 yrs to top rate which is currently 23.75/hr and .5305/mile. Company still pays full cost of healthcare premiums.

That's correct. All hours are straight time until your 3rd anniversary, at which time you also go to top rate. I'm at a tier 2 terminal and our rates are 22.90/hr and .5241/mile. There are 3 tiers, based on terminal location.

I'm former Pjax/Vitran now CT driver i hate where i'm at and do for this company i got a call from Allentown for part time work ! does anyone know anything about this deal i have a interview on Friday....any info is appreciated...thx

You start at top rate which would be 22.90 or 23.75. I'm not sure which tier Allentown is in. There are no benefits as far as I know. We seem to be experiencing some unusual growth right now so there might be an opportunity to go full-time fairly soon.

Good luck with your interview. I can't attest to this out of experience though only through what I've read & heard of other ltl outfits, but Pitt is definitely the top of the top. I'm a city driver out of BLT, been here 9 years, and I would say I have it pretty good. Same assigned truck everyday, same route, and same start time each day. The shop here in BLT is great at fixing equipment fast and accurate and safety is always preached as a #1 priority. There's free cookouts on Fridays between Memorial Day & Labor day, and doughnuts on Monday mornings. There's also the free company paid uniforms and coats. And best of all- 100% free company paid benefits.

It's true you need to be there 3 years to get OT, but those years will go by fast. We get raises annually in May and guys that haven't hit top rate yet (3 years) get another raise on their anniversary date. We are swamped right now with freight, which is somewhat unusual given this time of year, but that can only mean good things for us and the company. I easily get 50-55 hrs/week which means $$$, even our new guys are getting these kind of hours.

Now is the time to get hired and try to get full-time asap. Unless they've changed it, if you're hired full time before June you'll get 1 week vacation right off the bat, then 2 weeks your second year (with the option to turn 2 weeks into 3 if you select a " schedule b" vacation plan). Those hired full-time after June don't qualify for a weeks vacation til the following January, and then another year til you get 2 weeks. So it's beneficial to get full-time status before that June deadline.

All in all, I really like working for Pitt. I've had some situations in the past but Pitt was there for me and backed me 100% (even legal backing). Also, from what I've heard from talking to drivers of other outfits, we were the only company that gave out raises during the recession years. And then this past year we got another surprise raise because Mr. Hammel wanted to give some of Pitts success back to us and felt he couldn't give us the pay raises he wanted to during the recession. I have great respect for Mr. Hammel, he's a man that I'm willing to work hard for.

Really, what other ltl company will give you all this? Trust me dude, you'll like it here.