Yellow | New Hire Question

what's wrong with that?.. bottom of the stairs looking up...?
We have a stop at a well known sate University.
Book receiving is directly under the walkway to the bookstore and one of the busiest food courts on campus. There were guys who refused to deliver there because it had tricky access and it was all books. I loved that stop in the spring and fall. In these parts, those are long seasons. Great stop with a volume and a long lunch.

I'm not quite sure I understand your point. Are you unhappy that the pay was the same for both of you or am I misunderstanding something? And why did you both leave? Just curious, not trying to start anything.
I’d say what most would consider a veteran driver should get better pay then what the fresh out of school guys are getting. Our terminal can’t keep drivers as it is and they sure as hell aren’t going to attract guys when other companies are starting them at top rate.

I’m still with the company…for the time being. Just put my two weeks in to start doing fuel tanker work.

I’d say what most would consider a veteran driver should get better pay then what the fresh out of school guys are getting. Our terminal can’t keep drivers as it is and they sure as hell aren’t going to attract guys when other companies are starting them at top rate.

I’m still with the company…for the time being. Just put my two weeks in to start doing fuel tanker work.
If ur young, have an out. There will be tanker work, but there’s gonna be a ton of drivers delivering car batteries; and they might be doing that in much smaller vehicles…

So, the new hire driver doing the same job as the veteran drivers is paid 10% less. Is this a two-year training period? Is the new hire less capable?
The casual dock worker doing the same job never reaches parity with the regular dock worker. Is he a Teamster Second Class?
Used to be 3 years to get to full scale, then they paid top or full scale, last contact went to. 2 years
Last I recalled $24.11 is top until April 1

4211AE08-86F9-49CC-A76A-80290E0E3ECE.md.jpg