ABF | New hire questions

ScoofioTurtle

TB Lurker
Credits
interviewed for a position at Sauk Village, IL or I suppose they call it South Chicago Heights?
Pay seems good and so do the benefits. I had applied for “road driver” however they are also looking for “p&d” so I could choose from either position...
I’m really looking for some insight on how much work I’ll get as a new hire. They say that they’re short drivers so I would have to assume I would get plenty of work?? Anybody have any advice on which position would be better? I currently drive regionally and home weekends so the occasional lay over as a abf road driver wouldn’t matter to me. Also, I’ve done city p&d in the past and I’m okay with doing that as well... mostly I’m trying to see which position I can make the most money/the most amount of work and which position would lead me to bidding on a run the quickest...
Thanks!

i am not out of s chicago, but do know they are really busy always, central us.. i kniw they run a strict board as far as time between runs, fulfilling your runs to earn days off. my guess is, you would earn over 80,000 yr on road starting..that is, run 60 to 70 hrs wk. dont plan on weekends off, if it happens, great. city p,d..i am not sure hourly rate, but guess, 60,000 yr. odd hours, never know when your coming, going.

interviewed for a position at Sauk Village, IL or I suppose they call it South Chicago Heights?
Pay seems good and so do the benefits. I had applied for “road driver” however they are also looking for “p&d” so I could choose from either position...
I’m really looking for some insight on how much work I’ll get as a new hire. They say that they’re short drivers so I would have to assume I would get plenty of work?? Anybody have any advice on which position would be better? I currently drive regionally and home weekends so the occasional lay over as a abf road driver wouldn’t matter to me. Also, I’ve done city p&d in the past and I’m okay with doing that as well... mostly I’m trying to see which position I can make the most money/the most amount of work and which position would lead me to bidding on a run the quickest...
Thanks!
If I had to do it over again go to city get a shuttle bid double time on sundays set start time home everyday. No point being on the road anymore new tax law can't deduct meals and unreimbursed expenses.