FedEx Freight | New Hire

nightowl

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
i have a friend who received a job offer to run line haul out of the smaller Middletown Pa terminal. Is there anyone on here that can tell me what he can expect has a new hire out of that terminal? Where he may run, how much dock time, what kind of hours and such? Thanks

i have a friend who received a job offer to run line haul out of the smaller Middletown Pa terminal. Is there anyone on here that can tell me what he can expect has a new hire out of that terminal? Where he may run, how much dock time, what kind of hours and such? Thanks

Nights. Dock... Same old song and dance.

They run all 4 directions, North as far as Rochester, West to Youngstown... Sometimes HSG extras help NHS (the big Middletown center) cover extra runs off the hub.

He could also end up on a Ground bid for the holiday peak, as they are starting to go very far down the list...

Nights. Dock... Same old song and dance.

They run all 4 directions, North as far as Rochester, West to Youngstown... Sometimes HSG extras help NHS (the big Middletown center) cover extra runs off the hub.

He could also end up on a Ground bid for the holiday peak, as they are starting to go very far down the list...
Do the bottom guys spend a lot of time on the dock or is it a mix of driving also?

Do the bottom guys spend a lot of time on the dock or is it a mix of driving also?

Usually it's a couple hundred miles driving at best and 3 or 4 hours dock. Same applies to most centers I guess. If I bump into anyone from HSG, I'll try to get specifics...

Might be a stupid question, but isn't it the wrong time of the year to be hiring, were going into winter? I see a local terminal looking to hire a driver. Don't you risk just getting laid off? Do new hires get switched between linehaul and P&D?