XPO | New HOS rules are out!

Ok, I guess I am looking at it from the way our nightime L/H runs at our barn are set up, nobody works the dock on the front side so you drive 4-5 hour's and then work the dock, then on your way back between the 7th and 8th hour you must take a 30 minute break off-duty, right?

Nothing to do with between the 7th and 8th hour. Basically you need to have 30 minutes off ANYWHERE BEFORE your 8th hour on duty. So you could take a lunch break at the FAC before you go back to your barn at the 5th or 6th hour if that is how it works out.

At least that's how I read it anyway.

Nothing to do with between the 7th and 8th hour. Basically you need to have 30 minutes off ANYWHERE BEFORE your 8th hour on duty. So you could take a lunch break at the FAC before you go back to your barn at the 5th or 6th hour if that is how it works out.

At least that's how I read it anyway.
OK, go to page 44 of the pfd file and it explains it, in detail. There are different scenerios depending on how many hours you work. One part say's it must be taken between the 3rd and 8th hour. A driver who is going to work a 14 hour shift must take it between the 6th and 8th hour?? Please read it and see if that's what it say's because that's what I keep reading, maybe I'm not understanding it. They couldn't make it more confusing if they tried

You might be right, the way i read it is it must be logged on-duty. If you go and read threw the pfd file it is more in-depth than the Q@@ session, but maybe it was too much info and I didn't interpet it right. Also, they way i understand it from some of the former CSE driver's, they used to have to take a 30 minute lunch break at the FAC before they could start working the FAC. What I was told. I just went and read it again your right it is off-duty, but it still counts towards your 14 hours. You can only work a total of 13.5 hours on-buty.

So hypothetical, when a L/H driver show's 30 minutes off duty he is going to have to be stopped somewhere between the 7th and 8th hour, and if he didn't stop he would't be able to clock in would he? Because his log is going to show him going more than 62mph. That is the only problem I see that is going to bother guy's.
How about we just wait til conway tells us what the policy is..you know they are working on it right now..besides, it will be another year and a half befor we have to worry about the 8 hour break..because..........IDK

Way I read was the "rest periods" and 34 HR reset start in 2013. The others start in Feb 2012. The lunch thing may come up this coming year.

You might be right, the way i read it is it must be logged on-duty. If you go and read threw the pfd file it is more in-depth than the Q@@ session, but maybe it was too much info and I didn't interpet it right. Also, they way i understand it from some of the former CSE driver's, they used to have to take a 30 minute lunch break at the FAC before they could start working the FAC. What I was told. I just went and read it again your right it is off-duty, but it still counts towards your 14 hours. You can only work a total of 13.5 hours on-buty.

Way I read was the "rest periods" and 34 HR reset start in 2013. The others start in Feb 2012. The lunch thing may come up this coming year.

We shouldn't worry, they will come up with policies, as will fdx and others...so just wait for them to tell us, and that's what we can go by..

Good to see you, and your "calm" posts smokin'joe :)