XPO | New International Trucks

lost

TB Lurker
Credits
I just drove one recently. The seat seemed good.Thats about it. They also seem to weigh more on the drives by about 2,000 lbs plus. On the freightliner 19,900, Int 22,200. I have heard this from other drivers. Can anyone confirm?

I just drove one recently. The seat seemed good.Thats about it. They also seem to weigh more on the drives by about 2,000 lbs plus. On the freightliner 19,900, Int 22,200. I have heard this from other drivers. Can anyone confirm?
Yep. I scaled a load at 19500 on the drives on a freightliner, driver with an international took it, scaled at 21500. Another thing the college degreed kids didn’t think about.

I think the chassis is a little shorter and it looks like the hitch is almost directly over the drive axle. Without a tape measure I can't be sure, but that's what it looks like.

Shorter wheel base. Fifth wheel further back and still your trailer wants to come around and crush the fairing. A really bad design. But this ain’t a trucking company anymore. So what the hell you gonna do ?

It also felt small inside. If your a taller person its going to be a cramped ride.Leg positioning was bad. They may be cheaper to buy but going to cost more in reworking trailers in LH.

It also felt small inside. If your a taller person its going to be a cramped ride.Leg positioning was bad. They may be cheaper to buy but going to cost more in reworking trailers in LH.

I am a taller person. They suck inside. Not comfortable at all. But I am in the city. So I don't really care about the creature features. And the shorter wheel base does make it more maneuverable. Which means of course. Now I really can't drive a pup. Not that I ever could. That thing is everywhere. And I expect it to be. Short plus short equals squirrelly. And long boxes are really smooth. Dropping and hooking sets is not so bad. You have to get used to having the automatic transmission. No clutch to control your power getting under the weight of the trailer. But over all not a hateful experience. I have tried backing sets a few times with it. You have to be so on top of it. Things want to get out of line very quickly. I will usually get it straight between the lines, to within 4 feet of the curb ( dropping an empty in the yard ) or dock and just not be able to keep it straight enough to get that last little bit. This machine would have been a home run had it been purchased as a split axle or if it had a dummy axle. Would resolve the location of the fifth wheel and the weight issue.

I am a taller person. They suck inside. Not comfortable at all. But I am in the city. So I don't really care about the creature features. And the shorter wheel base does make it more maneuverable. Which means of course. Now I really can't drive a pup. Not that I ever could. That thing is everywhere. And I expect it to be. Short plus short equals squirrelly. And long boxes are really smooth. Dropping and hooking sets is not so bad. You have to get used to having the automatic transmission. No clutch to control your power getting under the weight of the trailer. But over all not a hateful experience. I have tried backing sets a few times with it. You have to be so on top of it. Things want to get out of line very quickly. I will usually get it straight between the lines, to within 4 feet of the curb ( dropping an empty in the yard ) or dock and just not be able to keep it straight enough to get that last little bit. This machine would have been a home run had it been purchased as a split axle or if it had a dummy axle. Would resolve the location of the fifth wheel and the weight issue.
2019 international frame is 1 foot longer then the first batch and it has 2 seats

Yep. I scaled a load at 19500 on the drives on a freightliner, driver with an international took it, scaled at 21500. Another thing the college degreed kids didn’t think about.
Just look at the fifth wheel placement. When we got the 2017 trailer they were ripping mud flaps off the 2017 trucks and at my place no one could figure out why. My 2011 I had no problem the guys in 2017 did and why they ask. I all came down to were the college ed rocket science had the fifth wheel place on the truck

Just look at the fifth wheel placement. When we got the 2017 trailer they were ripping mud flaps off the 2017 trucks and at my place no one could figure out why. My 2011 I had no problem the guys in 2017 did and why they ask. I all came down to were the college ed rocket science had the fifth wheel place on the truck
Yeah the guys that know what’s best for you. Those guys.

Yeah the guys that know what’s best for you. Those guys.
That's funny. If it wasn't so true and so sad.

pwi39AK.jpg

UrfbHRJ.jpg

DvOAzx3.jpg

Yup it’s true

They don't care. They know we have drivers that will pull anything. Had one at my barn pull 45K+ back from the FAC. We have another one that will go off the handle when it is illegal to do until it is his loads going home then he would pull anything. We as driver need to hold them to the law like they hold us to it. I have handed back loads that are over weight, or have excessive lean to them. I have been at my own barn and reloading trailers that are leaning bad. Who care I getting paid. I do not have a scale at my barn so I don't pull anything over 42,800lbs and any place with a scale I scale everything.

So if the new international trucks are 2K heavier then the freightliners that means the total gross load weight has to be decreased. So feightliner can haul 42,800 max freight weight and the Corn binder can only haul 40,800 max freight weight. Next time I at a scale I going to weight my freightliner bob-tail weight.

About as smart as the two piece dolly idea. LOL That went well. ( sarcasm )

They don't care. They know we have drivers that will pull anything. Had one at my barn pull 45K+ back from the FAC. We have another one that will go off the handle when it is illegal to do until it is his loads going home then he would pull anything. We as driver need to hold them to the law like they hold us to it. I have handed back loads that are over weight, or have excessive lean to them. I have been at my own barn and reloading trailers that are leaning bad. Who care I getting paid. I do not have a scale at my barn so I don't pull anything over 42,800lbs and any place with a scale I scale everything.

So if the new international trucks are 2K heavier then the freightliners that means the total gross load weight has to be decreased. So feightliner can haul 42,800 max freight weight and the Corn binder can only haul 40,800 max freight weight. Next time I at a scale I going to weight my freightliner bob-tail weight.

Not me. I won't pull illegal. I'll take empties home. Ann Harbor is only a phone call away.

Scaled a 2017 Freightliner bobtail it was 14020lbs we can shave a few pounds since I still had my dolly attached to the truck

About as smart as the two piece dolly idea. LOL That went well. ( sarcasm )
Here is a pic of that great piece of desk jockey engineering
OD9wDDu.jpg

and here a pic of there attempted fix

6GQcFVd.jpg

Both were a complete failures. Who in there right mind would think that 7 bolts would hold pulling up to a 20K kite down the road.
Oh wait I forgot we are talking about the know it all management team at XPO.

OD9wDDu.jpg

6GQcFVd.jpg

Both were a complete failures. Who in there right mind would think that 7 bolts would hold pulling up to a 20K kite down the road.
WTF?!??!
What was the supposed reasoning behind that? When I was with CF I know Road Systems ( I believe that was the name ) was building all our trailers and dollies and those for CCX. Is this a Road Systems dolly or another manufacturer?

f6BhdrX.jpg

f6BhdrX.jpg

uoIMzS0.jpg

f6BhdrX.jpg

OD9wDDu.jpg

6GQcFVd.jpg

Got to looking at some of our newer ones at R&L . They appear to. Erwin piece as well. Toungue seems separate from frame for axle, 20 bolts holding it together;
5 top 5 bottom, both sides

uoIMzS0.jpg