XPO New International Trucks

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by lost, Jul 12, 2019 at 1:48 PM.

1. lost

lost Active Member

I just drove one recently. The seat seemed good.Thats about it. They also seem to weigh more on the drives by about 2,000 lbs plus. On the freightliner 19,900, Int 22,200. I have heard this from other drivers. Can anyone confirm?

highspeeds and upnorth like this.
  2. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

Yep. I scaled a load at 19500 on the drives on a freightliner, driver with an international took it, scaled at 21500. Another thing the college degreed kids didn’t think about.

3. sucker666

sucker666 Well-Known Member

But there cheaper ;)

highspeeds, lost and icuicp like this.
  4. fellowdreamernomore

fellowdreamernomore Member

I think the chassis is a little shorter and it looks like the hitch is almost directly over the drive axle. Without a tape measure I can't be sure, but that's what it looks like.

5. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

Shorter wheel base. Fifth wheel further back and still your trailer wants to come around and crush the fairing. A really bad design. But this ain’t a trucking company anymore. So what the hell you gonna do ?

sucker666 and lost like this.
  6. lost

lost Active Member

It also felt small inside. If your a taller person its going to be a cramped ride.Leg positioning was bad. They may be cheaper to buy but going to cost more in reworking trailers in LH.

highspeeds and sucker666 like this.
  7. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

I am a taller person. They suck inside. Not comfortable at all. But I am in the city. So I don't really care about the creature features. And the shorter wheel base does make it more maneuverable. Which means of course. Now I really can't drive a pup. Not that I ever could. That thing is everywhere. And I expect it to be. Short plus short equals squirrelly. And long boxes are really smooth. Dropping and hooking sets is not so bad. You have to get used to having the automatic transmission. No clutch to control your power getting under the weight of the trailer. But over all not a hateful experience. I have tried backing sets a few times with it. You have to be so on top of it. Things want to get out of line very quickly. I will usually get it straight between the lines, to within 4 feet of the curb ( dropping an empty in the yard ) or dock and just not be able to keep it straight enough to get that last little bit. This machine would have been a home run had it been purchased as a split axle or if it had a dummy axle. Would resolve the location of the fifth wheel and the weight issue.

icuicp likes this.
  8. bottomman

bottomman Member

2019 international frame is 1 foot longer then the first batch and it has 2 seats