XPO | New International Trucks

f6BhdrX.jpg

f6BhdrX.jpg

uoIMzS0.jpg

f6BhdrX.jpg

Got to looking at some of our newer ones at R&L . They appear to. Erwin piece as well. Toungue seems separate from frame for axle, 20 bolts holding it together;
5 top 5 bottom, both sides

uoIMzS0.jpg

nlQQp6X.jpg

Ns7pZQi.jpg

At our pre-shift morning briefing today or Scm told us that we are going to receive a couple of new international tractors. Not much info given about them to us other than that they will be road units.
Anybody know anything about them?

Drove one for the first time tonight. I’m not impressed at all. Seems cramped. Can’t tilt seat back any more. I’m driving hunched over. Sore back, neck and shoulders. I will keep my Freightliner as long as possible.

I guessing drivers had zero input in the selection process with these as they did years ago before Xpo. Kinda speaks to itself .

Thirteen letter Sh## spreader !!! I was glad to get out of one and in a Kenworth. Ours have a stupid alarm system that makes the city horn beep continuously if you open the door too fast after setting the parking brake

I guessing drivers had zero input in the selection process with these as they did years ago before Xpo. Kinda speaks to itself .
So it was the drivers fault that we ended up with Freightliners. Even though Volvo are known to be the safest class 8 trucks on the road.

So it was the drivers fault that we ended up with Freightliners. Even though Volvo are known to be the safest class 8 trucks on the road.
If memory serves me correctly, We watched a video and had a meeting telling about the process. Driver feedback played into selection of the Freightliner's but price per unit was probably the biggest factor. If Mexico could somehow build New Sterling's
Like Canada did , you would be driving them forever!!! Lol!!!

Here is a pic of that great piece of desk jockey engineering
OD9wDDu.jpg

and here a pic of there attempted fix

6GQcFVd.jpg

Both were a complete failures. Who in there right mind would think that 7 bolts would hold pulling up to a 20K kite down the road.
Oh wait I forgot we are talking about the know it all management team at XPO.
Oh wow, havn't seen any of those before. Are the ones purchased still in use?

Oh wow, havn't seen any of those before. Are the ones purchased still in use?
You won’t see them either. Just another office college BA graduate blunder from XPO. They’ll make up their losses by turning off terminal sign lights at terminals, cutting necessary parts purchases, and micro managing P&D. They were removed from the system because they are to light duty and break in our environment.

been driving one for a month. CONS:Steps are higher off ground, wind faring are wider so you have to watch about jacking the trailer around, mirrors stick out 2inches further. no good grab bar coming off catwalk, short handle on fifith wheel, longer front end so longer turning radius, doesnt seem to have the pulling power of cascadia. PROS: cruise will work with ws wipers on, has an axle scale on drive axle, radio controls on steering wheel,

been driving one for a month. CONS:Steps are higher off ground, wind faring are wider so you have to watch about jacking the trailer around, mirrors stick out 2inches further. no good grab bar coming off catwalk, short handle on fifith wheel, longer front end so longer turning radius, doesnt seem to have the pulling power of cascadia. PROS: cruise will work with ws wipers on, has an axle scale on drive axle, radio controls on steering wheel,
If you park next to a 2017 freightliner you will see the wheel base is almost the same. The turning radius is the same you are just sitting back farther in the International than the freightliner.

Drove one only one night. Can't manual shift past 9 gear can lock it into any gear. Engine brake will not come on until you apply the brake even when the trans is locked into one gear. Cab is very small. No leg room, I'm 6' tall. Has more blind spots then freightliner. Doors auto-unlock when brakes are pulled. No blue service air pre-trip button. Weight about 2K more then freightliner. Radio auto mutes when trans is put into reverse. Interior already fall apart. Plastic on the dash and door. Speed will fluctuate when cruise is set even on a flat run must be because the ball are cut off.

If you park next to a 2017 freightliner you will see the wheel base is almost the same. The turning radius is the same you are just sitting back farther in the International than the freightliner.
I was just going by feel , it seems to take more room to turn around. could be the wind faring issue that you cant cut as muchog an angle

Drove one only one night. Can't manual shift past 9 gear can lock it into any gear. Engine brake will not come on until you apply the brake even when the trans is locked into one gear. Cab is very small. No leg room, I'm 6' tall. Has more blind spots then freightliner. Doors auto-unlock when brakes are pulled. No blue service air pre-trip button. Weight about 2K more then freightliner. Radio auto mutes when trans is put into reverse. Interior already fall apart. Plastic on the dash and door. Speed will fluctuate when cruise is set even on a flat run must be because the ball are cut off.
just push in trailer valve and it works like the blue valve, or so it has fo me