New Jersey DOT bans all commercial vehicle travel on multiple interstates

A

Ashley

336256092_892227518735796_7256784843086909804_n-600x503.jpeg

The New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) has issued a truck travel restriction ahead of a winter weather.

With a major winter storm barreling down on the northeast, New Jersey transportation officials have joined Pennsylvania and New York in restricting truck travel.

Effective at 8 p.m. on March 13, NJDOT has banned all from commercial vehicles from traveling on the following interstates:

• I-78, entire length from the Pennsylvania border to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike)
  • I-80, entire length from the Pennsylvania border to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike)
  • I-280, entire length from I-80 to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike)
  • I-287, entire length from NJ Route 440 to the New York State border
  • NJ Route 440, from the Outerbridge Crossing to I-287

Vehicles affected by the NJDOT travel ban include:

• All tractor trailers (exceptions as listed in the Administrative Order)
  • Empty straight CDL-weighted trucks
  • Passenger vehicles pulling trailers
  • Recreational vehicles
  • Motorcycles

The travel ban does NOT apply to:

• The New Jersey Turnpike
  • The Garden State Parkway
  • The Atlantic City Expressway
  • Public safety vehicles, sworn and civilian public safety personnel; as well as other personnel directly supporting healthcare facilities or critical infrastructure such as providing fuel or food. For a complete list of operations or personnel that are exempt from the travel ban, see the Administrative Order.

NJDOT asks that trucks that are already in New Jersey when the travel restrictions go into place should pull off in truck stops to wait out the storm – DO NOT PARK ON SHOULDERS.

NJDOT shared a video to explain why truck travel restrictions are put into place during storms.

Continue reading...