FedEx Freight | New job New location

moonlighter

TB Lurker
Credits
Ok what happens if and when we all relocate and start our new postions that management doesnt provide us with the opportunity to make the same amount of money we are making at national.. I sure hope that we are all walking into full time positions especially the drivers on the bottom of the boards.....

Well, let's see. Kind of depends where you go. If you land in a relay location, you might do great. If you are a hub domiciled driver, you'll not do so great. Out here in the west, 19 year hub domiciled drivers work about 6 hours a day or less and watch dock drivers run out of hours every week. At least at my barn that's how it works. As a former regional managing director told me one day "Your days of big paychecks are over. We don't care if you can't afford to work here anymore."
Direct quote from Tim K. former regional managing director in SAC.
And I've heard the new mile marker makes reference again to "engaged employees".

Here we go again with the whining. I'll be commuting 54 miles each way to work every day and am happy to do it. I've got a good job and great bennies. There are lots of openings all over the country so if you can't get a run with the money you want then you might have to move. There are 17 openings in Childress Tx for example. 12 bids and 5 xtraboard. I swear some of you would complain if you got hung with a new rope.

Here we go again with the whining. I'll be commuting 54 miles each way to work every day and am happy to do it. I've got a good job and great bennies. There are lots of openings all over the country so if you can't get a run with the money you want then you might have to move. There are 17 openings in Childress Tx for example. 12 bids and 5 xtraboard. I swear some of you would complain if you got hung with a new rope.
Whining? How about flat out complaining about what a messed up mismanaged outfit this is. You might want to make sure you stay with the grape koolaid, that way it won't show so much when you drool on your shirt. Not all of us are enamored with the Conway concept that Harrison champions. Some of us used to work for a real freight company. Yes, I could have relocated and been the king of the hill, family was a little more important.

Whining? How about flat out complaining about what a messed up mismanaged outfit this is. You might want to make sure you stay with the grape koolaid, that way it won't show so much when you drool on your shirt. Not all of us are enamored with the Conway concept that Harrison champions. Some of us used to work for a real freight company. Yes, I could have relocated and been the king of the hill, family was a little more important.
Finally, some one mentions family!! I was starting to wonder if anybody on here had one..lol

I wish I was sitting in a truckstop for a few days away from home not making a dime. Instead I have to work where I get paid for everything and I'm home every day with my kids. I mean this sucks my youngest wants me to rock him asleep everytime I'm home. Which is every day. Also I get to see my other two in their functions. You guys are right this sucks. When it's slow I go home early. That's right home you believe that ::shit::. I would be happier waiting on a load 100 miles from home .......... Just sayin

over the last couple of years, guys moved
only to get layed off 6 mos later
If your single, you could move all over the place for fedex
if you've got family , I'd think real hard before pulling up roots

I'd be much happier doing something away from this crappy trucking biz. But if you want to justify your job by comparing it to some crappy otr job then knock yourself out.

LOL.. sounds like you need 50mi to work so your not so giddy when you get there!!!

Ok what happens if and when we all relocate and start our new postions that management doesnt provide us with the opportunity to make the same amount of money we are making at national.. I sure hope that we are all walking into full time positions especially the drivers on the bottom of the boards.....

You'll get the same experience freight employees got. Even guys who didn't have to relocate have been relegated to short runs, lower pay, and lots of dock time.

where are fed ex freight relay sites located ?
I know one is in New Mexico,LDG,I believe there is one and maybe two in AZ, and I keep wanting to say there is one in OR.Not really sure for the rest of the system.I wish there was one in the southest,like AL,MS,or even better FLA.

Well, let's see. Kind of depends where you go. If you land in a relay location, you might do great. If you are a hub domiciled driver, you'll not do so great. Out here in the west, 19 year hub domiciled drivers work about 6 hours a day or less and watch dock drivers run out of hours every week. At least at my barn that's how it works. As a former regional managing director told me one day "Your days of big paychecks are over. We don't care if you can't afford to work here anymore."
Direct quote from Tim K. former regional managing director in SAC.
And I've heard the new mile marker makes reference again to "engaged employees".

Richard Cranium :clapping:

I know you are expressing the sentiment of many former Viking line drivers.

:guiness: