TForce | !!!!!!!!! New Jobs In Columbus,Ohio !!!!!!!

Silverhawk1 said:
With even the smallest of threats of a strike! companys bail and use NON-Union companys to move there freight.
In my opinion that is precisely the reason UPSF doesn't need Union support.
Most customers are educated enough to know that there won't be any more strikes at UPS or the NMFA Companies. Both the Union and the Companies know they have to meet in the middle and reach an agreement. Management will never admit to this and will try to scare you with strike talk to better control you.

stldude44 said:
Most customers are educated enough to know that there won't be any more strikes at UPS or the NMFA Companies. Both the Union and the Companies know they have to meet in the middle and reach an agreement. Management will never admit to this and will try to scare you with strike talk to better control you.
bingo,STLdude,both freight & UPS,and carhaul companies smartened up since the strikes in 94 freight strike,95/96carhaul,and 97 UPS strikes:nutkick: ,cost them to much,they need the TEAMSTERS as much as the TEAMSTERS need them,why kill the goose thats laying the golden eggs?they've finally realized that they've got a very good thing going,do blow/ruin it,which is why I don't think we really will see much/any resitance from them when we organize at UPSF.can't see ESKEW having egg on his/ups's face,over bad blood,labor issues,especially with UPS brand name being :cool: :wavey: :smilie_132: very tarnished.

Silverhawk1 you said in your post
"In my opinion that is precisely the reason UPSF doesn't need Union support."

UPSF doesn't need union support but the employees who work there do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not all terminals are run alike. How would you like to work at a terminal who had a terminal manager who was so feared by the employees, that they drew straws in the morning and the employee who lost, had to walk up to the terminal manager and say good morning to see what kind of mood he was in that day. And knowing if he was pissed off when he came in the morning, you would be the one getting the first ass chewing of the day???

I hope you can say this has never happened to you. I can't say that!!!!!!!!!!!!

clutchcargo said:
Silverhawk1 you said in your post
"In my opinion that is precisely the reason UPSF doesn't need Union support."

UPSF doesn't need union support but the employees who work there do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not all terminals are run alike. How would you like to work at a terminal who had a terminal manager who was so feared by the employees, that they drew straws in the morning and the employee who lost, had to walk up to the terminal manager and say good morning to see what kind of mood he was in that day. And knowing if he was pissed off when he came in the morning, you would be the one getting the first ass chewing of the day???

I hope you can say this has never happened to you. I can't say that!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sorry to here that you fear him like that. I suppose that there are some employees at my terminal that do fear him but I do not. I don't show him any disrespect but in saying that I don't expect him to disrespect me either.
My TM and I have had a few heated discussions over the years. and I have had to make a few phone calls to the HR dept and complain and let them set him straight. He didn't much like it but he knows better to not stray from company policy. he knows that me and my co-workers are always watching him.

Silverhawk1 said:
I am sorry to here that you fear him like that. I suppose that there are some employees at my terminal that do fear him but I do not. I don't show him any disrespect but in saying that I don't expect him to disrespect me either.
My TM and I have had a few heated discussions over the years. and I have had to make a few phone calls to the HR dept and complain and let them set him straight. He didn't much like it but he knows better to not stray from company policy. he knows that me and my co-workers are always watching him.

.......and what's the first thing the wolf does as soon as one of the chickens turns it back?

Silverhawk1 said:

One of the things that many of the anti-Union posters always say in arguing their position for not wanting the Union is that "they can speak up for themselves" or "they dont need anybody to speak up for them" or "I can take care of myself".

But yet it took a call to HR to take care of the TM.

Interesting...........

Mike01 said:
One of the things that many of the anti-Union posters always say in arguing their position for not wanting the Union is that "they can speak up for themselves" or "they dont need anybody to speak up for them" or "I can take care of myself".

But yet it took a call to HR to take care of the TM.

Interesting...........
Mike you know that is BS...... if you have a grievance to file against any one at your company you file is with your UNION to solve your problem. that is precisely what we do too only it is with our HR dept. We get the same legal rights and do process that you do. And when our HR dept gets involved it doesn't take but a short time before they have (A) handled the problem or (B)show up at your terminal investigate the problem. either way the problem is handle in short order. I have witnessed this process first hand and it works quite well.

Silverhawk1 said:
Mike you know that is BS...... if you have a grievance to file against any one at your company you file is with your UNION to solve your problem. that is precisely what we do too only it is with our HR dept. We get the same legal rights and do process that you do. And when our HR dept gets involved it doesn't take but a short time before they have (A) handled the problem or (B)show up at your terminal investigate the problem. either way the problem is handle in short order. I have witnessed this process first hand and it works quite well.

You have the same legal rights and due process that we do?
What backs up this process and guanentees these rights, a company policy booklet?
What legal ramifications are there involved in the whole process?
Is a lawyer invloved, if so who supplies the lawyer?
Is the Peer pressure group in volved in this process also?

Funny thing is mike is right, most say thge biggest reason for not wanting the union is they can fight their own battles, don't need anyone to fight for them, can stick up for themselves, etc,etc.

So how effective is Human Relations in getting your job back when they release you for a petty thing. Or maybe the TM was having a bad day and let you go because you look ugly (scenario).

I lost my job (fired) twice at two different union comapnies.
First time it was for taking the wrong tractor number (dispatchers fault) the second was fro stealing 22 minutes at naother terminal. Again dispatcher error.
Each time it took one phone call to get my job back without a lost day of pay.
It sound s pretty swift and cut and dry when you have someone else do it, just like your HR dept right?

I by no means am trying to shot holes in your story. I'm just comapring Oranges to Oranges.
Seems you don't need the union but need someone else, am I correct?

T251

Silverhawk1 said:
Mike you know that is BS......

No, it's not BS, Silverhawk... go back and read what I was saying. The arguement was that when the non-Union employee has a problem, they are able to take care of it THEMSELVES. The employee goes to the TM, talks to him/her, and POOF, the problem is solved. No 'third party' involved as it where, only the employee and the TM solving the problem.

Silverhawk1 said:
if you have a grievance to file against any one at your company you file is with your UNION to solve your problem. that is precisely what we do too only it is with our HR dept. We get the same legal rights and do process that you do. And when our HR dept gets involved it doesn't take but a short time before they have (A) handled the problem or (B)show up at your terminal investigate the problem. either way the problem is handle in short order. I have witnessed this process first hand and it works quite well.

But yet in this part of your post, the emplyee can NOT actually speak up for themselves. Apparently the problem could not be solved with just the employee and the TM. The employee has to call HR (read "thrid party) and have them (HR) solve the problem for them.