Estes | New (kinda) truck

Matt

Infamous “Beerboy”
Credits
Well big E can't afford some paint ??? west coast team truck outta cali

untitled.jpg

Blue Trucks

It's formerly a Jevic truck. There's about 20 more at the Harrisburg yard ready to go into service.

Your right! Looks like some 'Gypsy trking outfit' Run it over to Earl Shives, remember them? 29.95 no ups or downs, except they never taped anything except glass and tires:biglaugh:

Think teams are turning in older trucks at HBG and leaving with these. Door decal says EstesWest.

They've flown people in from out west to take these back west. So they can take freight back west with them. They do say operated by Estes West, and have all the CA apportioned stickers on them.

A bit 'o tape here, a white sicker there, and some creative work with a sharpie and look we have a team truck cool !

Seriously - This looks cheap and I expected Estes to do better. Too bad they didn't paint them or match the stickers to the truck paint. (which would have been cheaper than paint)

I like the fact they are not contracting out as much though.

I think it is costing them more to keep the old rigs around as well.

Not drinking the koolaid just wondering are these newer trucks that we purchased at a very low rate or could have been they owed us money and we took em in on trade?

They've flown people in from out west to take these back west. So they can take freight back west with them. They do say operated by Estes West, and have all the CA apportioned stickers on them.

hummm... the cali tagged trucks only can run as far east as illi. soo how in the heck did they drive them all the way back from up norf east??? the cali tagged trucks are not 48 state permitted... way to go big E

hummm... the cali tagged trucks only can run as far east as illi. soo how in the heck did they drive them all the way back from up norf east??? the cali tagged trucks are not 48 state permitted... way to go big E
I hear they are going to do KCK CHI and DEN and possibly SLC to replace the outside carriers currently running from socal. Might just explain the permitting.

10 - fer. who knows i'm sure it will run like a top when they (corpate fellas) get it all hashed out........:hide:

I hear they are going to do KCK CHI and DEN and possibly SLC to replace the outside carriers currently running from socal. Might just explain the permitting.

It makes sense if they are on a dedicated to only permit for the states they run in.

hey cj let me know if they (estes) permitted you all's trucks to run 48. last i knew you west fellas could only come so far east .. your cab card will say

They only do certain trucks and that is usually when a driver is sitting in Kansas and there is hot freight to go east then they get the permits for that tractor. If the new trucks are only permitted for the west they will have a temp permit to make it thru, but I would assume they are permitted thruout.

hey cj let me know if they (estes) permitted you all's trucks to run 48. last i knew you west fellas could only come so far east .. your cab card will say

Right now they are only permitted to run as far as KS, OK, NB, TX, MT, WY, CO, NM and all other western states.

PS - That is what my cab card says for the tractor I drive. Others may be different. I know our team trucks are all 48 and they have Ca. cad cards.

Must be a security thing to make sure certains trucks stay out yonder. It don't cost much more money to permit trucks for 48 states verses 12 states.

Friend of mine just got hired on at Estes running team out of Riverside Ca. They have a old Jevic truck they picked up in Harrisburg Pa. Last time I talked to him they were headed to Atlanta Ga from La Mirada Ca. The Truck isn't much to brag about especially only having two 80 gallon fuel tanks to run team with.:thumbsdown: