ODFL | New Linehaul Extra at Indy

lazybones

TB Lurker
Credits
Appreciate any info on extra board linehaul at Indy. Should I be nervous about miles and work starting soon? I have a good run at a truckload carrier now and dont want to accept the OD job if work is short.
shift would be nights Sunday - Thursday thanks!

Appreciate any info on extra board linehaul at Indy. Should I be nervous about miles and work starting soon? I have a good run at a truckload carrier now and dont want to accept the OD job if work is short.
Gotta say it, Bones. You are probably one of the few that has ever said they have it good at a truckload carrier.

I run linehaul out of Indy and we're definitely slow. We've had some runs get cancelled here and there but as far as I know guys are working. I don't know very many of the extra board drivers so I'm not sure if they're getting 5 days in right now or not. If you're willing to run the weekend you should be able to get some miles.

It’s so slow right now and the company keep over hiring good luck you warned driver,,,..,

Don’t take it if you haven’t already. ODFL Indy over hired linehaul a few years ago and starved a bunch of guys out and laid off others I believe. No thanks.

I run linehaul out of Indy and we're definitely slow. We've had some runs get cancelled here and there but as far as I know guys are working. I don't know very many of the extra board drivers so I'm not sure if they're getting 5 days in right now or not. If you're willing to run the weekend you should be able to get some
Thanks everyone for the opinions. REALLY want out of my current private fleet thing and want to go ODFL. If miles and days are short on extra board solo, could I switch to team instead of being starved/laid off? Had coffee with a team OD driver the other morning and he said teams dont get laid off. Do You think that is accurate? Your $$ and benefits at OD are the best I have been offered.

Thanks everyone for the opinions. REALLY want out of my current private fleet thing and want to go ODFL. If miles and days are short on extra board solo, could I switch to team instead of being starved/laid off? Had coffee with a team OD driver the other morning and he said teams dont get laid off. Do You think that is accurate? Your $$ and benefits at OD are the best I have been offered.
I've never seen them starve guys out. They will ask scheduled drivers if they want the day off to let the extra-board run. They will offer guys the opportunity to run out of other terminals. There's only been 1 time where they let some of the bottom guys go and didn't bring them back. I'm not sure if they need teams right now because they haven't posted anything about needing any volunteers. You'd just have to ask our linehaul manager that question.

Not for odfl, talk to their drivers all the time at a customer.
Ok I just wondered since I run out of Indy and you commented on an OD post about Indy linehaul. I thought you might be someone I work with but obviously that's not the case. It sounds like you're a city driver with a competitor since you talk to guys at a customer?

Ok I just wondered since I run out of Indy and you commented on an OD post about Indy linehaul. I thought you might be someone I work with but obviously that's not the case. It sounds like you're a city driver with a competitor since you talk to guys at a customer?
Not so much a competitor but I drive truck for the postal service, used to see odfl drivers daily since we share a lot of customers. 2018-19 is the time period I’m speaking of.

Not so much a competitor but I drive truck for the postal service, used to see odfl drivers daily since we share a lot of customers. 2018-19 is the time period I’m speaking of.
I kinda remember you from awhile back trying to get on with OD?

What did O.D tell you about freight levels during your interview?

Last edited: