New marshall in town

quagmire, the union will sit down with the company and work out a fair contract that the employees will vote on. If your peers decide that the contract is not to your benefit then the union will have to go back to the company and renegotiate a better proposal. Remember, all stops and miles runs may be more beneficial to the driver to be on the clock, especially if you're getting overtime after 8 hours. The union will look at all the data BEFORE sitting down with the company. Also remember they are there to get you the best bang for your buck and regardless what they propose, YOU HAVE THE FINAL SAY WITH A VOTE ON THE PROPOSAL. The union can't force feed you what THEY think is good for you. Hope this helps with your decision.

Driveforfree, I get the impression, these kiss asses will try anything to make their point. A real Teamster knows the truth! Stay strong with me buddy!!!!

Q,It was not too long ago 4 or 5 years now a driver Earl S. ran the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area on stops and miles 10 to 12 drops everyday,he was pretty much the only guy up there except on a extra heavy day.As far as intimidating guys into signing a card at his own front door Cmon:draw:

If anyone is seriously interested in meeting to discuss what it is the union has to offer the employees at New Century, I would be willing to do that. We could pick a central meeting place convenient for all and discuss the issues at hand. I have some fact based items that all of you should really consider. Hopefully it will make it easier for you to make a level decision. Remember, I am retired and no longer work there but I feel the need to shed some light on something I have been involved with for many years prior and would like to convey my experiences to those of you that are either still on the fence or have had negative experiences. If anyone is interested please private message me and hopefully we can have a sit down.

If anyone is seriously interested in meeting to discuss what it is the union has to offer the employees at New Century, I would be willing to do that. We could pick a central meeting place convenient for all and discuss the issues at hand. I have some fact based items that all of you should really consider. Hopefully it will make it easier for you to make a level decision. Remember, I am retired and no longer work there but I feel the need to shed some light on something I have been involved with for many years prior and would like to convey my experiences to those of you that are either still on the fence or have had negative experiences. If anyone is interested please private message me and hopefully we can have a sit down.
. I'm sorry to say but I really doubt you will get any response to that! If you do I'll kiss your ... In Macys window lol!

I'm just trying to open up a new venue. You're probably right Unionlife, but the offer still stands. I was just hoping that some of the guys that never worked for a union carrier would like to hear firsthand from a retired Teamster collecting his hard earned pension.

Mark,, why in the blue hell would we want to meet with you ? You don't work here and you were thisclose to getting fired before you left for stealing time. Who would believe you? But here read this from a fellow teamster buddy who takes in the ass from the IBT.

my pension fund froze me with 4 months need for 25 and out, about 18 months later offered to let me buy out at around 30k, that i would pay to collect my 25 year 2500. now i approach 30 years, of course the 30 and out is gone, and i am missing the 2years yrc did not pay. my pension at 30 years involves penalties now and i would get 2122 out of 2960 dollars, because i am not 57.
my new multiplier is 9.75-nine dollars seventy five cents. this multiplier will be heavily penalized unless i go to at least 62.
WHEN I STARTED I WAS PROMISED A 30 AND OUT, AND SHORTLY THEREAFTER A 25 AND OUT. I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN LONG ENOUGH TO BE VESTED IF I KNEW WHAT I KNEW NOW.
PAY AND VACATION CUTS JUST RUB SALT IN THE WOUND.

Empty promises !!

Darksky, once again you are preaching from your soap box. Personally I don't owe you the time of day, let alone an explanation of my tenure at New Century. You have the option of believing the lies from whomever is feeding you this crap about me or not. Your opinion of me means nothing to me . If you REALLY want to know firsthand, talk to MY FRIEND who took the pictures. He can fill you in on the personal details. Obviously, you have been poisoned by the idle threats from NCT, ( a standard response from ANY company that knows they will have to pay you your worth). Being a true Teamster is not only about " what's in it for me." It's about the preservation of those who follow you in the future. Portraying yourself as a self righteous,ignorant,individual only proves that you really don't fit the bill as a TRUE TEAMSTER. When the dust clears and the men who can look to the future and see the light at the end of the tunnel realizing that the only way to progress in through the union you have 2 options. You can thank those who made it better or leave and continue getting less than you truly deserve. As I stated earlier, I DO NOT work for the union. My goal is to educate those who have questions with fact based data, not propaganda. The union should not be perceived as a threat but as an asset to better your way of life.

fact based data?

an asset?

more like an ASSAULT... and a nuisance

my favorite quote so far from a pro union guy was "you got to believe what is posted on the internet" what are you poisioning these people with??

i told him everything on the internet isnt true,...watch the all-state commercial and you will get a good chuckle

jbusy12, sorry if I ASSAULTED your intelligence but you non- union guys are very simple minded. I really feel sorry for all of you. Remember.... payback is karma. What do you think New Century is gonna do for you if you idiots get a NO VOTE ? Don't be surprised if they take MORE away from you, maybe raise your healthcare costs, reduce your hourly rate.... guess that would be what THEY CAN DO because they call the shots.... NOT YOU!! They are already setting up management to run it like a union. They fired people that served no purpose... cutting their overhead. I think there will be more cuts inside regardless of the outcome. But beware,because they CAN cut costs from your end too. NO REPRESENTATION MEANS NO SAY!!

seems like alot of back and forth from the same people...what everyone is forgettting is the union was called for a reason....THERE WILL BE A VOTE !!! REGARDLESS of what anyone feels ...its gonna happen.
the same thing happened at conway but they listened to their employees, they gave back the % they took and revised their incentive program....its called negotiation--one party working wth the other to come to a common agreement.....all i hear is NCTY saying too bad my way or the highway.As far as im concerned this is just a lack of communication and leadership from the mothership.

That's great there will be a vote , we have a choice to go with you and ur BS or log on with our lives,

We definitely do need more internal communication tho,

Btw for teamsterforever I feel bad for you with your back problems or whatever, retired early now sitting on your couch getting paid to be a union pusher.

Great career change for you, how are those Sunday morning cartoons?

Was that u who told that poor guy to stand up and say that at the breakfast? Total moron

uwork4me, you're exactly correct! Lack of communication or the willingness from management to make concessions to the employees instead of always saying no every time has brought this on. They ( New Century ) have only themselves to blame. It is my opinion that nothing but good will come of this because they'll be an invested interest negotiating what's best for them. They'll will be concessions from both sides but at least this time the company will not have the final say, the membership will. New Century does in fact have that " this is the way it is like it or not." I was a Teamster for 28 years and 11 years at non-union companies and from experience there is a significant difference between the two. The lack of respect and appreciation, meaning your net worth, is miles apart. Thanks for the honest insight. If New Century took the " lets take a look at what we can do " instead of ignoring the most important piece of the puzzle, the driver we wouldn't be discussing this.

JBusy, I never heard such ignorant spew come out of one persons mouth. Teamsterforever has done nothing but provide honest info and help try to clear up some questions. By the way no one has called the Union and asked one question. All lies have been coming out of you and your buddies.Have more questions? Ask your Dad...I think his Benz needs washing.

Benz? Please get your crap together not a single person on here drives a Benz , maybe your retired buddy does but don't tell me what I drive , you and the other union profile named morons are trying to get us to take sides,,, a popular union tactic to get us all fighting with each other, we are just arguing with you and your recruiting buddies,

I know you can't afford a Benz...you work for NCT! Although your Dad does. People usually get nasty when they are backed up in a corner....