TForce | New mask mandate directive

Also they said the flu practically disappeared last year because everyone was wearing a mask...but people were still getting covid? Both airborne! ( and like I said before I won't tell anyone what to do ....I Also don't need or want anyone telling me what to do..especially the government!
The current test can't tell the difference between the common cold, flu, or Covid-19. So it all called Covid-19.....

An air filter, like a mask has to be porous enough to allow sufficient amounts of air through the media to allow for proper breathing of the engine or your body in the case of a mask.
The more air needed the surface area must be greater or the pores larger to allow proper breathing.
Wrap your head in shrink wrap, you won't get the 'rona....
Kind of a dumb comparison but if it helps you sleep at night and you believe in those cloth face covers that all kinds of doctors say are useless....I'm happy for you!

Kind of a dumb comparison but if it helps you sleep at night and you believe in those cloth face covers that all kinds of doctors say are useless....I'm happy for you!
Don't misunderstand me. The mask is a sack of bull$#^t, only N-95 and closed loop filtration stops the 'rona. I was trying to put it in perspective. The engine filter only takes care of a certain size particle, allowing others through.
The 'rona virus is approx. 1 micron in size, a cloth mask allows much larger through unencumbered. An N-95 is good for about 3-5 microns. A typical car filter allows between 5-10 micron particles through.
0.000039- 1 micron or 1/1000 mm.

Don't misunderstand me. The mask is a sack of bull$#^t, only N-95 and closed loop filtration stops the 'rona. I was trying to put it in perspective. The engine filter only takes care of a certain size particle, allowing others through.
The 'rona virus is approx. 1 micron in size, a cloth mask allows much larger through unencumbered. An N-95 is good for about 3-5 microns. A typical car filter allows between 5-10 micron particles through.
0.000039- 1 micron or 1/1000 mm.
Most outboard engines don't bother to run air cleaners, not enough dust on water to be a concern.

Question still not answered:

Do you run an air filter on your personal car/truck?

Yes or no?

It's a yes or no question.
Never! If you run no air cleaner, the cylinders collect more dirt and dust.
This helps seat the rings, you double your horsepower and burn less oil.
This also helps maintain air pressure in inside drive tires. (this applies only to bias-ply tires)

Sometimes its the computer (Brain) that is sick on the vehicles from Big Rigs on down.

Do they get sent to the junkyard where they can be supervised?

Alright, this thread is becoming ridiculous and i am going to officially withdraw from it.

Before i do, i would like to state a few things:

1) Latest, current guidance from CDC AND NIH is to wear a mask indoors and in areas of high covid cases, outdoors as well.
This is coming from scientists who actually study this kind of thing. Not from someone like Ted Nugent who thinks that because he can "see" his breath on a cold day, then masks don't work.

Who are you going to listen to?

2) There have been lots of arguments and even a little violence regarding masks. The Chinese are probably laughing their asses off---as usual. Because, as usual, we are divided over SOMETHING STUPID. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT. THEY WANT US DIVIDED OVER SOMETHING STUPID AND SIMPLE.
You going to let China win----as usual......?

3) Finally, what is it about the mask that so bothers you?

You pubbys are free to not wear your mask. You are also free to infect/pass on covid to others. Sounds kinda selfish to me.

i'm out.

Alright, this thread is becoming ridiculous and i am going to officially withdraw from it.

Before i do, i would like to state a few things:

1) Latest, current guidance from CDC AND NIH is to wear a mask indoors and in areas of high covid cases, outdoors as well.
This is coming from scientists who actually study this kind of thing. Not from someone like Ted Nugent who thinks that because he can "see" his breath on a cold day, then masks don't work.

Who are you going to listen to?

2) There have been lots of arguments and even a little violence regarding masks. The Chinese are probably laughing their asses off---as usual. Because, as usual, we are divided over SOMETHING STUPID. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT. THEY WANT US DIVIDED OVER SOMETHING STUPID AND SIMPLE.
You going to let China win----as usual......?

3) Finally, what is it about the mask that so bothers you?

You pubbys are free to not wear your mask. You are also free to infect/pass on covid to others. Sounds kinda selfish to me.

i'm out.
Why would I wear something that at best gives 10-15% protection? I got the vaccine. 99.9% effectiveness in preventing serious illness or death.