New Oklahoma travel stop boasts trucker amenities, giant cowboy hat

A

Ashley

331334248_872711654016919_5023914905245205183_n-600x277.jpeg

This month, a new travel plaza opened in Hennessey, Oklahoma, featuring a unique roadside attraction.

Howdy’s Travel Plaza, located at 1201 N. Main off US 81 in Hennessey, celebrated its grand opening on February 25, 2023.

The travel center features a full kitchen serving barbecue, burgers, and Mexican fare, four diesel fueling lanes, DEF, a driver’s lounge, showers, laundry facilities, and truck parking.

Perhaps the most eye-catching feature of the Howdy’s store is the massive cowboy hat on display outside. The cowboy hat is 24 feet by 36 feet and weighs 12,600 pounds, according to local outlet KFOR. It was created using surplus oil tanks.

Howdy’s ownership plans to build a picnic area and small dog park in the shade of the cowboy hat in the months ahead.

Check out the video below for more.

Continue reading...

So I had heard Big Dave was using PTO time quite often lately, and going to Oklahoma. Donna did say a new division, Coop Ventures,was showing up on the tech platform but she had no access to it yet. My partner and I are going to Dallas this Friday, so I guess we will sneak by there and say, Howdy you bastard.

Last edited: