Yellow | New P&D Route Optimization Program

HanaLad

TB Veteran
Credits
Which terminals are destined to be the first guinea pigs?
This new program, along with the camera's, reeks of "production" and future discipline.

Qaf6ROO.jpg

VN5l3Um.jpg

If you are not hitting our meager productivit goals, especially at a DC then you are doing something that will and should subject you to discipline. Only question is if your supervisor has the grapes to call you on it. Might not be able to write you up for being unproductive but he can surely find a laundry list of items to choose from that make you that way and that he can write you up for. Now go move you 3 bills an hour.

If you are not hitting our meager productivit goals, especially at a DC then you are doing something that will and should subject you to discipline. Only question is if your supervisor has the grapes to call you on it. Might not be able to write you up for being unproductive but he can surely find a laundry list of items to choose from that make you that way and that he can write you up for. Now go move you 3 bills an hour.
Whats one thing got to do with another?
"I can't get you for production so I'll letter you for chicken s__t? I'll see you down at the panel just for that issue!
That Sir, Is the mark of a **** poor manager or leader!
Stick to the issue! You have a problem with my numbers? Too damn bad! THERES NO SUCH THING AS NUMBERS! Read the Contract! You do know how to read correct?
People in Management I know & TRUST I work for! People I don't trust? Well let just say I have to watch my back with those people!
Otherwise I do the best I can with what I got! Take pride in what I do, And go home at the end of the day knowing I did my best.
Followed the Contract and did my FREKIN JOB!
You want "By the book"? Ok Sunshine, "By the book" is just what you gonna get!

By the BOOK ??? What BOOK , the little yellow book has been changed so many times and union don't care anymore about freight hauler's !!

Chicken ::shit:: is saying that our goals are high and hiding behind the contract and getting away with it. My supervisor used to complain about guys not hitting their numbers now he writes them up for bullshitting instead of working. Misuse of company time. I know we get done alot quicker now. Funny thing is they get more done doing it by the book then they did before.

You want accountability but only if you are not held accountable.

You won't see me at the panel. Been paying dues since the 90s and the only time I was at the hall was for initiation fees.

Talk the talk then walk the walk.

The one thing needed to move forward in this company is competent management. All the little toys they are buying will never change the fact you have to move the freight. I see Teamsters do the job at hand daily and when it is handed off to management the freight sits idle. The company has repeated this process (failure) so many times that employees have negative attitudes. I don't pretend to know the answer but I do know taking a hard line with all the new toys will only reinforce the feeling this company don't give a damn about its employees.

If the guy painting your house painted half of it would you hire someone else to paint the other half and send them both thank you notes? If you want to be appreciated do something worthy of appreciation. Really don't see what a route optimizer has to do with discipline. Unless you are running out of route for some reason other than close times.

If the guy painting your house painted half of it would you hire someone else to paint the other half and send them both thank you notes? If you want to be appreciated do something worthy of appreciation. Really don't see what a route optimizer has to do with discipline. Unless you are running out of route for some reason other than close times.
Tell me who would know how to optimize a route better a driver with years of experience or a computer program ? There are to many variables a computer can not be programmed to recognize. A driver has to make decisions on the fly and has to know what the customer needs are and that can change daily. Our terminal has a Roadway heritage city loading program called Rapid that has not been updated since the merger. If we can't use the system we have properly the new system will be money wasted that could have been used on more important things. People , tractors , trailers and forklifts move freight.

Chicken :::shit::: is saying that our goals are high and hiding behind the contract and getting away with it. My supervisor used to complain about guys not hitting their numbers now he writes them up for bullshitting instead of working. Misuse of company time. I know we get done alot quicker now. Funny thing is they get more done doing it by the book then they did before.

You want accountability but only if you are not held accountable.

You won't see me at the panel. Been paying dues since the 90s and the only time I was at the hall was for initiation fees.

Talk the talk then walk the walk.

I personally have worked with many supervisors and upper managers that you talk so highly of. Funny thing they tried the same ::shit:: and I was still their as they were walked out the gate.

Started paying dues in the early 70s and spent plenty of time at the hall.

Tell me who would know how to optimize a route better a driver with years of experience or a computer program ? There are to many variables a computer can not be programmed to recognize. A driver has to make decisions on the fly and has to know what the customer needs are and that can change daily. Our terminal has a Roadway heritage city loading program called Rapid that has not been updated since the merger. If we can't use the system we have properly the new system will be money wasted that could have been used on more important things. People , tractors , trailers and forklifts move freight.
The rapid system is company wide. It is the only system they have had for the p and d operation. It was developed by Summit information back in the 90's. Summit was owned by roadway to develop their technology in house for them.

The rapid system is company wide. It is the only system they have had for the p and d operation. It was developed by Summit information back in the 90's. Summit was owned by roadway to develop their technology in house for them.
Thanks for the info Big R the problem at our terminal which is a DC is they never do updates. With the management we have now it will be a waste of money‼️

Thanks for the info Big R the problem at our terminal which is a DC is they never do updates. With the management we have now it will be a waste of money‼️
Don't feel too bad . We have us a new TM from Conway. He has not quite caught on yet that they and us operate completely different

I happen to be an 'old' guy that likes the new technology and if this rapid system was developed in the 90's we should have had a new system years ago like our competition. I didn't much care for the smartphones until I got one and learned how to use it to my advantage. I'll reserve judgement on whether this investment helps us make more money. I would be interested in what the p&d guys say about them.