New Penn | new penn change of ops

hotrod69

TB Lurker
Credits
newpenns change of ops is posted on there forum from the ibt dated oct 16/simply put a no vote will result in the immediate closure of all thier opps and be merged into yrc and endtailed in:shrug:

Found a letter on your forum but no official change yet here's the letter .

newpenn.jpg

this was all i saw thanks for posting it/there was also 3 more pages with term closings for both newpenn and yrc but did not see it

this was all i saw thanks for posting it/there was also 3 more pages with term closings for both newpenn and yrc but did not see it

If you or any other member can find that please fax it to Jeff or send it to me and I will post it in both forums . Thanks for the info !!

uh oh..one might conclude New Penn people didn't see this coming till after the vote

I thought it would happen but with a dove-tail..wow like the evil empire is pushing back

oh man!! their worst night-mare becoming a reality

you know, this just bust my balls. when i was at a non-union company(estes) and we tried to organize them here in baltimore, the union wanted us to record all threats of closures, loss of work, or job loss has this would be against the law and a nlrb violation. funny, now here i am with a union and the same type of threats that were illegal without a union is now somehow ok? oh that's right, must be because the union is also threatening us...

you know, this just bust my balls. when i was at a non-union company(estes) and we tried to organize them here in baltimore, the union wanted us to record all threats of closures, loss of work, or job loss has this would be against the law and a nlrb violation. funny, now here i am with a union and the same type of threats that were illegal without a union is now somehow ok? oh that's right, must be because the union is also threatening us...
The laws against threats for going Union probably do not apply once you are Union. :shrug:

well, thats about par for Zollers.... close down the profitable company's and merge them into the non-profitable one! Any wonder why YRC is in such a mess!!

negative, they would close overlapping terminals only..keep the brand but end-tail.
that's a dooms day if New Penn votes no

negative, they would close overlapping terminals only..keep the brand but end-tail.
that's a dooms day if New Penn votes no

how would they be able to keep the brand and end tail? trust me if they do this the new penn brand is gone.

Threats to coerce you to vote for a contract are grounds for a labor charge. I question whether or not this qualifies as such a threat. It smells fishy.

Threats to coerce you to vote for a contract are grounds for a labor charge. I question whether or not this qualifies as such a threat. It smells fishy.

Negative..since the letter came after the vote was in I wouldn't call it a threat..there were plenty of warnings from the union no less and the company. If New Penn felt they were in a strong position and voted no..there will be regrets

just read it again/yep no more newpenn to k ceep the brand would meen n o concessions for them/thats the purpose of the closure yrc will just suck up thier equipment/terminals /frieght and people

Negative..since the letter came after the vote was in I wouldn't call it a threat..there were plenty of warnings from the union no less and the company. If New Penn felt they were in a strong position and voted no..there will be regrets

Why worry about a company going out of business that does this to there employees!

your right but it proves that they mean business and reddaway will be next/i hope not but this is reality and not a rumor very sad day/if new penn knew two weeks ago this might not even be a issue it would of happened anyway but they might of saved some jobs/good luck to them and thier families god bless us all