New Penn | new penn change of ops

New coo doesnt look good for NEWPENN regardless of vote ,seperate contract will come back to haunt .
dont believe yrc just came up with this due to a vote, it is a plan or a agenda yrc is going by. but if it scares new penn to vote yes , it is better for yrc,. so if they vote yes they have voted themselfs into a 4 hour job. if they endtailed. one last time yrc has a agenda and they are going to carry it out . no matter how the vote turns out. you will see more to come in the future. it dont end till 2015. 5 more years , 5 more years 5 more years,,, hold on brothers as yrc turns into yrc as yrc knows it. but the cost is high, it has to come from somewhere , they will close this and sell that and yes they want you to take consessions to help with the cost. but if consessions are rejected they will still have a agenda it will just speed up the process , in the end all who are left will be yrc. yrc yrc yrc . a new company a new way.and a new day. only my opinion but over the last few years as i watched yrc evolve this is what i see.

dont believe yrc just came up with this due to a vote, it is a plan or a agenda yrc is going by. but if it scares new penn to vote yes , it is better for yrc,. so if they vote yes they have voted themselfs into a 4 hour job. if they endtailed. one last time yrc has a agenda and they are going to carry it out . no matter how the vote turns out. you will see more to come in the future. it dont end till 2015. 5 more years , 5 more years 5 more years,,, hold on brothers as yrc turns into yrc as yrc knows it. but the cost is high, it has to come from somewhere , they will close this and sell that and yes they want you to take consessions to help with the cost. but if consessions are rejected they will still have a agenda it will just speed up the process , in the end all who are left will be yrc. yrc yrc yrc . a new company a new way.and a new day. only my opinion but over the last few years as i watched yrc evolve this is what i see.

with the 2nd give back New penn voted no and YRC threatened to close them.. they re-voted without changing a single word to get the yes vote they wanted..... YRC doesn't give a Rats Ass about its people! there sneaky low down thieves that cant run a lemonade stand without putting it into bankruptcy! I say if by chance the vote is counted and it is a yes... we call for a re-vote!! and threaten if we dont get the No we want we will strike!! Use there own weapons against them!! At this point, who with any dignity or morals would want to vote for YRC?? I think they even turned the yes voters against them with this stunt!!

The teamsters did not give the farm away agreeing to it..they fought many of YRC's demands

http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/100510FREIGHTYRCWDemandsFlier.pdf
I've said from the beginning......if this proposal was printed AFTER negotiations, what the heck did the initial demands look like? (So thanks for posting it Joe.) The column on the left is a total joke. And the column on the right is only 13/16 of joke. The company knew darn well that the column on the left would never fly. But they got their way because the Union "compromised" with something that the company actually thought they could get. I had a feeling that the Union or the Company would eventually put out the "original" demands.......just so it would look like there was some real hard nosed negotiations going on.

Got a letter from corperate, posted on bullitan board in drivers room can request another ballot if not recieved etc., OR if you want to change your vote! In my 24 yrs. never saw this . P.S. HOLLAND counted with YRC , NEW PENN fate in their own hands.

So what if New Penn(I capitalize them because they're a good company)votes yes and yrc votes no? Endtail yrc into NP? Right or wrong, yellow or roadway should have been endtailed when they merged. All they got was everyone ticked off instead of just 50% along with everyone getting 5-6 weeks vacation. Whats changed now that the onion is ok with an endtail? It doesn't matter anyways, they're going to do it sooner or later, its all the last act of desperation before the end. And why isn't pos hoffa all over the messiah on this. Closing down a profitable company for what. Isn't there something in the sec rules about doing just that to protect the shareholders.

Hey chicken little! The sky already fell - you can stop the fear crap now.

You mean just like your fellow NO voter's fear crap here.

so if they vote yes they have voted themselfs into a 4 hour job.

We went through this at the last contract when all the fear mongers thought we would all become utility drivers and all dock men would be replaced by the 4 hour casual. Needless to say that didn't happen. Just like now we won't all be turned into 4 hour employees. If you're going to call out a yes voter for spreading fear then at least be fair and do the same to the NO voters as well.

But honestly, who cares at this point. Most of the ballots have probably been sent in and it just a waiting game. We'll find out soon enough.

I've said from the beginning......if this proposal was printed AFTER negotiations, what the heck did the initial demands look like? (So thanks for posting it Joe.) The column on the left is a total joke. And the column on the right is only 13/16 of joke. The company knew darn well that the column on the left would never fly. But they got their way because the Union "compromised" with something that the company actually thought they could get. I had a feeling that the Union or the Company would eventually put out the "original" demands.......just so it would look like there was some real hard nosed negotiations going on.
I got that mailing before I got my ballot, NP. It came a day or two ahead of it so I would be happy to vote YES. They got a big fat friggin NO! If you didnt see that til now you might want to talk to your Local.

If this is true Brothers & Sisters then a NO VOTE will not shut down YRC........simple they are planning on life after NO VOTE so they are anticipating a possible NO VOTE so they will have a PLAN B...................why didn't they think of downsizing subsidiaries or merging into one company at first?...Because they have the Union running scared and they are gonna milk it for all its worth............( just my opinion not based on facts just what I have read on this board many contradictions from what is being put out there )

I did i retired !!!!!!!

why don't the negative people cut the ties now and just quit. who needs you[/QUOT I Hope you all can find a good job elsewhere because YRCW is A crap outfit with the best people who have sacrafised enough and the Union is there pimp but you no what that makes us so I am out had enough Good Luck to all my fellow Drivers and Dock worker's !

Last edited by a moderator:
Got back from vacation and opened the envelope containing the ballot. There were three enclosed document explaining what they want me to think I am voting on. They are claiming the economy is the worst ever, yet the stock market is rallying as I am writing this and just last week president Obama had his man on TV showing how good the economy is doing and how well the economic stimulus plan worked. Bottom line, I can not vote for a plan that takes away LOA, without restoring pay or pension. I do not count the 25% pension payments since I do not think many people would ever be able to retire on it. If, instead of paying 25% of the pension payment, they would have paid that money to us, I could have voted yes.

You mean just like your fellow NO voter's fear crap here.

We went through this at the last contract when all the fear mongers thought we would all become utility drivers and all dock men would be replaced by the 4 hour casual. Needless to say that didn't happen. Just like now we won't all be turned into 4 hour employees. If you're going to call out a yes voter for spreading fear then at least be fair and do the same to the NO voters as well.

But honestly, who cares at this point. Most of the ballots have probably been sent in and it just a waiting game. We'll find out soon enough.

heres a question for everyone.... If you didn't already work for YRC, would you put in a application to try and come work for this company?? And if that answer is No, then why is anyone worried about what happens to this POS company?

too much stress, no respect, threats, and labeled as dumb truck drivers....YRC's demise will probably be the best thing to ever happen to the trucking business! and truck drivers in general!

" then why is anyone worried about what happens to this POS company? " "YRC's demise will probably be the best thing to ever happen to the trucking business! and truck drivers in general"!

Now why in the world would you say that ? Can you really be a employee or are you some disgruntled former worker who want's everyone to suffer ? Your statement is the most ridicules thing Ive read today and Ive read some real winners today !

Now why in the world would you say that ? Can you really be a employee or are you some disgruntled former worker who want's everyone to suffer ? Your statement is the most ridicules thing Ive read today and Ive read some real winners today !

Nice paraphrase...... but you cut out the reasonings for the statement..... Elections are coming up.. you could be a great asset to the campaigning of your choice of politicians!

Frustration and anger is how this country became the United States... They didn't take what England was doing to them! we are a country of people fighting for our rights, dignity, and family!..... this is no less a fight for those same causes! So if you don't like my post... read another, theres more then enough opinions on here to satisfy everyone

heres a question for everyone.... If you didn't already work for YRC, would you put in a application to try and come work for this company?? And if that answer is No, then why is anyone worried about what happens to this POS company?

too much stress, no respect, threats, and labeled as dumb truck drivers....YRC's demise will probably be the best thing to ever happen to the trucking business! and truck drivers in general!

Nice paraphrase...... but you cut out the reasonings for the statement..... Elections are coming up.. you could be a great asset to the campaigning of your choice of politicians!

Frustration and anger is how this country became the United States... They didn't take what England was doing to them! we are a country of people fighting for our rights, dignity, and family!..... this is no less a fight for those same causes! So if you don't like my post... read another, theres more then enough opinions on here to satisfy everyone

One , there's your first post and no where did you mention a election ! Two what the hell does England ( circa 1776 ) have to do with YRC ? Three I see all post and you can only BS this board for so long !!!!!!

I never did think you were a teamster or a YRC employee. Some proud teamsters feel it's their patriotic and cultural duty to rebel but you are obviously a troll. Give it up troll

I never did think you were a teamster or a YRC employee. Some proud teamsters feel it's their patriotic and cultural duty to rebel but you are obviously a troll. Give it up troll

Now see, thats what i always thought about you!! But this troll just got back from the terminal after filing a grievance ... I guess that would be a totally new troll that can file grievances! what have you done lately that can be proven that your not a troll???