New Penn | New Penn Changes

So I'm a little slow sometimes. In this and similar situations, what is the difference between Road, City, Dock, and UE? UE can be forced to do any classification's work whereas others must stay in classification? I.E., no dock work for Road or no Road work for City?
Our terminals have different rules. Our guys can bid city or road and maintain seniority date. Our city bids are worded to include dock and platform and driving. Road just drives terminal to terminal and does swaps supposedly enroute..Nothing else.
Utility will do terminal to terminal and swaps and dockwork at terminals.
Things which might happen are road drivers retiring.
They might bump back into city which city guys will either get crappy work and hours they had 10 years ago or more...and city might bump dock guys with no CDL to the unemployment line.
One thing most probably...road guys are not gonna work more for less pay.....so the hourly pay will have to equal more or equal to what they make now in a day to stay on road. Most of our terminals road work will be limited to 2 initial destinations....whereas now they go to all terminals picking what they want for their first trip in seniority order. I don't know what they'll do once at them 2 initial destinations.
It took a long time to get a morning city bid. I actually had an 8 hour morning city bid for a short time but got knocked back to a 9hour morning bid. I put years mostly on the dock.....alot of us like that...in our 50's and 60's........now they want to change stuff again.
Not making me feel confident in the job knowing the crap done here forever.
Do you think I want an afternoon bid which will be mostly dock?
Or maybe a Tuesday thru Saturday bid all on the dock again....or to drive the road and work at another terminals dock at night?
They're friggin nuts.
How long till I get a morning 8 hour city bid?
My last year? Been driving 30 years next year...here for about 15....it never ends. They never let anything be.
Hopefully it all works and improves things but ya know how it goes.

Our terminals have different rules. Our guys can bid city or road and maintain seniority date. Our city bids are worded to include dock and platform and driving. Road just drives terminal to terminal and does swaps supposedly enroute..Nothing else.
Utility will do terminal to terminal and swaps and dockwork at terminals.
Things which might happen are road drivers retiring.
They might bump back into city which city guys will either get crappy work and hours they had 10 years ago or more...and city might bump dock guys with no CDL to the unemployment line.
One thing most probably...road guys are not gonna work more for less pay.....so the hourly pay will have to equal more or equal to what they make now in a day to stay on road. Most of our terminals road work will be limited to 2 initial destinations....whereas now they go to all terminals picking what they want for their first trip in seniority order. I don't know what they'll do once at them 2 initial destinations.
It took a long time to get a morning city bid. I actually had an 8 hour morning city bid for a short time but got knocked back to a 9hour morning bid. I put years mostly on the dock.....alot of us like that...in our 50's and 60's........now they want to change stuff again.
Not making me feel confident in the job knowing the crap done here forever.
Do you think I want an afternoon bid which will be mostly dock?
Or maybe a Tuesday thru Saturday bid all on the dock again....or to drive the road and work at another terminals dock at night?
They're friggin nuts.
How long till I get a morning 8 hour city bid?
My last year? Been driving 30 years next year...here for about 15....it never ends. They never let anything be.
Hopefully it all works and improves things but ya know how it goes.
Thanks for the explanation. My time with CFCC and CF I never encountered that kind of animal. We had straight road, straight city, straight dock, switcher, and a few combo guys that were city/dock and started late in the afternoon in general to do a few late swaps or volume pickups then finished off on the dock.