New Penn | New Penn Changes

Management idiots. Please.
The employee has nothing to do with it.
Well.... That point could be argued. But not in management decisions.
Just a warm body.
:17142:

Let the changes begin & which road to take ?? It's going be a interesting 2020 !!
f1f7cbd2ce339bc3abad29f936979fb2.jpg

When they started a road operation in Kearny only 1 guy took the position, they couldn’t get guys to take the road positions, guys were coming in for city positions and being told they had to take road positions and leaving. When New England closed Kearny hired their road drivers to get that operation running.

With this move some existing road men may go elsewhere, and if this don’t work they won’t have road men to reverse this.
they saw just how hard it is to hire road guys in these areas till nemf went under and than only couple more, so were they think they will find 8 for Maspeth and 18 for boston and 14 for buffalo and the extra at other terminals...most know the history of working for yrc, the 6 at buffalo , after couple months dropped to 2 working regulary, same at Kearny, now cutting to only one in Kearny...only ones they will hire are ones clueless in the trucking world....and a low milage utility driver and some dock work is only going to get them late and more damaged freight....isn't doing the same stupid ::shit:: that doesn't work , over and over again called insanity???

they saw just how hard it is to hire road guys in these areas till nemf went under and than only couple more, so were they think they will find 8 for Maspeth and 18 for boston and 14 for buffalo and the extra at other terminals...most know the history of working for yrc, the 6 at buffalo , after couple months dropped to 2 working regulary, same at Kearny, now cutting to only one in Kearny...only ones they will hire are ones clueless in the trucking world....and a low milage utility driver and some dock work is only going to get them late and more damaged freight....isn't doing the same stupid :::shit::: that doesn't work , over and over again called insanity???
We were told utility men are the same as city drivers except they get $1 per hour more and can load and unload their trailers, it's written if they can't fill the bids they can force from the bottom up.

We were told utility men are the same as city drivers except they get $1 per hour more and can load and unload their trailers, it's written if they can't fill the bids they can force from the bottom up.
Does anybody know this new guy that took over central dispatch

Mind boggling changes, especially all the PA terminals losing road men. Now Maspeth goes from an EOL to a terminal with both utility & road men with clueless management running the show. My question is how many would even consider following the work to Queens? My guess is not many, if any at all. There's a driver shortage. Im quite sure any company will snatch these experienced guys up ASAP. I see bottom list guys getting forced on these bids with most quitting. We shall see

Mind boggling changes, especially all the PA terminals losing road men. Now Maspeth goes from an EOL to a terminal with both utility & road men with clueless management running the show. My question is how many would even consider following the work to Queens? My guess is not many, if any at all. There's a driver shortage. Im quite sure any company will snatch these experienced guys up ASAP. I see bottom list guys getting forced on these bids with most quitting. We shall see
I wouldn’t think anyone is willing to Re-locate from PA to NJ or NY due to the difference in the cost of living and quality of life.
And the guys that are here on the bottom who face being forced might not be able to do night work.

The utility at ABF get $1 more and hour and mileage.
This is just my 2 cents before some bottom driver just quits. You might want to give it a try. I was 60 years old and had peddled for 39 years on Teamster jobs. I was forced from the bottom of an ABF list on to a utility bid. I found it better than lift gate inside deliveries. I actually liked it and spent my last 2 years as a utility driver....................Sorry for butting into your thread.

So I'm a little slow sometimes. In this and similar situations, what is the difference between Road, City, Dock, and UE? UE can be forced to do any classification's work whereas others must stay in classification? I.E., no dock work for Road or no Road work for City?

So I'm a little slow sometimes. In this and similar situations, what is the difference between Road, City, Dock, and UE? UE can be forced to do any classification's work whereas others must stay in classification? I.E., no dock work for Road or no Road work for City?
UE’s aren’t forced to do anything. Their job description is drive, dock, switch trailers, etc. Most city are combo, dock and drive, dock and road for the most part, just whine about everything.... And hardworking shuttle guys like me do it all,@ 46 mph....

UE’s aren’t forced to do anything. Their job description is drive, dock, switch trailers, etc. Most city are combo, dock and drive, dock and road for the most part, just whine about everything.... And hardworking shuttle guys like me do it all,@ 46 mph....
Seriously, though. I am a little slow. As I understand it now, a road man would never work the dock at a destination, now being reclassified as UE means they could be forced to work the dock like XPO? I'm trying to figure out the advantage to New Penn of reclassifying these guys as UE.
UE was never a thing during my time as a Teamster

Seriously, though. I am a little slow. As I understand it now, a road man would never work the dock at a destination, now being reclassified as UE means they could be forced to work the dock like XPO? I'm trying to figure out the advantage to New Penn of reclassifying these guys as UE.
UE was never a thing during my time as a Teamster
UE’s are not existing road drivers. They bid those positions from the city boards.
YRC road drivers working the dock? Are you kidding, Ted?