New Penn | New Penn does not need to take these cuts!!!

hooligan

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm voting NO again. There is no way only one local(god bless you guys) will have a majority no vote this time around. If we are just a pimple on YRCW's a## then it won't hurt if we are a little higher paid (and pension paid) pimple. I know...wishful thinking, but this is our time to stand together! I don't want to have to work like this for multiple years. Give us what is due or close the doors:TR10driving03:

I'm voting NO again. There is no way only one local(god bless you guys) will have a majority no vote this time around. If we are just a pimple on YRCW's a## then it won't hurt if we are a little higher paid (and pension paid) pimple. I know...wishful thinking, but this is our time to stand together! I don't want to have to work like this for multiple years. Give us what is due or close the doors:TR10driving03:

bro, im with you all the way. we have been weathering the storm quite well so far. we're still profitable and in the black and that's what counts. YRC has cut the fat big-time for those losing money and being unprofitable. last time i checked, us at NP are not part of that equation. it has never been in my mind that we would be shut down and now is no different. im a gambling man and im gonna roll the dice on a NO vote.

Glad to have you both on board. Newpenn has not lost money! But YRC thinks its ok to steal what we made and not pay our pensions the last 2-3 months!!! bull ::shit::!!
My vote will be a no vote AGAIN!! And I can tell you that Cinnaminson will sure as hell vote no again!!! GET the word out!

Glad to have you both on board. Newpenn has not lost money! But YRC thinks its ok to steal what we made and not pay our pensions the last 2-3 months!!! bull ::shit::!!
My vote will be a no vote AGAIN!! And I can tell you that Cinnaminson will sure as hell vote no again!!! GET the word out!
Trying to talk to are brothers up here in buffalo also . Im on board with a no . Let me ask can they even shut us down the banks own us? i thuibnk the banks would say no way you cant close them.

I think buffalo is with you guys , trying to talk to the guys about a no vote.Everyone is pissed off . Lets see if we can stick together.I can tell you guys this there was an article in the buffalo news today , the head line said yrc drivers accept wage cut of 5 percent . I said wtf we didnt even vote yet and they have a article that we have accepted it. I called the hall said they were going to contact the paper. THis was written by a ap writer anyone else see this in any of your local papers?

I voted no the first time, and will vote no this time too. As for yrc shutting us down. think about it, there is no way the banks would allow it. I just wish there could be an independent auditor (federal?) counting the ballots. I'm not convinced they even counted the last time. Most of the guys I talked at Camp Hill seem to agree on a no vote we'll have to wait and see.

I have been asking everyone I run into at my terminal including foreign road drivers if a YES vote is a good thing. By playing devil's advocate I have been told EVERYTIME by my brothers "No more givebacks! Close the doors if they have to!" The only person who thinks a YES vote is a good thing is one of the supervisors. Go figure!

we got the majority of no votes in pittsburgh. get the word out. every employee in this company does a little part to make a profit for this company. lets show yrc enough is enough. new penn doesn't need this. stick together guys. we are teamsters, be proud, stand up for what is right.. the banks will not let yrcw shut the only division turning a profit. this is our union, our company, stand up, voice your opinion. we built this company to what it once was, lets stop yrcw from making us pay for their mistakes. sorry so long

d.J.

bro, im with you all the way. we have been weathering the storm quite well so far. we're still profitable and in the black and that's what counts.
YRC has cut the fat big-time
for those losing money and being unprofitable. last time i checked, us at NP are not part of that equation.
it has never been in my mind that we would be shut down and now is no different
im a gambling man
and im gonna roll the dice on a NO vote.

That's a bad bet and no gambling. If you put all of that together, we are going to be well placed to make it no matter what happens going forward,

I wish you guys the best,and i talked to a bunch of guys i know who work for yrc and holland and nobody can answer this?why are you guys voting seperate!seems to me they can not close you!you guys are the only ones making money!makes you wonder?

**** YRC! I'll bet they don't have the balls to send our company officers out to beg us to vote for this one! Remember the union said last time they had one chance to help yrc survive.Now is the time for us to stand up to these assholes! A no vote is the only way to go ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! 10% was too much think about how you're going to make it on 5% less. they already took about 3 weeks pay from me this year so far. The Banks are no way gonna let yrc shut down the only profitable company they own, And belive me, the banks are what it all comes down to.the union won't stand up for us. We can only do it for ourselves thru our votes. vote NO brothers we didn't make this mess and nobody we work for did. we shouldn't have to starve over it think about it!

**** YRC! I'll bet they don't have the balls to send our company officers out to beg us to vote for this one! Remember the union said last time they had one chance to help yrc survive.Now is the time for us to stand up to these assholes! A no vote is the only way to go ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! 10% was too much think about how you're going to make it on 5% less. they already took about 3 weeks pay from me this year so far. The Banks are no way gonna let yrc shut down the only profitable company they own, And belive me, the banks are what it all comes down to.the union won't stand up for us. We can only do it for ourselves thru our votes. vote NO brothers we didn't make this mess and nobody we work for did. we shouldn't have to starve over it think about it!

And don't forget!! They have a huge pension withdraw liability if they even wanted to close us. They can't pay they pension now, where will they get the MILLIONS for the withdraw liability????

The banks have done some pretty dumbshit to get us all into this mess.One more question,if New Penn has a me too agreement what difference do your votes make??

Is it just me or has there been an increase in non New Penn employees posting on this board about how our vote doesn't matter? If you are not a New Penn Proud employee then refresh your memory on the trolling rule. If we vote NO and keep our 5% and pension contributions while our YRC brothers get the shaft then I will feel sorry for those guys. What everyone seems to forget when strolling over here from other boards is that YRC is losing $ while New Penn is making $. This fact makes all the difference in the world. Sorry YRC guys.

Can't we all get along??We are in this mess together,we are all part of the mothership.:eck13:He brought up an interesting question and no one seems to know the answer.A question hopefully someone might get answered by one of our union leaders..If we vote it down,does life at Newpenn go on as usual???:shift::shift:

Some people say they close us if we vote no. No one can answer how they can close us. They would have a huge pension withdraw liability in order to close us. They don't have the money to pay the pension right now. Where will they get the money for the withdraw???
Any answers?

Just heard from our ba and we were told if we vote no on this new penn will be shut down and yrc would pick up our freight at an 85% rate of new penns rates,if holland shuts down new penn would lose 1900 bills a day throughout the system,we were also told two other companies are close to closing,if we outlast these companies by one day,the future is good,so if you think new penn is untouchable and you are willing to get shut down and watch yrc take over our freight,then go ahead and vote no.

Your BA can give all the opinions he wants. He does not have any facts to back up his statement!
Our Local President who is also an Eastern VP for the international told us 2 weeks ago that only the 14 month deferral is on the table and nothing else will be negotiated!! He also said NewPenn will not vote seperately!
He was wrong on both statements.
Ask your BA how NewPenn or YRC get out of the pension withdraw liability if they try to close only newpenn.