New Penn | New Penn gets another chance

I

irishzig

All you unfeeling, ill-advised, uncaring, uninformed individuals who voted no the first time around can now stick to your words and find another job. Or vote yes and keep working for the best regional carrier alive today. Somehow the IBT has found a loophole and is sending out new ballots. Think of your brothers that have mortages, kids in college or large medical concerns, and VOTE YES!

Another chance for what? I voted justlike many of my brothers and sisters did, yu don,t get a do-over. I know I'm more informed than you beleive me, the ship is sinking and your just not smart enough to know it. The good thing is I get to see my LABOR lawyer friday and he's got alot of intereseting points to make. Beware of the class action lawuits to be filed, because I might get my wis.

All you unfeeling, ill-advised, uncaring, uninformed individuals who voted no the first time around can now stick to your words and find another job. Or vote yes and keep working for the best regional carrier alive today. Somehow the IBT has found a loophole and is sending out new ballots. Think of your brothers that have mortages, kids in college or large medical concerns, and VOTE YES!

All you unfeeling,ill=advised, uncaring,uniformed individuals who voted yes the first time around can now stick to your word and find another job with no Pension, making 15%less. Or Vote NO and keep working for the best regional Carrier alive today with a full Teamster Pension and close to 21 a hour. There is no RE VOTE coming due to the U.S. being a Democracy. Think of your brothers that have mortgages,kids in college,medical concerns or ones that would like to retire with dignity with a Full Teamster Pension and Vote No.
Change a few words and it works both ways.
All kidding aside IrishZig the Re-vote is not going to happen.

Another chance for what? I voted justlike many of my brothers and sisters did, yu don,t get a do-over. I know I'm more informed than you beleive me, the ship is sinking and your just not smart enough to know it. The good thing is I get to see my LABOR lawyer friday and he's got alot of intereseting points to make. Beware of the class action lawuits to be filed, because I might get my wis.

1 of the main reasons ppeople don't join unions is because they don't want there employers closing because of people like you. So you just help the union busters with their cause. And screw a hell of alot of people out of their fair chance at a better life. I don't know if you saw the reduction of freight in the last few years,,nor the unemployment rate,nor that 2 million people lost their homes in the last 6 months. But I'd rather mine not be one of the next to go. You've obviously recieved your fair share from a union job. Quit being so selfish and let others have a chance. There's alot of people out there that could use our help and we can't help them when we're a part of them. You're saying no may prevent your other 30,000 brothers from recieving the bank aid they need. Every day at a union job is better than a day with it closed or working at a non-union company. Who's gonna lobby for the trucker if we don't hold out as long as we can. Maybe we can get other carriers with card check and get more secure again. We're an awesome example to the non-union union haters that a union carrier can be the best even though we are union. Please quit thinking of yourself and think of others. Union isn't about self,it's about helping your brothers out. WE may lose some and it may be hard to get back but,if it is true and we do get another chance at least the MFA may still have a chance. Without it all trucking may become everyone for themselves and let the economy dictate evey drivers pay.WE affect that payrate no matter what anyone thinks. Alone we'll never have a say on that payrate. You'll take what your given and that's it no say at all.for anyone. Every day counts.Every day union is a better day than not even if it lasts another week,month or year.

Teamsters website info on New Penn Status

Copied from Teamsters375.org under Freight News section:

NEW PENN STATUS
Posted On: Aug 12, 2009 (06:05:44)

As a result of the relief package vote, it is our understanding that YRC as filed for a change of operations merging New Penn into YRC.

Recognizing the adverse effect that this wil have on our members at New Penn, Local 375 has joined other Locals representing New Penn members in sending a letter to the Freight Department requesting a revote in hopes of saving New Penn.

Local 375 continues to support the ratification of this relief package by all members of YRCW, as a provision of the MOU was shared sacrifice. Our hope at this point is that we are granted a revote and the plan be ratified by ALL groups.

supposedly the b.a. here in baltimore has said new ballots will be mailed out for a re-vote. remember, this is second hand information has i did not here him say this. this comes from a city driver who knows the b.a. guess we'll see.

All I know is this really sucks!!!!!!!!!!............Maybe more union members would have voted yes.......if they were not going to screw with the pension fund. It doesn't seem fair that my husband only has 2 1/2 years to go until he could retire, and now the pension fund contributions and accrual is going to stop. And if YRC decides to fold, we would lose the pension anyway. So my point is why do we pay union dues, when the Teamsters won't stand up and fight for their members.

For those unbelievers, call me from your new job, where I'm sure you'll be a model employee. For those who want to know: I'm, just therorizing now, the IBT has found out that certain union employees with white paper contracts did not get a ballot to cast. therefore they have a somewhat legal right to call a revote.

P.S. I forgot to mention; this vote must be done before YRC completes the change of operation merging New Penn & yrc.

re vote

Copied from Teamsters375.org under Freight News section:

NEW PENN STATUS
Posted On: Aug 12, 2009 (06:05:44)

As a result of the relief package vote, it is our understanding that YRC as filed for a change of operations merging New Penn into YRC.

Recognizing the adverse effect that this wil have on our members at New Penn, Local 375 has joined other Locals representing New Penn members in sending a letter to the Freight Department requesting a revote in hopes of saving New Penn.

Local 375 continues to support the ratification of this relief package by all members of YRCW, as a provision of the MOU was shared sacrifice. Our hope at this point is that we are granted a revote and the plan be ratified by ALL groups.

If there is a re-vote better have it at the terminials where the ballot box can be watched.

Here is my theory, even if you get a chance to have a revote....In any situation like this, you will never get a vote of 100% like the banks want. The banks just created a pipe dream that they would lend money, 'IF' YRC had a 100% vote. Which the banks new would happen. It's a little rare that everyone would agree with and additional 5% give back and no pension fund contribution or accrual. Is YRC really that stupid to think they would get a 100% vote on this? I would like to know what managment been drinking to think that they would get a 100% vote. Maybe management should have put this out to the members that they had banks lined up to give them money if the vote was yes. No one new this.

DHAA! 41.5 % of YRC voted no. WTF are you talking about.? Please think out your comments before making a reply!

For those unbelievers, call me from your new job, where I'm sure you'll be a model employee. For those who want to know: I'm, just therorizing now, the IBT has found out that certain union employees with white paper contracts did not get a ballot to cast. therefore they have a somewhat legal right to call a revote.

P.S. I forgot to mention; this vote must be done before YRC completes the change of operation merging New Penn & yrc.

what employees of new penn are under a white paper contract? the ibt said it theirselves in another post that new penn is under nmfa not a white paper.

Here is my theory, even if you get a chance to have a revote....In any situation like this, you will never get a vote of 100% like the banks want. The banks just created a pipe dream that they would lend money, 'IF' YRC had a 100% vote. Which the banks new would happen. It's a little rare that everyone would agree with and additional 5% give back and no pension fund contribution or accrual. Is YRC really that stupid to think they would get a 100% vote on this? I would like to know what managment been drinking to think that they would get a 100% vote. Maybe management should have put this out to the members that they had banks lined up to give them money if the vote was yes. No one new this.
What they want is 100% participation (all divisions) not 100% of votes.

Since New Penn is not on a white paper contract, if that is used as the reason then they will have to revote all of YRC. You can't just revote where you don't like the results. If there was a problem with the balloting and they open that can of worms then they got to redo it all.

Some maintance and clerical are unionized but not NMFA.

And as it was cleared up before, New Penn is a stand alone signer to the NMFA.

My mistake I'm just the spouse so pardon me for putting my input out there. Irishzig you need to calm down. I understand and feel for all of you guys in this whole situation. It sucks that it all comes down to poor management. And Dan Sullivan Thank you for correcting me on the 100% deal. I still dont think it will happen. I think everyone needs to take it one day at a time and let some of the irons cool down. Remember I'm a spouse dealing with all of this also.

what a total cluster ****..u gotta be kiddn....this is a bad bad dream..that re-occurrs every day, deadlines, revotes, COO'S. oh my....