New Penn | New Penn gets another chance

Shakey,
Nice post, glad to see you have some balls to voice your common sense opinion there in Cinnaminson. The most important thing we are responsible for is our families and the lack of health care is what puts most people in the poor house. Even though I hate what this has come to I have to vote YES, even if to give us some more time before the inevitable. Are they bluffing, I think not and, I CAN"T TAKE TAKE THAT CHANCE IN THIS ECONOMY!
I know that the re-vote in Baltimore will be an overall YES vote, most of the no's regretted their first ballot after seeing what the repercussions are going to be. Again, you have to vote YES and give New Penn a chance for survival and avoid putting fellow brothers and their families on the unemployment line.
If you want to vote no and put yourself out of work why don't YOU JUST GO NOW, just quit!
ST. J VET

I won't disagree and have not disagreed with anyone on here who says they need to vote yes vecause they need the pay and or benefits. But please don't make the statement that your yes vote is avoiding putting fellow teamsters out of a job. YRC has their plan in place and they will do what they want no matter if its a yes or no vote. I think we need to tell the IBT that we want an agreement that YRC will not close or merge any newpenn terminals when the vote comes back as a yes (which it will). Or at the minimum, have YRC agree that for 6 months or a year that they won't close any terminals.

Since New Penn is not on a white paper contract, if that is used as the reason then they will have to revote all of YRC. You can't just revote where you don't like the results. If there was a problem with the balloting and they open that can of worms then they got to redo it all.

Al Gore did it in Florida.:biglaugh:

Its truely amazing that some of you guys just dont get it.The profit NewPenn generated last year is approximately one days opperating cost for YRC, its nice to have but not essential.They will shut NP down in a ny minute.Its not often in life you are given a chance at a do over, make the most of it vote YES.Then you can take a leave of absence go look for that fantasy job that your entitled to,but if you cant find it you still have your old job to come back to.Vote no and you dont find that job all you will have is unemployemnt and in 3-4 months no medical.

Hey Lucky7, do you want me to pay you the 5 bucks I owe you or should I buy a big jar of vaseline for the screwing yrc is gonna give us all?:biglaugh:
Good Luck to everyone no matter how the whole YRC/Newpenn deal goes down.

I'm not here to argue or to change your minds. I am only here to give my perspective. However my understanding of the banks position is all or nothing. Can we save New Penn and our jobs? Who knows, what I do know is wheather or not I want give us a fighting chance. I believe a no vote will never give us the chance. I don't like this anymore then any of you. I'll have to work more years to retire, maybe work more days or hours to make ends meet. But at least with a yes vote I may have a chance. How many of us will find jobs that even pay the cut rate or have the medical we have. I know after many years at new Penn have provided a pretty good livivg fo me and believe me I do not want to go backwards. But at least voting yes lets me know how far backwards I'm going.The unknown is much worse in my eyes. YOU men that know me know I fight with the best of them to protect our rights in cinnaminson. I can only asume that having no one run against me or even signing for an election [ i post an election sign up sheet every January.] I must be doing something right. I am not now nor have i ever bowed to management. I just want the chance to fight another day!

To whoever said there is life after New Penn you are absolutly right. I have also heard there is life after death but I'M NOT READY TO DIE.

I'm not here to argue or to change your minds. I am only here to give my perspective. However my understanding of the banks position is all or nothing. Can we save New Penn and our jobs? Who knows, what I do know is wheather or not I want give us a fighting chance. I believe a no vote will never give us the chance. I don't like this anymore then any of you. I'll have to work more years to retire, maybe work more days or hours to make ends meet. But at least with a yes vote I may have a chance. How many of us will find jobs that even pay the cut rate or have the medical we have. I know after many years at new Penn have provided a pretty good livivg fo me and believe me I do not want to go backwards. But at least voting yes lets me know how far backwards I'm going.The unknown is much worse in my eyes. YOU men that know me know I fight with the best of them to protect our rights in cinnaminson. I can only asume that having no one run against me or even signing for an election [ i post an election sign up sheet every January.] I must be doing something right. I am not now nor have i ever bowed to management. I just want the chance to fight another day!

Shakey I've known you for all 15 years I've been at New Penn and what you say is true. Even though I am P&D many times I have asked you for advice on a problem. But the main sticking point with this whole RE VOTE is we voted once and 61% of the men said NO. What gives anyone the authority to throw that vote out and DO IT OVER. Do you think its Fair to try and intimidate the NO voters by saying we will be merged or closed if we don't change our vote?? I know you have fought the union on many occasions. You have even went around them. So Shakey honestly how can you CONDONE throwing out the first vote and re-voting?? That to be honest was never your style. People might not like things but to change the rules is not fair to anyone.

I posted this thread to YRC Senior Mgt yesterday but this is why alot of us voted NO !

The THREE reasons why the New Penn vote came back with a resounding 2 to 1 NO.

1 As in real life, not everyone loves their parent(s), hence the reality that you saw through this vote. There is no respect or love at New Penn toward our parent, YRCW. We get this, you don't.

2 As in real life there are agencies and homes that handle those who wish not to live with their parents. This vote hoped to find New Penn a different parent and a better home. We get this, you don't

3 If the chance to be sold existed through this vote then the hope of retaining benefits and wages could have been realized ... We get this, you don't.

When you understand the true PRIDE in this company which has NEVER faltered, not once, even though your war ships were bombing our shores, taking casualties including good sales and management people, good drivers who ended up retiring before their time, drivers who were laid off because the YRC BRAND was attached to this great company's name when our customers were concerned by YOUR financials NOT ours!!

In light of your most recent move to put this STILL profitable company out to pasture and in the grave forever doesn't shock us one bit. Adding another Winross toy truck to the shelf of a customer as a focal point amongst his 100 others out of business carriers is not hard for you to do and you've made it clear that's what you will do. Don't blame us for a no vote, you asked, we told. Start making money like us and we won't have to continue to make your lives difficult like you've made ours miserable.

To everyone out there from New Penn this is the toughest spot we have been in yet.I know we all have been with the company for awhile, I want you all to remember what a good job it was before YRC. Now let's take a look at where we are, we don't have any say in the day to day operations.YRC has put their hands on everything, they make us operate in such a state that they take efficency right out of the picture. Think about it, it won't take long to see how much they F'ed up our company.The bottom line guys is this no matter which way you vote they are going to merge us in and do away with us.Anyone that has ever seen or been involved in a change of ops, you know that they don't draw them up overnight.Their full intentions are to absorb our business, what they can keep for the increase in revenue on YRC's bottom line not New Penn's. when this happens the vast majority of us will be out of work.YRC will save millions of dollars in overhead by doing this.They will not give any kind garuntee to anyone,wether it be IBT or to New Penn management that they will not do it anyway.I can't see any alternative than to VOTE NO.They are not really giving you a choice,they are telling you that you have to take thyis either way with no job security.I mean really guys do you really think they aren't going to do this to us anyway.They have destroyed everything they have ever touched.Can anyone remember the last time they made a profit.Let's face it guys it's over at New Penn as we have known it.Don't give in to them and their scare tactics, show them that we will not be talked down to or forced into a deal that is all one way. I URGE EVERYONE TO VOTE NO. I understand if you vote yes I have two little kids at home but I won't let someone that is so out of touch with reality dictate to me what I have to do.GOOD LUCK TO ALL,YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST GROUP OF TEAMSTERS I HAVE EVER BEEN AROUND.

For those who didnt like NP as your owner, you should have quit when it changed hands. If you dont want to take another paycut, then quit now and find another job.. did I mention that its going to be pretty hard to find a job @ 19 hr plus healthcare.. let alone try to apply at a non union carrier as an ex-Teamster... if YRC goes under, the non union carriers will have control and mark my words wages will be decreased across the industry... I voted YES because I need my job and if we have to vote again I will vote YES again. For those who think your holding out will get NP sold, you are crazy.. yrc MUST get the full majority for his creditors to amend its credit agreements.. your NO vote will only close the entire company and all 45k employees... at the very least. they will close NP - No one is going to buy them.. YRC pledged every asset they had to its creditors. NP is worthless from a financial standpoint.

Irishman, I understand and agree with most of what you said. I have never backed away from a cause I believed in. I am not doing that now, let me explain. Years ago my wife decided it was best she not work, that it was in the best interest of our kids that she stay home. I have a son going to college in the fall at a cost of $83000 for a three year course. I have two daughters at home 12,13 years old going through puberty. God only knows what there needs may be, not to mention $15000 to $20000 braces they are in the middle of getting. I have a 6 year old son that like many his age needs medical attention on occasion. I don't blame anyone for the position I am in at home. Fact is I would'nt want it any other way. With this being said I BELIEVE WITH ALL HEART THEY DEPEND ON ME. I thought about this for a long time, [road drivers have too much time for that] No matter what senerio I put together it is in the best interest of my family [and they come first] to try to save our jobs. I don't that it wsill work but al least I'll know I tried! That is all any of us can do, try to do whats best for those that depend on us. If we fail we know we tried!

Originally Posted by irishzig
All you unfeeling, ill-advised, uncaring, uninformed individuals who voted no the first time around can now stick to your words and find another job. Or vote yes and keep working for the best regional carrier alive today. Somehow the IBT has found a loophole and is sending out new ballots. Think of your brothers that have mortages, kids in college or large medical concerns, and VOTE YES! VERY WELL SAID,KEEP TALKING LIKE THIS AT YOUR TERMINAL AND KEEP PUSHING THE YES VOTE AND LETS GET THIS THING DONE.
Vote yes and give the drug addict (yrc) another hit and you can call yourselves enablers.

Irishman, I understand and agree with most of what you said. I have never backed away from a cause I believed in. I am not doing that now, let me explain. Years ago my wife decided it was best she not work, that it was in the best interest of our kids that she stay home. I have a son going to college in the fall at a cost of $83000 for a three year course. I have two daughters at home 12,13 years old going through puberty. God only knows what there needs may be, not to mention $15000 to $20000 braces they are in the middle of getting. I have a 6 year old son that like many his age needs medical attention on occasion. I don't blame anyone for the position I am in at home. Fact is I would'nt want it any other way. With this being said I BELIEVE WITH ALL HEART THEY DEPEND ON ME. I thought about this for a long time, [road drivers have too much time for that] No matter what senerio I put together it is in the best interest of my family [and they come first] to try to save our jobs. I don't that it wsill work but al least I'll know I tried! That is all any of us can do, try to do whats best for those that depend on us. If we fail we know we tried!

I understand Shakey everyone has there reasons for YES or NO votes. But my point is do you think it is fair to overule over 700 NO votes and call for a Re VOTE?? YRC and the INT'l might not like it but the members have spoken. And I'm sure everyone involved thought long and hard about this VOTE. And we voted NO. In my opinion the INT'L is wrong in granting a RE-VOTE.

One thing I can say from seeing all the talk on these boards since January is this....
Almost all the newpenn guys whether they talked about voting yes or no were doing so because they believed in their vote and they believed in and stood up for a company that we all busted our asses for and believed it was a well run (even if we wanted to punch out management at times) well worked company. We all know the blame lies with YRC and the economy. Vote how you need to vote. But stay together no matter what and don't blame ourselves.

Vote NO, again. Fear is based on the unknown and there is plenty of that. You stood strong once, don't roll over now.
VOTE Yes. delay the unemployment check.
Red Star really showed management too. "We'll show them!"
CLOSED. DONE FRIGGING DEAL. One more day is better than none.
How much did you make this week?
Unemployment in PA pays around $500.00/week. And how much to continue health benefits?
You got the opputunity to show you had balls and the world knows it. And that we dislike YRC.
Now show the world we have brains too. Vote YES.
Lucky we even get another chance.Redstar did NOT.

Great .........another vote, yrc see's and knows how new penn is scramling and sending a very clear message....i think it really dont matter...doom or gllom whatever u wanna call it...way to many things against survival..i dont want to see anyone lose their jobs.....especially now..

irishman 107 if you were on death row(which is where you are)and the judge overturned the verdic and granted you a new trial.Your telling me youd rather hang because the jury convicted you than take another shot at life!Please ,Bang your head on a wall and see if you can get your brain started again!

When Yellow bought "the system" there was a lot of over lapping coverage and as far as I know, Red Star wasn't turning a profit. I'll have to double check on that. After the first vote here that took affect in Jan, there are several of your Teamster brothers who will be lucky if they will have worked a total of 60 days for this year (so much for their yes vote), a 500 dollar unemployent check would look really good right now, which I might add is just slightly under what came home this week (after the 10 percent) Unemployment? i'm not afraid to work, two and three jobs if neccessary. No, they probably won't be union. But i've kept my eyes and ears open and there are jobs out there, some paying not so bad. A cut yes. But then again, the reason you are working at the rate you are with the benefits you have is because people fought for what was right and didn't give into the corporate schmucks.
Everyone should be upset with IBT. They spent so much money organizing Overnight and then they went to their own pension fund. All the IBT is worried about is membership, they lose it, there goes their paychecks.
As for health coverage, the kids can be covered under CHIP and i've gone without medical before (you deal with it when it's needed). YRC has been allowd to keep a nice little cash reserve and these added cuts will cushion all their pockets before they file bankruptcy.
Balls, I think it's called solidarity.

All I know is this really sucks!!!!!!!!!!............Maybe more union members would have voted yes.......if they were not going to screw with the pension fund. It doesn't seem fair that my husband only has 2 1/2 years to go until he could retire, and now the pension fund contributions and accrual is going to stop. And if YRC decides to fold, we would lose the pension anyway. So my point is why do we pay union dues, when the Teamsters won't stand up and fight for their members.
The IBT has to do what's best for The 30,000+ YRC teamsters as a priority over New Penn's 2000 or so. They told us it was best to vote yes. It's not the 1950's or 1960's with 400,000 teamster freight haulers and voting citizens to back you up.