New Penn | New Penn Requests Additional Headcount?!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Another writer who doesn't understand what's going on here!

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/new-penn-requests-additional-headcount

"Jim" and "Freight Chaser 156" had to chime in and straighten him out...

1. Jim says:
    Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 6:34 pm
    You need to check the facts, change of operation requires that they eliminate road positions ,and add utility driver’s so they can do it cheaper. At my terminal they cut 20 road bids and didn’t add any utility driver’s. I am out of Camp Hill pa . This will displace 20 other people that work at Camp Hill ,because 20 people will be bumped to unemployment line. I am a road driver and will be bumping someone onto the unemployment line because now I have been relinquished to the city or dock work. No jobs were added to this terminal!!!

2. Freight Chaser 156 says:
    Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 10:50 pm
    Based upon YRC’S poor decisions in the past , why would this be any better? This move will erase any progress alot of us have made rising in seniority ranks only to get closer to the bottom. Very sad, very discouraging. Elimination of the road in scranton will mean those that dont retire will bump into the city, all but 1 have significant seniority and I along with many others will mostlikely get a crappy bid or sit by the phone. Furthermore road mens livelihood will change , that $75-$90k salary will now be about $50-$55k in the city. I cant see this being a good move for the workers. Once again it’s all about numbers and all you are is a number!
:wtflol: