New Pennsylvania law requiring snow and ice removal from vehicles now in effect

How's that gonna work?
Every one of us has hooked countless trailers in a remote location. I'll be darned if my ol' ass is climbing up on the roof in who knows where.
I would hope the Companies have given instructions or do you let it sit till spring thaw?

Slave at home.
Shoveling Snow GIF

How's that gonna work?
Every one of us has hooked countless trailers in a remote location. I'll be darned if my ol' ass is climbing up on the roof in who knows where.
I would hope the Companies have given instructions or do you let it sit till spring thaw?
You don't pull it if there's snow/ice on the roof. That's the responsibility of the company to handle that problem. Call a vendor, same as if you had a flat tire.

Didn't say it wasn't a joke or dangerous.

Places blame and is a revenue maker.

Nobody wants that to happen, it has been a problem forever. The thing of it is, it puts the driver in a no-win situation, pressure from dispatch to pull it, and leave yourself open to a heavy fine for something that is all but impossible to do. The citation should be in the Companys name that might spur them into addressing the issue. All the Companies stress safety, safety, safety unless it costs money, then it is just "be careful".
If I was a safety committee member, I would demand a written policy to be posted.

Nobody wants that to happen, it has been a problem forever. The thing of it is, it puts the driver in a no-win situation, pressure from dispatch to pull it, and leave yourself open to a heavy fine for something that is all but impossible to do. The citation should be in the Companys name that might spur them into addressing the issue. All the Companies stress safety, safety, safety unless it costs money, then it is just "be careful".
If I was a safety committee member, I would demand a written policy to be posted.
I don't see it as a no-win situation at all. Driver is always responsible for safe operation of the equipment. The law is on our side. Just refuse to pull that trailer and take photos of the snow/ice on the roof and let dispatch know you have done that (photos). No different for refusing to pull equipment with any other unsafe issue - broken spring, flat tire, etc. Call a vendor like with any other equipment safety issue. You can always let dispatch know you are recording him ordering you to pull unsafe equipment. See how quickly they back off.

We had a Charl driver lose his eye because ice came off a Pilot Freight trailer.

I refused to pull a set with snow on the trailer roofs. It was at an EOL we had recently moved to and there was no snow scraper installed there yet. I bob-tailed back home and I'm still working. Just do the right thing and keep yourself and everyone else safe.
There’s been a number of times that I refused to pull trailers. Off balanced load with the trailer leaning, holes in the trailer, no license plate, tires showing no tread. I was told to leave it and go on. I agree, snow or ice flying off the top of the trailer can be unsafe.