Central Transport | New Peterbilts

Haven't you ever purchased a new vehicle before? You get a yellow temporary sheet of paper to tape in the window until the state gets around to issuing your license plates. 100% legal - who would want to let brand new trucks sit idle on a technicality? I'd hate to be the manager that has to tell his drivers they can't touch the new equipment because the state hasn't issued plates yet...if it wasn't legal they would all be pulled over at every weigh station don't you think?
I get that it's legal; I've just never seen that done on such a massive scale. I don't ever see other LTL carriers (or any carriers, for that matter) rolling out their new equipment in such a manner. Don't you think it's a bit odd?

Since 2014 Central has been steadily purchasing new trucks. I've hauled into the majority of terminals in the upper Midwest and can honestly say the oldest trucks they have on the road are 2014 Freighliners. They really have made some strides with getting new equipment on the road!
You must be keeping them in the Midwest then 'cause you sure aren't sending them to the Northeast.

You must be keeping them in the Midwest then 'cause you sure aren't sending them to the Northeast.
Here in Dallas they have retired all of the old Sterlings. Nothing but new Internationals but they still have the junk trailers with mixed matched parts. They are still the worst LTL company in business today. The pay is OK but for me it was never about the hourly pay. It was about pride and self-respect. Why else would I go from the top of the seniority list (3) to the bottom with SAIA. I quit after only two weeks after the purchase of Vitran. The Healthcare was worthless .... Cherokee ??? In Texas it's absolutely worthless. Matty the owner is a worthless POS THAT SOLD HIS SOUL TO THE DEVIL. And besides yellow never was my color.

I get that it's legal; I've just never seen that done on such a massive scale. I don't ever see other LTL carriers (or any carriers, for that matter) rolling out their new equipment in such a manner. Don't you think it's a bit odd?

I am excited and grateful for my new truck here at Central Transport. I do agree, it is not the normal thing to see the registration in the window but, the company could have made us wait for all the plates to show up before we drove the equilment. We would have just been looking at it in the yard. Instead, they gave us our new trucks right away. I have wondered in the past why I see trucks just sitting on lots that look brand new and are not being used. Thone companies are likely waiting on those plates, whereas I am already driving mine. I could not be happier! Central Transport has been good to me and this new truck is just one more thing I can be proud of here.

Not trying to get into an argument or anything here but the weekly newsletter just had a story on new trucks this week across the company. They have all 2016 Freightliners across Vermont, Maine, Connecticut, Massachussetts, and Rhode Island and 2017 Petes and Freights across New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania. The first 2 digits in the truck number on the hood indicate what year the unit is. I'm sure there's still a few old tractors out there in those areas but rest assured they are on their way out. I think the deep south is the only area left that they are moving new tractors into this year then we should have new units across the map!

Plenty of old duct taped starlings still rolling around in ohio
Starlings :hilarious: I don't know if that's a typo or not but it is funny.
Not trying to get into an argument or anything here but the weekly newsletter just had a story on new trucks this week across the company. They have all 2016 Freightliners across Vermont, Maine, Connecticut, Massachussetts, and Rhode Island and 2017 Petes and Freights across New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania. The first 2 digits in the truck number on the hood indicate what year the unit is. I'm sure there's still a few old tractors out there in those areas but rest assured they are on their way out. I think the deep south is the only area left that they are moving new tractors into this year then we should have new units across the map!
I would hope so, I feel sorry for those guys driving around in that unwashed yellow junk that's depriving the world of its value at the scrap yard. I hadn't realized how bad canary yellow shows the dirt before. If you can get a good coat of wax on them the rain alone will wash them up.

2016 Petes in PA!!! Paper on Temporary. Plates coming in - $68K last year - no more dock. Home everyday, insurance no issue. I've only been here a year and don't feel the need to leave. I come in - get my work assignment and run. No complaints! Hired me out of school never had to go OTR. :clapping::wee:

Or less. I saw one today - brand new Pete, no plate, with the passenger side of the bumper broken off.
And today I saw another brand new one with the driver's side of the bumper broken off. Didn't take long to get 2 of the brand new trucks at 1 terminal down to raggedy status.

And today I saw another brand new one with the driver's side of the bumper broken off. Didn't take long to get 2 of the brand new trucks at 1 terminal down to raggedy status.

This sounds more like there is an issue with a driver than with Central Transport. We have all new trucks in my terminal and all still look as nice as they did when we got them. I have recently seen a FedEx truck missing a mirror a Estes trailer with the door tied shut missing the latch a Conway truck flipped on its side and more. If you drive you see all companies with the same problems. The shop at my location has always fix my truck for me and I am happy with my new pete.

I have recently seen a FedEx truck missing a mirror a Estes trailer with the door tied shut missing the latch a Conway truck flipped on its side and more. If you drive you see all companies with the same problems.
You must really get around, yep, I've seem similar things (never saw one with a missing mirror though) but I can't say that I'd, seen them recently to each other. And there was never a time when I'd see one of them and try to count the defects like you can on a CT.

This sounds more like there is an issue with a driver than with Central Transport. We have all new trucks in my terminal and all still look as nice as they did when we got them. I have recently seen a FedEx truck missing a mirror a Estes trailer with the door tied shut missing the latch a Conway truck flipped on its side and more. If you drive you see all companies with the same problems. The shop at my location has always fix my truck for me and I am happy with my new pete.
I just think it's a shame they finally get new trucks only to get torn up immediately. That part is definitely a driver issue. In my area, they have recently hired a bunch of inexperienced drivers and that is the result. Whether they get fixed or not is up to the company.

Everyone has to get a start somewhere :tr10driving03::poster oops: ct is a great place lol everything things covered big money good insurance free screwing and tattoos under Matty hip Matisse all and a new Pete

I saw one of the Central Peterbuilts in action. They do have newer equipment now that is definite they needed it too.

who can say anything good about this rotten p o s idiot crap bag outfit...the lost customers hate them for not paying claims and damaging freight as well as some transit times 21 days rock on ct i mean ship on to a more reliable outfit that is not a bottom feeder.

Every terminal different.....At every carrier even, so ya know

I was out of Tucson....Had mostly positive exp, better than r and l, conway, saia, or yrc in my town..Only Estes has nicer pay, equuipment, workload...

Cherokee, insurance....ya, dont sign up for it, go to united healthcare, get better ins for less money...

Have any of you actually called cherokee? calling them is the funniest thing....