SAIA | New President

havinsomefun

TB Lurker
Credits
Saia names Holzgrefe President and COO
Jan. 4, 2019 7:33 AM ET|By: Niloofer Shaikh, SA News Editor
Saia (NASDAQ:SAIA) has named Frederick J. Holzgrefe, III President and Chief Operating Officer, effective immediately and he is appointed a member of the Board of Directors.

Holzgrefe will retain the title of CFO while a search for his successor is conducted.

Holzgrefe joined Saia in 2014 after serving in leadership roles at a leading agricultural processor and distributor.

I guess I should be happy I wasn’t able to apply at the new Springfield Ma terminal. You all sound more miserable then most!

I think Saia is fine if you keep in mind that employment there should be a “stepping stone” to something better. Don’t apply/take a job there if you are looking for long term happiness and success. The culture is terrible, and Saia vilifies drivers. I’ve never heard of another trucking company that despised drivers more than Saia.

I guess I should be happy I wasn’t able to apply at the new Springfield Ma terminal. You all sound more miserable then most!

It’s true unfortunately and that’s a bad culture to have here. It’s a cancer that’s spreading and saia isn’t trying to find a fix imo. It’s as if there to stubborn to admit there’s bad business decisions being made for long term success. There’s nothing wrong with trying or making mistakes but a smart company will reevaluate that decision to better themselves for the future. We don’t see that happening and it’s frustrating. I’ve always said saia has a lot of great things in there favor if they would just listen to there drivers instead of thinking we’re always screwing them. What we have is the death of an elite company happening becoming just another place to work and we’re all using each other. I have never been told that your life is worth more than any piece of freight you haul just the financial cost to them, sad.

This company will never change until their operation ratio starts taking a hit. The stock has taken a serious hit but so has all of the LTL sector. It will catch up with them someday. And least I hope it does. You can’t treat your people like ::shit:: and maintain positive momentum.

Last edited:
Have you seen our stock at XPO? I don’t know what to think. I just try to stay positive (impossible), do my job and go home. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.

Have you seen our stock at XPO? I don’t know what to think. I just try to stay positive (impossible), do my job and go home. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
I have seen the tumble in XPO stock. It’s truly unprecedented in the LTL sector.

Here is why the XPO Stock tumbled a couple weeks ago, click on the "Download the Report" at the bottom and you will find about 25 pages of why the stock tanked.

https://www.sprucepointcap.com/xpo-logistics-inc/