R&L | new pup

tagalong37

TB Lurker
Credits
watch your self when u hook up to the new pup the kingpin is way under there have slide the fifth wheel if not will tear up the mud flap on the truck

Will it make it so you cannot turn as well? We had a driver at our term do this and she was freaking out about it not turning as she was driving, ended up being the mud flaps. It made for a great laugh. Trashed them both

What is the number break, anyone know?

Is it a twin screw problem or does it effect the singles as well?

I had one of these new trailers 2 weeks ago. It was 0A24xx, I think it was a wabash trailer & it would definitely be tight on a twin screw. A mack single slid all the way up cleared by 1.5". BOL

I had one of these new trailers 2 weeks ago. It was 0A24xx, I think it was a wabash trailer & it would definitely be tight on a twin screw. A mack single slid all the way up cleared by 1.5". BOL

I remember having that problem with the oa18xx series trailers. It also depends on how your 5th wheel is mounted. On my single its mounted a little further back than our newer singles. Not much, but enough to where it could cause an issue depending on the kingpin setback of the trailer. I can run mine all the way forward with most pups, just not the oa18xx series and apparently the oa24xx series. Can't go past the second hole for those pups and tandem trailers.

But what difference does all of that make anyway? Most of the sorry excuses for truck drivers that work here are too stupid to know how to slide a 5th wheel anyway.