Estes | New rumors!!!

Markham. We had an email posted on the door to our office that said there were some unforeseen circumstances and that bids will be posted on the 15th and take effect on the 29th.
Waiting on the finalization of the sell to Amazon

Amazon is building their own transportation network. They dont want to take on the headaches of buying an existing carrier. Besides that they are way more into the parcel business than they are freight.

Bezos bought a grocery store chain, to say he wabts parcel and wouldn't venture into freight doesn't follow Bezos business philosophy.

Bezos bought a grocery store chain, to say he wabts parcel and wouldn't venture into freight doesn't follow Bezos business philosophy.
He bought Whole Foods to compete with Wal Mart and other grocers who had moved into online sales to compete with Amazon.

Freight is a low margin business that does nothing for Amazons competitive ambitions. I can tell.you now that Bezos has no interest in hauling other peoples freight. He will build his own network to match Amazons needs. Buying up a big carrier with their own culture and a ton of excess baggage is more trouble than it's worth for Amazon.

Hes got $150 billion. Its nothing for him to build his own network to fit their own needs, which is exactly what hes doing.

I heard some terminals are asking drivers to take a 2 week furlough. Anyone here having this asked at their terminals?

I heard some terminals are asking drivers to take a 2 week furlough. Anyone here having this asked at their terminals?
They are at our terminal, we’ve been having 8-9 p&d drivers a day forced to take a day off. We had 9 people volunteer and I think a few more may be interested. Six of us are off till May 11. We’ve had trouble hiring for quite a few years at our terminal and have had quite a few dock workers go to school and they don’t want to lose anyone and be ready when the economy rebounds.

We've got p&d drivers that jumped on the furlough wagon and had schedules being combined some drivers staying home... extra board not even getting out. By the way when the economy starts to rebound its gonna be weak at best... it was already soft to begin with.