FedEx Freight | New Seniority???

fatneck

TB Lurker
Credits
What a colossal screw-up, My call time was before someone who has been ahead of me for 11 years. I asked our OPS MGR.(who is running the road bid) what was up? His reply was that is the new updated list Harrison sent us. And he showed me - I did not believe him. The seniority order is totally screwed up. Up and down the order is screwed up all thru the road board. So our bid is on hold pending an investigation as to why the order of seniority was changed... Pay attention I hope all centers aren't like this. Who? Why? and verify everything.

[quote author=fatneck link=topic=81382.msg839932#msg839932 date=1277303486]
What a colossal screw-up, My call time was before someone who has been ahead of me for 11 years. I asked our OPS MGR.(who is running the road bid) what was up? His reply was that is the new updated list Harrison sent us. And he showed me - I did not believe him. The seniority order is totally screwed up. Up and down the order is screwed up all thru the road board. So our bid is on hold pending an investigation as to why the order of seniority was changed... Pay attention I hope all centers aren't like this. Who? Why? and verify everything.
[/quote]

:stir: Does'nt surprise me. :nono:

Wait until they dovetail national in. I had a red shirt who's been with the co a long time tell me that it's a very strong possibility and that's another reason for hiring drivers like crazy besides the road being busy. The city is a different story though. FXF in IND is putting like 30 more city drivers on. Tonight on the dock there were probably 10-12 of them moving freight. Looks like a lack of equipment has them docking it. So why hire so many? Same red shirt told me when the merger happens that alot of national drivers will quit. Somethings gotta give cause alot of drivers [me included] will be not working much,if at all.

I remember way back when we at AF changed to the hub spoke system. All I heard was that a lot of people will quit, very few did.

It seems we heard the very same thing when the Viking ..sorry .. fedex west people changed to hub and spoke .... we are all going to quit ..I'd wager not many have .

So ... do I think many Watkins/National drivers will quit ... yes ... a few .. but not in numbers that will not hurts us.

I think we will lose more drivers to the new health rules .. than any other way.

I will say this .... I have expressed my thoughts :chairshot: before .. didn't changed much .. but I felt better :thumbsup:

fellowsaysbygolly

Outsider you have no idea what you are talking about! Freight will not absorb National and one board across will not happen. Terminal managers down to red shirts and you are not prevy to any information untill the day it happens. Wow, you must be a new guy..

they did away with the jobs site for natl, says" no longer available". appears to be all on the freight website. I got curious when I noticed our HR idiot at natl doing other things that have nothing to do with HR

I wish they would go to a one board system, that way everyone could do different things from time to time. I have it that way now, but I think it would be nice for others to do the same and it would be a chance for someone to find their niche. Just my thoughts on it. :duel: :fart:

"cwnut" said:
I wish they would go to a one board system, that way everyone could do different things from time to time. I have it that way now, but I think it would be nice for others to do the same and it would be a chance for someone to find their niche. Just my thoughts on it.
One board is a bad deal. I took the chance to give up decent senority in the city for the road. It's not my fault others didn't want to put their time in on the road to get to a good run.

[quote author=Otown link=topic=81382.msg840166#msg840166 date=1277392467]
Outsider you have no idea what you are talking about! Freight will not absorb National and one board across will not happen. Terminal managers down to red shirts and you are not prevy to any information untill the day it happens. Wow, you must be a new guy..
[/quote]

I didn't intend to stir the pot :stir: But when i hear and see about all the hiring i have questions. Why have more drivers than you have power units? I just got rehired and if there isn't something big about to happen i'll more than likely not be working much towards late fall. Along with a bunch of other new hires,road and city both. I hope they dont merge the 2 as much as everyone else.

Otown...I had 9 years in b4 i left last June. In the biz over 16 years. Probably drove more in reverse than you have forward there bud :poke:. I dont waste my time posting fictional info. I was just putting what i heard on here verbatim.

Hey Outsider, what's a long time in your opinion? With your mouth, I doubt anybody, with any authority and any common sense, would tell you what day of the week it is! Let alone, risk his/her job on any kind of nonsense, or corp. secrets,"you bonehead". I bet you think the world is ending in 2012, because somebody said it on the radio. Here's your sign! Hey sparpshooter, you need to be patient! This is Fedkins, not Freight or Walmart. Dan will let you know, when he has to. Nice Bike, like lookin at it at south yard. And to the AF drivers, didn't mean to intrude, usually just read, but bonehead,I mean Stupid, I mean outsider, dovetail this :banana:

[quote author=Hurricane64 link=topic=81382.msg840332#msg840332 date=1277444689]
Hey Outsider, what's a long time in your opinion? With your mouth, I doubt anybody, with any authority and any common sense, would tell you what day of the week it is! Let alone, risk his/her job on any kind of nonsense, or corp. secrets,"you bonehead". I bet you think the world is ending in 2012, because somebody said it on the radio. Here's your sign! Hey sparpshooter, you need to be patient! This is Fedkins, not Freight or Walmart. Dan will let you know, when he has to. Nice Bike, like lookin at it at south yard. And to the AF drivers, didn't mean to intrude, usually just read, but bonehead,I mean Stupid, I mean outsider, dovetail this :banana:
[/quote]

You have no clue who your trying to talk down to. The biggest reason for my return to :shift: is for insurance. Tired of shelling out 800 a month. I'm a business owner and tonight then i put my 8 hrs in on the dock 2/10pm roughly $150.00, i made $500 net at my restaurant. I'm not like your dumb *** and depend on the corporate elitist to feed the family. I'm liquid bud. I have alot and own it all outright. Check my operation out at bravaroskillerpizza.com Guys like you make men like me wonder how you've made it this far. Hurricane...More like a greasy belch.

[/quote]

Hey Hurricane64...sedersi sul vostro pugno finocchio

This is Fedkins, not Freight or Walmart. Dan will let you know, when he has to.
[/quote]

Who's Dan?

[quote author=Roundabout link=topic=81382.msg849832#msg849832 date=1279802251]
could it be Lt. Dan
[/quote] :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: Yea, Thats funny.