R&L | New Terminal In Sanger Texas.

nobodysboy

here to inform not to conform.
Credits
I realize 99.9% of you are not familiar with the Dallas terminal nor where Sanger is. Mr know it all Ron has literally one man showed this new terminal into existence. Middle of no where. No freight base. Nothing. Reminds me of the Wichita Ks facility. 150 doors in Sanger. Unable to suitably service anything other than Denton and Lewisville. Brand new equipment tractors and lift gate trailers. But they can't find drivers. Thought they could intimidate men in to forced transfers but that has fallen through. 65 miles north of Dallas terminal. Opens April 29th. Anyone interested in living in the middle of nowhere please apply. Good location for guys with no driving experience. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize 99.9% of you are not familiar with the Dallas terminal nor where Sanger is. Mr know it all Ron has literally one man showed this new terminal into existence. Middle of no where. No freight base. Nothing. Reminds me of the Wichita Ks facility. 150 doors in Sanger. Unable to suitably service anything other than Denton and Lewisville. Brand new equipment tractors and lift gate trailers. But they can't find drivers. Thought they could intimidate men in to forced transfers but that has fallen through. 65 miles north of Dallas terminal. Opens April 29th. Anyone interested in living in the middle of nowhere please apply. Good location for guys with no driving experience. Good luck.
Who's Ron? Silver Bullet?

I had to google Sanger lol. Looks to me with it only being an hour or so North of Dallas and Fort Worth it'll be used to cover a lot of territory to the North.

Who's Ron? Silver Bullet?
Regional Manager based in Lakeland Fl. If I had to define him I would say he is part of the problem with operations in the south southwest. Has a way of laying blame on terminal managers rather than himself. Not saying he doesn't try....and really I have never had a problem with the man.

I had to google Sanger lol. Looks to me with it only being an hour or so North of Dallas and Fort Worth it'll be used to cover a lot of territory to the North.
It will be more of a country delivery terminal. The are virtually no pickup customers until you get down to Denton and Lewisville. It's not the location any other company would utilize.

Regional Manager based in Lakeland Fl. If I had to define him I would say he is part of the problem with operations in the south southwest. Has a way of laying blame on terminal managers rather than himself. Not saying he doesn't try....and really I have never had a problem with the man.
Copy, hadn't heard the name before.

R+L opened the doors in Sanger with the office not ready. Construction still going on. No time clock. No dispatcher. Nobody. Hope this doesn't reflect on the future.

I would be afraid to apply cause after three years they will probably close it realizing it's bad location. I would want linehaul only but probably not much freight coming out of there

not a good start for sanger....missed multiple deliveries. New trailers lift gates won't work. good customers called in and because mdt wasn't up told multiple customers with 10 plus pallets it wasn't going to get on the road today......pulled 15 drivers from dallas at 6 am to go to help 1st day.....from what I am hearing these Sanger drivers are doing the lay down thing at their last stops to avoid swaps....that new TM is going to need to crack some heads......that cannot happen. they've actually inherited several of Dallas's worst screw offs and they don't even know it yet.....DON'T LET IT GET AWAY FROM YOU WHILE YOU ARE JUST STARTING IT WILL ONLY MANIFEST....and it's always the senior guys who screw off the most and point fingers at others.

not a good start for sanger....missed multiple deliveries. New trailers lift gates won't work. good customers called in and because mdt wasn't up told multiple customers with 10 plus pallets it wasn't going to get on the road today......pulled 15 drivers from dallas at 6 am to go to help 1st day.....from what I am hearing these Sanger drivers are doing the lay down thing at their last stops to avoid swaps....that new TM is going to need to crack some heads......that cannot happen. they've actually inherited several of Dallas's worst screw offs and they don't even know it yet.....DON'T LET IT GET AWAY FROM YOU WHILE YOU ARE JUST STARTING IT WILL ONLY MANIFEST....and it's always the senior guys who screw off the most and point fingers at others.
No, not always. I have 18 years and I damn sure earn my money.

I won’t spend too much time here but I’d like to comment on this Sanger terminal. Being a former dispatcher in the 80’s and being a life long resident of the D-FW area you could say I know a thing or two. I see how they are dividing the areas ... basically sending everything North of 635 to Sanger. That’s the stupidest thing they could ever do. I guess they need to justify the existence of that terminal that sits right next to the Walmart D.C. They could maybe drop down to Lewisville off 35E. They are dividing it all wrong. It’s so stupid to put Carrollton... Farmers Branch... Coppell... and even Garland on Sanger. Now they could run across 377 in Denton into McKinney, Plano and maybe Allen and Richardson. Traffic is horrible heading North and South in rush hour. They need to focus on 35W and Ft.Worth and points west more. No wonder it’s such a cluster **** in Dallas right now. Shuttling swaps back and forth during rush hour is beyond ridiculous. They should have thought this through long before now. I’m done for now. I will revisit if my “BOY” comments

Last edited:
I won’t spend too much time here but I’d like to comment on this Sanger terminal. Being a former dispatcher in the 80’s and being a life long resident of the D-FW area you could say I know a thing or two. I see how they are dividing the areas ... basically sending everything North of 635 to Sanger. That’s the stupidest thing they could ever do. I guess they need to justify the existence of that terminal that sits right next to the Walmart D.C. They could maybe drop down to Lewisville off 35E. They are dividing it all wrong. It’s so stupid to put Carrollton... Farmers Branch... Coppell... and even Garland on Sanger. Then they could run across 377 in Denton into McKinney, Plano and maybe Richardson. Traffic is horrible heading North and South in rush hour. They need to focus on 35W and Ft.Worth and points west more. No wonder it’s such a cluster :censored: in Dallas right now. Shuttling swaps back and forth during rush hour is beyond ridiculous. They should have thought this through long before now. I’m done for now. Will revisit if my “BOY” comments
The only way to justify the Sanger location is to grab everything north of 635. The logistics aren't justified. They will need 75 drivers to meet the routes taken from Dallas to service those areas. Coppell. Flower Mound. Grapevine. Farmers Branch. Carrollton . Addison. Richardson. Garland? We're talking about some of the largest shipping customers with R+L. Sanger will be hiring for a year to man the attack

The only way to justify the Sanger location is to grab everything north of 635. The logistics aren't justified. They will need 75 drivers to meet the routes taken from Dallas to service those areas. Coppell. Flower Mound. Grapevine. Farmers Branch. Carrollton . Addison. Richardson. Garland? We're talking about some of the largest shipping customers with R+L. Sanger will be hiring for a year to man the attack
It’s mind boggling what they are trying to do. With the driver shortage we have in today’s trucking industry they are going to struggle with this decision for awhile. But as with anything in regards to managements decisions they will have to fall flat on their face before they admit they have made a huge mistake. You can’t just jump into and undertaking like that unless you are properly staffed.

It’s mind boggling what they are trying to do. With the driver shortage we have in today’s trucking industry they are going to struggle with this decision for awhile. But as with anything in regards to managements decisions they will have to fall flat on their face before they admit they have made a huge mistake. You can’t just jump into and undertaking like that unless you are properly staffed.
They had a driver meeting a few weeks ago and asked the drivers why R+L is unable to get qualified drivers to apply. Driver's in general are fed up with the industry. LTL p&d does have a certain air to it. And a certain dynamic. It's not for everyone.

They had a driver meeting a few weeks ago and asked the drivers why R+L is unable to get qualified drivers to apply. Driver's in general are fed up with the industry. LTL p&d does have a certain air to it. And a certain dynamic. It's not for everyone.
I love P&D. But I also like to say that at our rate and average hours worked, there is about 15-20,000$ of B*** Ship money here. I can go anywhere and do 50-60K. I reset my B*** Ship meter every January with R&L and the year they peg my meter, I'm gone . That is what they don't get. I hang around because they don't mess with me and I don't mess with them. Any service center where the management cadre doesn't get that, they're going to have problems getting and keeping good drivers.

Thanks for the input Train, I'm a long way from that area, but the described problem had cropped up elsewhere in how R&L approaches service territories for facilities. Appreciate your views too Nobody's Boy. By the way , any inkling of what the mid May announcement is about ? We haven't heard a peep about that up here in the Great Lakes region. Nor anything about a raise other than what I posted we heard back in the first part of April

I love P&D. But I also like to say that at our rate and average hours worked, there is about 15-20,000$ of B*** Ship money here. I can go anywhere and do 50-60K. I reset my B*** Ship meter every January with R&L and the year they peg my meter, I'm gone . That is what they don't get. I hang around because they don't mess with me and I don't mess with them. Any service center where the management cadre doesn't get that, they're going to have problems getting and keeping good drivers.

Thanks for the input Train, I'm a long way from that area, but the described problem had cropped up elsewhere in how R&L approaches service territories for facilities. Appreciate your views too Nobody's Boy. By the way , any inkling of what the mid May announcement is about ? We haven't heard a peep about that up here in the Great Lakes region. Nor anything about a raise other than what I posted we heard back in the first part of April
As far as pay increase our driver who is kind of in tight with Wilmington says there should be news on the pay increase in about 2 weeks and that was last Friday.

Any truth that the president has made a trip to Dallas about the fiasco in Sanger? Any truth that loaded multiple city routes lay on tables in Sanger with no drivers to run them? Any truth that Dallas has had to bail them out from the cities that were reassigned to them after the realignment such as Carrollton, Lewisville, Garland, Plano, just to name a few? Any truth that so far this new terminal has been a complete and utter disaster? Any truth that missed pickups and bring backs are at an all time high? Any truth that driver morale is at an all time low because of multiple swaps running back and forth to Sanger late in the day in rush hour traffic when drivers are dead tired and just want to go home? Any truth that they put that terminal in Sanger and not in Ft.Worth like every other LTL company has simply because the land was cheaper along with property taxes? The company surely realizes that if they would have built that terminal in Ft. Worth like EVERY OTHER LTL COMPANY they wouldn’t be having the staffing problems they are having today.

Last edited: