R&L | New Terminal In Sanger Texas.

The “plant” is back! Didn’t get an update in last week so here we go!
Another influx of new drivers and SGR is well and truly up and running. Hearing missed PUs at near zero and returns are down to below company average. Zip codes have been altered on the city side and work that was initially for SGR is back there! Rumor has it DLS are in fact causing concern delaying SGR drivers in their terminals and freight getting delayed returns to SGR!
Until next week!

Another week of improvement with only 1 driver in from Dallas. P&D drivers aplenty and finally catching up! Continued issues with freight damage and incorrect loads but on the whole a massive improvement on week 1. Things are coming together for sure. The terminal is slowly standing on its own feet.
When Sanger starts handling all its routes....all its pickups and deliveries....and most of all ALL OF ITS SWAPS....you let us know ok. That terminal needs to feed off Dallas to do your heavy lifting. One more thing when your senior drivers start swapping on a regular basis let me know. Most of you have less than 2 years with the company. When you get 15 years then you can be exempt.

It's all about numbers. They do have the same issues Dallas has with keeping employees. Ltl has it's own baggage.
It’s a universal problem.... turnover and baggage! There is a lot of garbage too that needs to be taken out I might add. Good thing you’re pretty close to retirement. It won’t be your problem much longer.

Hey "company plant", how about an update. Haven't heard anything from you since 7/1/19 or so.
the scoop is obviously unavailable but I will say this....they have more than doubled their driver manpower since opening...initially at like 18 drivers and a couple line haul to 45 local drivers.....apparently they are still not certain in Dallas about which routes to put up for bid until Sanger....or corporate decides Sanger can handle Garland.....Dallas still has 35 or 40 swaps a day but later start times for many drivers in Dallas force them to handle the swaps so they can make a living or at least get 9 or 10 hours a day. Sanger would be the perfect location for guys with 5 plus years with R+L to transfer to. All new equipment....new lift gate trailers,,,,but it is a peddle run delivery terminal so that is something to consider. The company has ALWAYS treated me well so I can't really say anything bad about my time here....and I am no rookie. I think R+L has done the right thing by hiring extra drivers which gives them the flexibility to handle those special needs customers looking for a preferred carrier. It will all work out.

Reactions: IMO
As I can see I’ve been missed!! SGR is rolling along with plenty of P&D drivers all getting a good days work! Line haul drivers are supporting by taking care of swaps. Still issues with 2nd and 3rd shift and the delay of freight getting out. Driving staff seem solid with one exception ( I hear termination) dock staff not so much with too many call ins and teams being stretched to their limits.
Rumor has it Garland will be full go out of the SGR terminal by the end of August. Ron E currently only giving them control of Valspar and AER on a trial period until their performance is justified...
Back soon!

As I can see I’ve been missed!! SGR is rolling along with plenty of P&D drivers all getting a good days work! Line haul drivers are supporting by taking care of swaps. Still issues with 2nd and 3rd shift and the delay of freight getting out. Driving staff seem solid with one exception ( I hear termination) dock staff not so much with too many call ins and teams being stretched to their limits.
Rumor has it Garland will be full go out of the SGR terminal by the end of August. Ron E currently only giving them control of Valspar and AER on a trial period until their performance is justified...
Back soon!
AER?

SWL3XLe.jpg

They one of those idiot outfits that sets up engine core pickups and are too stupid to send the shipper a BOL half the time.
It’s not that way here in Texas. At SAIA they could have 20-30 shipments daily going all over the U.S. all in a row waiting to be signed. In most cases they already have pro labels on them. They are completely rebuilt engines that look brand new. Mostly for Ford ... lots of powerstroke diesels and V-8’s going to mostly dealerships. These are OEM Ford certified engines and this is a huge account for R+L. AER is Fords certified engine rebuilder and they are a huge company. Trust me! R+L doesn’t want to screw this account up. They are a money maker.

Last edited:
It’s not that way here in Texas. They could have 20-30 shipments daily going all over the U.S. all in a row waiting to be signed. In most cases they already have pro labels on them. They are completely rebuilt engines that look brand new. Mostly for Ford ... lots of powerstroke diesels and V-8’s going to mostly dealerships. These are OEM Ford certified engines and this is a huge account for R+L.
Right, but after we drop the new shiny engine, we end up going back to the same place to pick up the pod with the core in it (if we're lucky it's a pod a lot of times the tape the core to the pallet or some silliness like that) and the shop or residential invariably do not have a BOL or labels or have left oil in the core . Giant PITA overall . Might be a big account but that doesn't make it a good one necessarily .

Right, but after we drop the new shiny engine, we end up going back to the same place to pick up the pod with the core in it (if we're lucky it's a pod a lot of times the tape the core to the pallet or some silliness like that) and the shop or residential invariably do not have a BOL or labels or have left oil in the core . Giant PITA overall . Might be a big account but that doesn't make it a good one necessarily .
Yep, that’s the down side. It’s a lot like Jasper engine here in Texas. Can be a real pain in the ass at times but the multiple shipments make it a prime customer in LTL.

Last edited:
“Duh, what’s a bill of lading”?

Back soon!
Ron E?

Or better yet... “bill of LANDING, What is that?” Or, even better yet, when they don’t have it... “what? what are you here for? where is it going? How can your company send you to pick something up if you don’t know where it’s going???”
Still to this day, the best one ive heard from many customers is" what are you picking up?" Its your freight, you tell me?