R&L | New Terminal In Sanger Texas.

Whoever it is, is one strange cat. There are not many "lower level" people in this industry that speak, or in this case, write like that. Some outta touch suit it was he sounds like to me. Maybe a great guy at the top, but down here? Having a tough time fitting in. Not working for him very well....:hilarious:. Or, the goofiest guy in Texas works at R+L.:hilarious: Kinda odd though.

SGR still as bad as people make out??? From what I am hearing definitely not! DLS terminal letting them down with continued late line haul arrivals delaying P+D in the mornings! Also delays late at night with SGR drivers sitting around the DLS terminal waiting to be turned around. The line haul dispatch personnel has been changed in SGR and as a result operations seem to be running smoother. The basic mistakes that were being made closer to the terminal opening have been reduced, obviously with some learning and development still to be made. 6 new drivers are on their way and SGR will be given the full territory expected of them on opening!

SGR still as bad as people make out??? From what I am hearing definitely not! DLS terminal letting them down with continued late line haul arrivals delaying P+D in the mornings! Also delays late at night with SGR drivers sitting around the DLS terminal waiting to be turned around. The line haul dispatch personnel has been changed in SGR and as a result operations seem to be running smoother. The basic mistakes that were being made closer to the terminal opening have been reduced, obviously with some learning and development still to be made. 6 new drivers are on their way and SGR will be given the full territory expected of them on opening!
I understand you still haven't taken Garland. You have 45 drivers. I'm fine just doing what I do. Sanger didn't affect me personally. You've got all new trucks. Lots of new trailers. Next thing you'll be telling us no terminations or people quitting right? With all those country routes there WILL be turnover. Eventually all those guys promised Dallas positions will quit to go to an LTL company here in DFW. I give Sanger until let's say April and those guys who live here will be changing jobs. You know that and so do we. Then you'll be blaming Dallas again because you're losing drivers. We just can't win down here. Can we.

I understand you still haven't taken Garland. You have 45 drivers. I'm fine just doing what I do. Sanger didn't affect me personally. You've got all new trucks. Lots of new trailers. Next thing you'll be telling us no terminations or people quitting right? With all those country routes there WILL be turnover. Eventually all those guys promised Dallas positions will quit to go to an LTL company here in DFW. I give Sanger until let's say April and those guys who live here will be changing jobs. You know that and so do we. Then you'll be blaming Dallas again because you're losing drivers. We just can't win down here. Can we.
Country routes leads to turnover?

Country routes leads to turnover?
what I am leading to is the obvious....company promised most of the forced drivers to go up to sanger if they wanted a job with R&L they had to start there and the company would transfer them down asap. That's obviously not happening. I,,,,,,don't care. I have enough time that I'm not going anywhere. I don't like the blame Dallas game this whoever slug keeps referring to. I know exactly whats going on in Sanger. They treat people with respect although they do have their screwoffs and it's the one pointing the fingers at the other ones....know who I mean? Country routes I'm talking about are the peddle routes. running wild creates other issues. Bringing a road driver in to P&D is a no win game. and Sanger really doesn't have a line haul bonanza. Dallas on the whole has been 25 men short for several years. They brought in morons to try to change the dynamic but Barry and Jeff hid all the problems. Mike from Milwaukee had no idea what Barry and JEFF left him. Barry and Jeff were misfits brought in to scare the drivers and dock guys in to working. didn't happen. They had their own favs who screwed them. Dallas is covering ALL their pickups AND deliveries on a daily basis. Give them the manpower and they get it done. You've overmanned Sanger by a huge allotment and things are still being missed. I don't stress on it....I deal with it. Things are much better in Dallas.

what I am leading to is the obvious....company promised most of the forced drivers to go up to sanger if they wanted a job with R&L they had to start there and the company would transfer them down asap. That's obviously not happening. I,,,,,,don't care. I have enough time that I'm not going anywhere. I don't like the blame Dallas game this whoever slug keeps referring to. I know exactly whats going on in Sanger. They treat people with respect although they do have their screwoffs and it's the one pointing the fingers at the other ones....know who I mean? Country routes I'm talking about are the peddle routes. running wild creates other issues. Bringing a road driver in to P&D is a no win game. and Sanger really doesn't have a line haul bonanza. Dallas on the whole has been 25 men short for several years. They brought in morons to try to change the dynamic but Barry and Jeff hid all the problems. Mike from Milwaukee had no idea what Barry and JEFF left him. Barry and Jeff were misfits brought in to scare the drivers and dock guys in to working. didn't happen. They had their own favs who screwed them. Dallas is covering ALL their pickups AND deliveries on a daily basis. Give them the manpower and they get it done. You've overmanned Sanger by a huge allotment and things are still being missed. I don't stress on it....I deal with it. Things are much better in Dallas.
Damn, that’s well said. As usual you’re spot on.

Reckon I’m a rare bird then. I come off nights to take a “country” run with a heluva lot of runnin. It was a shock. Took a coupla years, but I got used to it eventually.

Hearing it has been a relatively smooth transition for SGR in taking over Richardson and Garland? The two terminals working in unison seems to be the problem now? With freight being shuttled to either terminal and running back past the terminal it departed from later the same day?!?! 6 months in baby steps!

Hearing it has been a relatively smooth transition for SGR in taking over Richardson and Garland? The two terminals working in unison seems to be the problem now? With freight being shuttled to either terminal and running back past the terminal it departed from later the same day?!?! 6 months in baby steps!
My BOY says Garland will give them a serious beating. Communication has never been R&L’s strong suit. So no surprise there. Baby steps is a good description. Bravo!

I realize 99.9% of you are not familiar with the Dallas terminal nor where Sanger is. Mr know it all Ron has literally one man showed this new terminal into existence. Middle of no where. No freight base. Nothing. Reminds me of the Wichita Ks facility. 150 doors in Sanger. Unable to suitably service anything other than Denton and Lewisville. Brand new equipment tractors and lift gate trailers. But they can't find drivers. Thought they could intimidate men in to forced transfers but that has fallen through. 65 miles north of Dallas terminal. Opens April 29th. Anyone interested in living in the middle of nowhere please apply. Good location for guys with no driving experience. Good luck.
Ok. Sanger. Well they have filled the void on drivers. And as I said in the beginning took a majority of the Dallas terminals best accounts to justify opening that terminal. Logistically Dallas had it handled. The company had to hire people to fill the void. I don't stay in touch with any of the guys who transferred. I will say this..... They needed another terminal as Dallas just had way to much to cover. Now we are able to service the customer's properly. I applauded R+L opening Temple Texas. Sanger I think we all pretty much laugh at. Only serves as an overflow peddle run facility.

Sanger rolling along nicely! Carrollton, Garland and Richardson finally getting serviced correctly! DLS had drivers sitting for hours on end at locations waiting for work and over servicing accounts! Freight still not getting to SGR on time and holding drivers up in their terminal In DLS for hours. If ::shit:: hits the fan SGR
will always be at fault DLS treating them like their younger brother! Operations Manager definitely needed at the terminal though seems like a lot of small details are not being corrected and managed and combined are slowing down progress and efficiency of terminal processes. Training at R+L is severely lacking and SGR staff are finally catching up with where they should have been when the brand new terminal opened

Sanger rolling along nicely! Carrollton, Garland and Richardson finally getting serviced correctly! DLS had drivers sitting for hours on end at locations waiting for work and over servicing accounts! Freight still not getting to SGR on time and holding drivers up in their terminal In DLS for hours. If :::shit::: hits the fan SGR
will always be at fault DLS treating them like their younger brother! Operations Manager definitely needed at the terminal though seems like a lot of small details are not being corrected and managed and combined are slowing down progress and efficiency of terminal processes. Training at R+L is severely lacking and SGR staff are finally catching up with where they should have been when the brand new terminal opened
Let's get one thing straight....Sanger doesn't have any rules....as far as handling your business in Carrolton and Garland you have lost a couple huge accounts...huge. That being said I am fine with what is. You're still a satellite terminal that needed Dallas's major area to justify your being open. Had Dallas had enough drivers before it would have been handled. Your terminal manger is on the rocks because so much IS NOT getting done. All those new trucks and trailers and still can't hang on to drivers. Nothing new. Don't sweat it though. It's R+L.