Estes | New terminals or expansion

Bigtea2k4

TB Lurker
Credits
Besides the new Chicago and Dallas terminals, did anyone hear about any new terminals being built or any terminals being expanded?

I heard the new terminal in Dallas is just temporary, and that Estes is looking for land to actually build a new terminal from the ground up.

So in theory you have Ft. Worth, Newly built terminal somwhere in DFW, and the current Dallas terminal on singleton. But who knows.

Someone could have made all that up and I'm a sucker repeating ir.

Heard Knoxville will be moving again.

Nashville is adding a bunch of doors.

Kokomo Indiana opened a few months ago.

Memphis sold the old Kazazza terminal and bought a property adjacent to the current Shelby Dr terminal. Supposedly Level 2 will operate out of there but it's so big I wouldn't be surprised if they joined the lots and moved the whole P&D operation over there too.

I hear Savannah, GA is looking to be moved and also that the airport across the street from the Raleigh, NC terminal was interested in buying the land the terminal is on to extend a runway. Both of those locations could stand some major improvement over the current conditions.

Chicopee Ma (Springfield) is moving back to its old location after purchasing the building you guys used to lease from XPO. Serious renovation going on there for quite a while now.

Chicopee Ma (Springfield) is moving back to its old location after purchasing the building you guys used to lease from XPO. Serious renovation going on there for quite a while now.

Yea I heard something like. Where was the old building at? I barely up to Mass area

I work at XPO next door. I’m sure the new place is bigger, I think 100 doors, though I’m not familiar with their current terminal. I know it’s about ten minutes away. I’d say they need more space and based on all the activity, they are expanding. The address is New Lombard Rd Chicopee if you want to see the size. I heard you’d be moving in in the first quarter, so soon.

I work at XPO next door. I’m sure the new place is bigger, I think 100 doors, though I’m not familiar with their current terminal. I know it’s about ten minutes away. I’d say they need more space and based on all the activity, they are expanding. The address is New Lombard Rd Chicopee if you want to see the size. I heard you’d be moving in in the first quarter, so soon.

Yea I looked at it on the map and the current terminal is really small and if the move to this new location it would be double the size or bigger. From the map view the current terminal yard is really small too

I heard the new terminal in Dallas is just temporary, and that Estes is looking for land to actually build a new terminal from the ground up.

So in theory you have Ft. Worth, Newly built terminal somwhere in DFW, and the current Dallas terminal on singleton. But who knows.

Someone could have made all that up and I'm a sucker repeating ir.

Fort worth was old fedex terminal

They just added a new terminal outside of Dallas.
New one almost done in Chicago
In process of buying 40 acres in Savannah. Will be building a 80-100 door terminal there.
Asheville, NC will be moving or building very soon.
Orlando, FL will be moving soon
Augusta, GA is expanding by adding more doors and expanding the yard space and adding fuel.

Yea I looked at it on the map and the current terminal is really small and if the move to this new location it would be double the size or bigger. From the map view the current terminal yard is really small too
Chicopee actually utilizes two facilities right now. The terminal itself, as well as the adjacent terminal which is used for shop and yard space. Land Air Express of New England is on the other side.

I imagine if it's growing/moving, it's to accomodate growth in freight to and from Montreal. I was told my last time down there that they were reopening the adjacent terminal to move the office back over there. Prior to that, the terminal was unused, just the "main" one because it was bigger.

Chicopee actually utilizes two facilities right now. The terminal itself, as well as the adjacent terminal which is used for shop and yard space. Land Air Express of New England is on the other side.

I imagine if it's growing/moving, it's to accomodate growth in freight to and from Montreal. I was told my last time down there that they were reopening the adjacent terminal to move the office back over there. Prior to that, the terminal was unused, just the "main" one because it was bigger.

Too bad they can’t connect both locations without going into the street.

That terminal has so freight moving in and out and being a hub terminal that they don’t have fuel pumps

Too bad they can’t connect both locations without going into the street.

That terminal has so freight moving in and out and being a hub terminal that they don’t have fuel pumps
Place can be a madhouse if you show up at the right time. Hard to find a place to park my sleeper when I was there to switch out Montreal freight. I usually preferred to stay in the drop yard if I could help it.

Place can be a madhouse if you show up at the right time. Hard to find a place to park my sleeper when I was there to switch out Montreal freight. I usually preferred to stay in the drop yard if I could help it.

I’m heading out there today for my 10 hour break. Hopefully I don’t get stuck up there with this storm coming. Cause I can see PA banning doubles travel again. I’ll pray for a 53ft lol

I’m heading out there today for my 10 hour break. Hopefully I don’t get stuck up there with this storm coming. Cause I can see PA banning doubles travel again. I’ll pray for a 53ft lol
I only ever pulled vans. Speedy and Estes couldn't seem to agree on running the doubles, though there was discussion about the subject.

I didn't care, I ran doubles for 5 years at FedEx.