ODFL | New terminals

I'm not sure if this really has anything to do with Scranton's performance. There's a couple different rumor mills, 1 is that OD bought this property they are calling Tannersville in order to help keep saia out of it. But there are definitely big long-term plans for that property to make it the new Northeast break bulk. I don't know that territory very well either but it does look like there might have to be some "rezoning." I don't know how soon that is coming online, but it's probably oingg to bring some changes to the system.
it was always a break for Roadway, it was a massive operation there. There ran 24/7 with doubles in and out. The tow yard at the I-80 exit always has some pretty wrecks in it from that stretch of road

V00c9HG.jpg

This is the bldg in Lafeyette In next to the Fedex terminal, if that is the new OD terminal you were talking about

We were asked the other day who wanted to transfer to tannersville from Scranton? They will be closing Scranton and moving it’s operation to tannersville.

Any idea when the new facility would be opening? I’ve heard Walmart’s lease is up in April?

Looks like Albany GA got moved to their new building in LaGrange
Columbus GA, (CBG) not Albany, but really close. Nice place.

I was hoping to transfer but there's no room in the inn due to current conditions.

I've got a photo but it won't post.

This may be a dumb question, but is it typically a good thing overall when a new terminal opens up, even if it's in an area that has multiple terminals in a 100 mile radius? Especially for those furloughed? Or does it depend? My wording isn't so great. It was hard to phrase hah!

Last edited:
This may be a dumb question, but is it typically a good thing overall when a new terminal opens up, even if it's in an area that has multiple terminals in a 100 mile radius? Especially for those furloughed? Or does it depend? My wording isn't so great. It was hard to phrase hah!
It's good for P&D from what I hear, but for linehaul it's going to be a nightmare in my opinion. If you have a short run with time left over you'll be going to another terminal if they have freight. ATL to ATW (Atlanta to Atlanta West) is only 24 miles and the yard in ATW is a nightmare especially on weekends, not worth it from a mileage standpoint. I've heard we've bought another place in Norcross but don't know for sure.

OLY (olympia Wa) to open sept or oct according to some folks. Sooner the better. The dump they are in now is too small to handle the volume of freight. Was just told by one of their drivers that a driver from PDX (Portland Or.) went to the PDX TM and complained they were parking too many trailers parallel to the dock ( 5 wide) and he felt it was unsafe. Guess J- lord (king of the NW)the PDX TM sent a message to the OLY TM and TOLD him they will not do that anymore. Funny how a terminal manager can tell another TM how to run his operation. Other drivers go in there all the time and have no problems.

Forgive an East coasters lack of West coast knowledge. . I heard there's a new brake bulk in California opening in the middle of August, where's that going to be? Other than that I heard there's about seven other new terminals being added to the network over the next 12 months.

Forgive an East coasters lack of West coast knowledge. . I heard there's a new brake bulk in California opening in the middle of August, where's that going to be? Other than that I heard there's about seven other new terminals being added to the network over the next 12 months.
I'm out on the West coast. It's Irwindale, CA. I heard it got delayed until October but no one really knows as far as I can tell.

As I understand it, it will be a spin off from Los Angeles. Not a break.

It's good for P&D from what I hear, but for linehaul it's going to be a nightmare in my opinion. If you have a short run with time left over you'll be going to another terminal if they have freight. ATL to ATW (Atlanta to Atlanta West) is only 24 miles and the yard in ATW is a nightmare especially on weekends, not worth it from a mileage standpoint. I've heard we've bought another place in Norcross but don't know for sure.
Yes already bought building in Norcross but under lease I think for another year. What our terminal Manager said anyway.