ODFL | New terminals

IRC irwindale showing hiring on OD page , sounds to me open in a month. 600 live oak irwindale look at satellite , really big building

where is the norcross building got an address

Irwindale (IRC) has been open a few weeks already and they're already upside down. Maybe because of new crews,new location,not enough space people or equipment.

But equipment seems to be an issue all over. RTO is short of equipment also. Had to run some P&D drivers down from SAC on Friday to lay down and bob tail home. Apparently they were about to stop picking up freight. It's that bad. Ran guys down yesterday too.

This is crazy. And yet we haven't brought back any of the 4 office people we laid of 5 months ago.

Irwindale (IRC) has been open a few weeks already and they're already upside down. Maybe because of new crews,new location,not enough space people or equipment.

But equipment seems to be an issue all over. RTO is short of equipment also. Had to run some P&D drivers down from SAC on Friday to lay down and bob tail home. Apparently they were about to stop picking up freight. It's that bad. Ran guys down yesterday too.

This is crazy. And yet we haven't brought back any of the 4 office people we laid of 5 months ago.
Yup. Almost all the terminals down here hiring like crazy. They're all short drivers. P&D and linehaul. Dock, office. Etc. I mean.... Good for us as drivers I guess!

I would expect the two new buildings MCG Mcdonough GA and KNC Kernersville, NC will probably now open sooner than was planned due to business levels

Apparently the Santa Rosa deal isn't happening.

Our TM was going to go look at an old YRC terminal in Benicia. It's gotta be a hole. Much like all the terminals in West Sacramento not named OD. But it would take some pressure off of SFC and us in SAC. Obviously that would be awhile off.

TM also told me we're still trying to get more people. Actually made some offers to guys who didn't take the job. Not sure why.

This has been a long term issue in the Bay Area. Now we have it too. We're slammed.

Apparently the Santa Rosa deal isn't happening.

Our TM was going to go look at an old YRC terminal in Benicia. It's gotta be a hole. Much like all the terminals in West Sacramento not named OD. But it would take some pressure off of SFC and us in SAC. Obviously that would be awhile off.

TM also told me we're still trying to get more people. Actually made some offers to guys who didn't take the job. Not sure why.

This has been a long term issue in the Bay Area. Now we have it too. We're slammed.
Maybe the reason it's hard finding people to work is because people dont like working 55 plus hours with no OT.

Is there any company that pays well, gets you home everyday, and doesn't overwork you? Or is that a pipe dream when it comes to trucking?
Unfortunately from what I see it's a dream. They know they pay well, so they know you won't leave. And they take advantage of that. They know it would take a lot for you to walk away. They all pay about the same, just a different color shirt. Local management makes the difference. I chance in leadership locally can ruin a good place.

exactly, and they wonder why no one wants to works at OD. Money's good but no home life.
Actually, lot of people want to work at OD. Depending on where you are the system is slammed and it's up to all of us to help get the freight moving. Our customers pay our bills. Quite frankly 50-55hrs isn't bad in my opinion. I know it's not for everyone, but I have been around long enough to know that if guys get too many hours, they are pissed, too few hours, they are pissed. Can't win...