SAIA | New Terminals

I went by it this morning. Full of equipment and yes- its Huge!

j3manko.jpg

fJMe35S.jpg

Usuallys, Google maps show a current photo of a location but , in this case, the satellite view just shows an empty but under construction lot. Jimmy G's photo's shows a nearly completed terminal. Expand Jimmy G's photos and you can count the doors per segment and there are six segments per side. It's roughly a 180 door terminal and loads of concrete parking. I'm guessing, by its size and by the size of the office building, it's going to be a regional HQ.

Usuallys, Google maps show a current photo of a location but , in this case, the satellite view just shows an empty but under construction lot. Jimmy G's photo's shows a nearly completed terminal. Expand Jimmy G's photos and you can count the doors per segment and there are six segments per side. It's roughly a 180 door terminal and loads of concrete parking. I'm guessing, by its size and by the size of the office building, it's going to be a regional HQ.

Well the tree is crooked!

And low to no freight levels? That outta go over like a fart in church
The Q4 earnings call was interesting in regards to new terminals. BEFORE the pandemic, these new terminals were “expected” to lose money. Many of the new terminals have had very little freight. One can assume they start with national accounts and grow from there.

The Q4 earnings call was interesting in regards to new terminals. BEFORE the pandemic, these new terminals were “expected” to lose money. Many of the new terminals have had very little freight. One can assume they start with national accounts and grow from there.

couldn't have picked a worse year I guess

As a field rep, here is some insight: Northeast terminals are leased from other carriers who closed the barn: NEMF, Fedex, Duie, etc. Equipment was ordered in 2019. NE hit hardest by corona. So it is a cost drag on the company from an OR perpsective but OB revenue is very strong relative to other regions in the company. Other regions have been mandated to sell IB to NE for balance.