Estes | New Toledo supervisor

Ted Decker trk

When things are FUBAR, FIDO!
Credits
Visitor here but I cut my teeth in LTL on the dock with CFCC at the current Estes Angola road terminal. Many fond memories in that facility for me before CFCC went away. Anyways heard there is a new supervisor coming onto the afternoon shift starting sometime next week, at least according to him. All I can tell anyone currently employed there is this guy is not to be trusted. He is a pathological compulsive liar who got terminated from R&L after 3 decades. Best of luck to y’all but watch your back around him

I’ll not air anymore info in this open thread but if anyone wants more detailed info on what to expect or backing for my claim feel free to PM me. Estes was an interline carrier for CFCC back in the day and GI was our non union subsidiary on the west coast and seeing Estes rise out of the ashes of the CFCC/ABF debacle has always fascinated me in case anyone wonders why I bothered to post here

Off topic. Just asked myself last night, wonder how that Ted Decker been since he left ltl. Guess I shoulda played lotto.
Doing well thank you. Still running flatbed for the guy I left R&L for. Best part was my kid wanted to drive and the owner of the company I run for allowed me to put him on the truck with me and train him. He was 18 at the time and is still under 21 so he’s intrastate restricted till next summer. Our customers have plenty of intrastate for him. He passed the test on the second try, he misspoke on the pre trip on the first time and they failed him. Mama prepped him for the written part as he has dyslexia and struggles a bit with that. I taught him the driving and maneuverability part. No school or CDL mill involved. He was with me on the truck for four months and just pass his first year anniversary and the only casualty has been the boss’s mailbox two weeks in. The owner farms and the trucks go to the farm for service, etc. coming in one way it’s an easy turn into the farm drive from the opposite way it’s s bit tight as there is a ditch and the mailbox. Kid got a little overconfident and came in the difficult way and took out the mailbox. I told the boss he ought to take him off direct deposit and back to a paper check and make the kid take his check out of that same box for awhile. So yeah it’s all good. Still like Keeping up with the LTL world but I don’t miss those residential deliveries

Doing well thank you. Still running flatbed for the guy I left R&L for. Best part was my kid wanted to drive and the owner of the company I run for allowed me to put him on the truck with me and train him. He was 18 at the time and is still under 21 so he’s intrastate restricted till next summer. Our customers have plenty of intrastate for him. He passed the test on the second try, he misspoke on the pre trip on the first time and they failed him. Mama prepped him for the written part as he has dyslexia and struggles a bit with that. I taught him the driving and maneuverability part. No school or CDL mill involved. He was with me on the truck for four months and just pass his first year anniversary and the only casualty has been the boss’s mailbox two weeks in. The owner farms and the trucks go to the farm for service, etc. coming in one way it’s an easy turn into the farm drive from the opposite way it’s s bit tight as there is a ditch and the mailbox. Kid got a little overconfident and came in the difficult way and took out the mailbox. I told the boss he ought to take him off direct deposit and back to a paper check and make the kid take his check out of that same box for awhile. So yeah it’s all good. Still like Keeping up with the LTL world but I don’t miss those residential deliveries
Awesome you’re training him! We all have our mishaps early on. Good to hear from you.

What is on the flatbed ?

Visitor here but I cut my teeth in LTL on the dock with CFCC at the current Estes Angola road terminal. Many fond memories in that facility for me before CFCC went away. Anyways heard there is a new supervisor coming onto the afternoon shift starting sometime next week, at least according to him. All I can tell anyone currently employed there is this guy is not to be trusted. He is a pathological compulsive liar who got terminated from R&L after 3 decades. Best of luck to y’all but watch your back around him
Sounds like the typical supervisor/manager in the freight industry, just like an nfl coach. Once they ‘wear out their welcome’ they gather up their ‘jacks & marbles’, and ‘fold up their tent’, and take their circus act on down the road to some other sucker.

Sounds like the typical supervisor/manager in the freight industry, just like an nfl coach. Once they ‘wear out their welcome’ they gather up their ‘jacks & marbles’, and ‘fold up their tent’, and take their circus act on down the road to some other sucker.
Precisely. This guy spent three decades at R&L looking down his nose at the other LTL big names and now is on the outside looking in. Karma exists. I figured he was just going to take early retirement but when I found out where he was going it hit a nerve with me and just seemed the right thing to do to give a heads up to guys who are the backbone of the LTL model, the dockworkers and driver’s