New Penn | New tractors ??

I believe a little while back some one on the Roadway board mentioned that they received some Freightliners already. I have also heard that YRC is now buying Freightliners for the fleet. I thinks they had a lot of problems out of the volvos. But they road pretty good and had plenty of room in the cab too.

35 singles 15 screws in the back yard,screws are longer wheelbase with airslide fith wheels,all volvos batteries out --mothballed till when ever ?

It's just my opinion, with nothing to back it up of course. But I think the problems we are all experiencing with newer trucks has little to do with the actual make of the truck, and more to do with all the BS the OEM's are forced to put on them. Some of it can also be traced to how they are driven and cared for by those who drive them. Like I said...just my opinion.

35 singles 15 screws in the back yard,screws are longer wheelbase with airslide fith wheels,all volvos batteries out --mothballed till when ever ?

Now don't jump all over me if I am incorrect .... but on my last walk into the back of the Dunmore yard, I saw some new Volvos, a few single axles and the rest screws ... however the large majority of equipment behind the shop were the old RETIRED tractors, mostly 700 series units. My guess that about 45 to 50 were the old tractors that were retired as the new Volvos came on line.
On my next trip though Dunmore, I will walk back there again to confirm that only a small number of the tractors are the new units.

Now don't jump all over me if I am incorrect .... but on my last walk into the back of the Dunmore yard, I saw some new Volvos, a few single axles and the rest screws ... however the large majority of equipment behind the shop were the old RETIRED tractors, mostly 700 series units. My guess that about 45 to 50 were the old tractors that were retired as the new Volvos came on line.
On my next trip though Dunmore, I will walk back there again to confirm that only a small number of the tractors are the new units.
I counted them friday night ! The screws are long wheelbase with sliding fith wheels ! Was there 2 hours . FUNNY THING the dipatchers hair has turned dark and also not curly anymore the 10% must cut into his BEAUTY PARLOR FUND !!!!:flame:

I counted them friday night ! The screws are long wheelbase with sliding fith wheels ! Was there 2 hours . FUNNY THING the dipatchers hair has turned dark and also not curly anymore the 10% must cut into his BEAUTY PARLOR FUND !!!!:flame:

CashCow we have also got new Volvo's in since the first of Jan. None of them have been put into service. At all of the terminals that have gotten some they are still in the same condition as when they arrived. (shield still not attached).

Also look at the Volvo's they will have no trailer brake handle on the dash and also a button to drop the trailer(undue fifth wheel) on dash). This is how they YRC has ordered them for us the last 2 yrs.

Is the yard still stacked with the old retired 700 series tractors too ?

holland has new volvos parked also, wonder what yrc is up to now

Most likely waiting for their finance to go thru so if anything goes wrong they would still be considered new.and if you look around really no need for more tractors till things pick up...

Most likely waiting for their finance to go thru so if anything goes wrong they would still be considered new.and if you look around really no need for more tractors till things pick up...

Maybe they are leased units (like most of the newer Yellow equipment) and the leasing company is holding them from being put into service..........like someone said, waiting for something?

OR....maybe they are just pre-buys to be ahead of the crap that the trucking industry will be facing with the 2010 emission requirements.

ANYBODY ? Got an idea if they are gonna start using those new trucks volvos- and also a bunch of cascadia frgt liners spotted someware ?

ANYBODY ? Got an idea if they are gonna start using those new trucks Volvo's- and also a bunch of cascadia frgt liners spotted someware ?

I saw a New Penn making a stop a a hard ware store across the river from Harrisburg Pa this morning and he had a new Volvo. It had road salt on it but am sure it was new.

I saw a New Penn making a stop a a hard ware store across the river from Harrisburg Pa this morning and he had a new Volvo. It had road salt on it but am sure it was new.

Plenty of new equipment in the system, less then 100k on many units. Camp Hill has by far the most Volvos, so seeing one in that area wouldn't be anything unusual.

Hey Guys, Had a new Volvo here in Northern Mi. Holland Terminal. We were told they were not going to prep it and we could not use it. Well YRC out of Detroit came and picked it up yesterday! :wtflol:?

Hey Guys, Had a new Volvo here in Northern Mi. Holland Terminal. We were told they were not going to prep it and we could not use it. Well YRC out of Detroit came and picked it up yesterday! WTF?

That is because it will be a YRC logoed truck. Just look at the newer (all orange) USF equipment.........all part of the "master plan" of YRC.