New Penn | New tractors ??

That's funny you said that. I seen a brand new Volvo at YRC's Carlisle terminal with a Yellow logo (not YRC). I was looking at it and one of the Mechanics said it use to be one of Holland's trucks. It had about 600-700 miles on it. That was on 3/11.:popcorn:

look and see whose name is on the registration?

was in scranton just last friday night, so took a walk to see the mighty green machines just itch'n to tear up the northeast. from what i could see ,mighty dark back there, they were set up like all other npme trucks, one seaters, tin can in back for glad hands, looked like computer stand set up was the same. maybe 15 screws, rest single axels. but like a dumb s%$t i forgot to check about plates,guess we'll have to take cashcows word on the no plates yet. other than that,they all seemed like the were ready to go.

I hear YRC can't get the titles for them, also having trouble getting titles for the junk they are selling-Thats why the 900 series is back in service.

why would they need the titles to put them in service? am i missing something here? you don't see the title till it's 100% pay-off, lender ussually holds title,even in a leaseing situation. as for the junk, they should have been paid off yrs ago,titles go to banks as yrcw colateral? the worth of those internationals with 700,000 or more miles on them can't be worth that much money in the yrcw "we need cash to survive"deal. heard even when they can sell to out of country places they don't even want cornbinders at any price.

Titles and placing units in service have nothing to do with anything. Those tractors would never have been released to the company without those financial issues being resolved anyway.
Can you say ...."another rumor" !

Tm says new stuff goes into service May 1st.
Thats good to here we need to get rid of some of the old junk we have one of the old mack screws up here in buffalo the hole back part of the cab is rotting out .The line hall guys must love to take that down the road when they have to switch.

you guys will be getting orange and white trucks with a gallon of green paint in each floorboard.
Kinda reminds me of the old Redstar new truck days:duh:old green penske tractors with 500,000 on them and came with a pint of orange and white.:popcorn:

you guys will be getting orange and white trucks with a gallon of green paint in each floorboard.

Guess you don't about New Penn. We have a line of brand new trucks waiting to go into service, most of the fleet is in very good shape with many new units going on line within the past two years. If it's orange and white, YRC can send them back to the mid-west for you to use.
Not to mention, New Penn repairs body damaged tractors. We have plenty of green paint in stock !

I dont no what yrc is up too but i no they have been having alot of trouble with the regen on the new volvos we had 5 trucks this last week they had send over to service because of high soot levels in the regen.

have to wonder if soot levels problem would go away if they would stop turning back speed. setting for 63 when they were built to run

have to wonder if soot levels problem would go away if they would stop turning back speed. setting for 63 when they were built to run
That might help but i think the problem is they are not set up for city .Low speed and rpm are most likley the problem with these tractors like you said they were built to run.