Averitt | New Trailers in Nashville

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
Was in Nashville on Monday...Lo and Behold I spoted a NEW TRAILER:bananapartyhat:
jrehqs.jpg

It is a swing door,has the new sytle door locking handles:clapping:
21e24oi.jpg

Tire inflating system:19:
348k41f.jpg

NOW FOR THE REAL IMPORTANT THING:duh:
108bh2a.jpg

15owfpx.jpg

:17113:Are you kidding me....WTF buy new trailers with nice things,then put springs under them!
Went into the shop asked about them..I was told they wil be in service,when they put the underside fairings on them. I then asked about the spring ride..I was told ..when asked about it,the customers did'nt care either way. I guess we don't care that frieght will be all over the trailer,auto parts racks or beer loads will be laid over,never fiquired that spring rides are going to be hard on MY back. Obvisouly those who purchace,never think about DRIVER INPUT,or haver NEVER had to pull a spring ride trl!!!!!!!!

My sentiment stands. Zero fun in this business. The powers that be could give a damn less. They don't have to take the beating. More reasons why most of the employees don't give a damn about the company anymore. I know that's the case at my barn.

I was under the impression 9000 series TL trailers were being pulled out of circulation, but that didn't stop CIN from loading up 9800. Too impatient for an empty rollup, I suppose. Fortunately it broke coming away from the dock and not out on the highway.
2013-07-04150224_zpse5a2ecc8.jpg

I was under the impression 9000 series TL trailers were being pulled out of circulation, but that didn't stop CIN from loading up 9800. Too impatient for an empty rollup, I suppose. Fortunately it broke coming away from the dock and not out on the highway.
2013-07-04150224_zpse5a2ecc8.jpg
Yes.... all the R trls, 63xxxx, and the remaining 8xxx and 9xxx trailers now belong to LTL....of course it doesn't matter to LTL...they hook and load to ANYTHING they want. The sleeper
shuttle drivers HATE pulling the old stuff.. but it's ok for T/L to pull them on LTL's..That's why the smaller serctrs are stuck with a abundance of the old CRAP....Cin is FAMOUS for NOT KNOWING how to PROPERLY load a trl....You can count on every trl to be NOSE heavy.

Has ANYONE ever observe a YARD DOG actually look at a trl before hooking to it prior to loading or pulling from the dock? Ever see one actually hook up the power cord at night so it had lights on the trl.

Did that trailer crack due to overloading? And yea right jeepman, that would kill production.. The driver can do that, and when something is wrong the freight has to get swung to another trailer...common sense is condition 2- does not apply

The sleeper shuttle drivers HATE pulling the old stuff.
I don't think they are the only ones. Pulling this worn out equipment is dangerous. A lot of them dog-leg like crazy and forget sliding the tandems. Throw them on the same trash heap has the DuraStar city trucks.

Pulled a 40200 lb load from Fla to SC this week......Rode like a bucking bronco.....Keep your "STATE OF THE ART" SPRING RIDE trailers.....I'm good with the 10xxx-1316x AIRRIDE trailers!

I was in GBO yesterday afternoon, waiting to pick up a GBO-FEC/JAX shuttle load...saw the new issue of Pravada...they were hyping the new trailers as state of the art....yadayadayada! One thing he forgot to mention was.......they are SPRING RIDE.....STATE THE ART 1940's....ANYONE REMEMBER THE 81XX,82XX AND EARLY 83XX SWING DOORS? Did'nt you just love the part of opening the rear doors and having freight fall on you or having the freight strewn all over the trl floor!:hysterical:

Yeah, now you see why I call it the Pravda. Propaganda from front to back.

I have pulled one of these trailers and you are right. Rides like a bucking horse. But they have that pretty little sticker on the back begging drivers to apply!

Nobody wants to come to work for this cheapo outfit and they are desperate. Look at the lease drivers and lease equipment around the system and that is all that you need to explain the situation. Burger flippers are lining up to apply, hence why the trailers and equipment is torn to hell and back. This is why I keep going back...to see what goofy crap will happen next. :couch:

At the FEC/JAX rail yard today....Brand NEW T/L trailers there....good way for them to get banged up!

Yea I pulled one of those "State of the Art" trailers 500 miles...it beat the hell out of me I had back pain I haven't felt in years...

Yea I pulled one of those "State of the Art" trailers 500 miles...it beat the hell out of me I had back pain I haven't felt in years...
I pulled one from MFS to ORL, then up to Reddick Fla, loaded a KITTY LITTER load for Dollar General Jonesville SC. Could not wait to get rid of it, just LOVED that little snap you got when going down a road with potholes or uneven pavement. Pulled into CLM afterwards, one of the NEWBIES couldn't wait to back under it......HAVE AT IT KIDS! Just in case you did not know....it is a IMMEADIATE out of service at a scale house of there is a cracked spring, or a indication of loose spring movement. Just goes to show what you get when MAINTENACE people order equipment.....What's next, 24" sleepers, spring ride tractors, TAG axles, steel wheels on the front axles of the sleeper truck's,no engine brakes,no radios in the trucks,58 mph road speed, no APU's.........

.What's next, 24" sleepers, spring ride tractors, TAG axles, steel wheels on the front axles of the sleeper truck's,no engine brakes,no radios in the trucks,58 mph road speed, no APU's.........
And the list gets longer!

And yes, to those of you playing the home game, we do always ***** about things because these things lend themselves to be bitched about. Live in your little Andy Averitt dream world while the rest of us live in reality.

BUT LTL you don't get it...those real smart college guys sitting in their air conditioned office in Cookville crunching the numbers did a great job saving money...they must be patting themselves on the back...Just think cheaper trailers and they don't have to be bothered pulling them...