Averitt | New Trailers in Nashville

Today I was blessed with 639399 on a LTL from Ful-Orl...You would think with ALL the trls at FUL they could have found something a bit NEWER to send out on the road. Could it be that the LTL side of the house is sending the OLDER stuff out in the system and keeping the NEW stuff locally......NAW THAT WOULDN'T HAPPEN.....WOULD IT?
When I was in Cookeville last week I saw that the NEW Vanguards are for hauling special loads ...like what we do for the music industry!

A trailer is a trailer is a trailer. There are basically four types of trailers here, in service one and out of service ones, empties and loaded. Not trying to sound snark but when i worked the dock, we loaded anything that is in service regardless of number.

A trailer is a trailer is a trailer. There are basically four types of trailers here, in service one and out of service ones, empties and loaded. Not trying to sound snark but when i worked the dock, we loaded anything that is in service regardless of number.

Except for the fact TL can not use LTL trailers for TL loads...

When you get a 40k plus load....sliding the axles on one of those old worn out 88xx,63xxxx or 9xxx trl is a TOTAL PAIN IN THE AZZ. When LTL loads a old beater destined to another serctr,probably little thought is given to the poor schmoe on the other that has to deal with it. the 8xxx,9xxx,63xxx and the 10500's and under belong to ltl. Use them to store racks,pallets,carboard and freight...instead of using the 10501 and up T/L truckload trls. We need those road trailers for us to do OUR JOBS....oh wait.... the LTL side of the house could care less. It's funny to see shuttle and Landstar leave a serctr with a newer MT T/L trl vs one of the mt 8,9 or 63 trl's....their thinking probably is.....leave them for truckload to pull.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just stating a fact that the dock has a job to load, we must deadline a trailer whenever we see fit, we have the power to do so. I have dead lined many trailers for various reasons.

Not unusual to see half a dozen high number, empty swing doors at the NAS dock while twenty empty rollups sit in the yard, but it's like pulling teeth for a TL driver to get a trailer he needs.

With two yard jocks on duty, swapping them out should be a simple matter but there is always some lame excuse about the trailers being entered into the system and there is no way to make the change. Like making a few keystrokes on the computer is such an unsurmountable task.

I think they do it for spite.

I think there is a UNOFFICIAL plan at some serctr's to snag onto the late model T/L trl's to use on shuttle freight, leaving the newer 536xxx.537xxx,538xxx and the 5405xx trl's for local use. You would not believe the amount of 63xxxx trls out in the system. Mt 8xxx and 9xxx trls just sit there, T/L customers don't want them to be used to load their freight on, we are told not to use them. When you are out at the end of the system, you really do not have a choice....heck I've even hooked on to the best rollup I can find to get loads picked up and delivered. What really gets me is the vast amount of MT late model T/L trailers sitting at customers that we only pull 5-7 loads a day out of.....one customer in Crossville Tn had 14 mt's out back, not counting what was sitting in the docks.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just stating a fact that the dock has a job to load, we must deadline a trailer whenever we see fit, we have the power to do so. I have dead lined many trailers for various reasons.
Would be nice if the yard guys would hook up the power cords to make sure the ABS systems and the lights work.......been having a lot of those lately!

I pulled a TL trailer this morning that had the wings on it...13xxxx with 26k. Give me an 8xxx or 9xxx trailer ANY day of the week. Felt like I was pulling a trailer with square wheels. Again, I congratulate Kookville and their merry little clan of pencil pushers for this blatant stupidity of buying these non-airride trailers.

The majority of new trailers are being kept local when they arrive from a LTL load. They try not to send them back through the system if they can avoid it

Wondee how long vefore Little Dick and his "wizards of smart" change to spring ride tractors because it saves $3. That's the AE way...spend a hundred to save 1.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

You guys are giving these front line leaders and yard dogs way to much credit. They could care less what number is on a trailer. They have lanes that they run swing doors if possible. Grab one and put it in the door, that's all the thought that goes into it.