Averitt | New Trailers in Nashville

BUT LTL you don't get it...those real smart college guys sitting in their air conditioned office in Cookville crunching the numbers did a great job saving money...they must be patting themselves on the back...Just think cheaper trailers and they don't have to be bothered pulling them...
You can bet the farm, those people who spec'ed and ordered the new equipment have never pulled a load in their life, never had to pull Saluda NC at 15MPH ,with a 40k load, trying not to get run over, never had to drive a 63mph foot feed /65mph cruise mph truck....effin UNSAFE!.....Never had to pull into a cust and explain why the freight is all over the place.....never had to stand in the RAIN trying to get those STATE OF THE ART door handles to latch.

Nor did they have to run down the highways and biways of Texas in a 63 mph foot feed.65 mph cruise where most all interstates and even the back roads have posted 75 mph speed limits. However, get passed by anyonoe on these highways because we are going so slow and the passer kicks up a rock and you get a chip in your window, they didn't have to fill out the stupid accident report for a non-accident.

We work for and with a bunch of circus clowns.

Sounds like its time to go to another company........ohhh wait they are all the same......we got a bunch of new volvos last year at ups freight, no power windows, no power mirrors, no power NOTHING. and seats that are just horrible.

Now I love my 2013 Volvo daycabber, power mirrows but manual windows and sits as good as my recliner, but each company specs them different.

I have all of that in my freightshaker. However, upsf makes the big bucks. If I was making that kind of money (and I could have been) sitting on a milk crate would be fine by me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Now come on......500 new swings and 500 new rollups.....STATE OF THE ART.....Should have bought 495 of each with AIR RIDE, then they would have had 495 GREAT swings and 495 GREAT rollups......that were STATE OF THE ART.....Those spring ride's are A$$ and back busters....not to mention freight busters!

Sounds like its time to go to another company........ohhh wait they are all the same......we got a bunch of new volvos last year at ups freight, no power windows, no power mirrors, no power NOTHING. and seats that are just horrible.

Quanity not quality....My new Prostar has many nice things, along with many things that SUCK. The controls and drivers seats are nice, and the mirrors don't cloud up with water when it rains.

I am astonished that the few true truckers there are at corp could not convince the suits how FREEKING STUPID that decision was...a billion dollar company buys 50 year old technology to save a few bucks...if I had to pull a spring trailer every day I would be on disability in no time...

We are being told that we need to pull the NEW Spring rides, because of the increased fuel mileage we would get with the side fairings. If I have a CHOICE, it's going to be a AIR ride EVERY time!

Well we all know that our corporate cronies are not very bright. The same logic applies to the 65 mph after we were told several years ago that having the trucks at 68 mph "has no negative effect on fuel mileage". This was back before they got all of these highly computerized 7mpg plus tractors. Oh, silly me...I forgot...Averitt has bought in to the "Going Green" nonsense and as a result, all of us minions are now saving the planet. I got it!

Saw These in Nashville this week

While I was in Nashville this week, I saw these being delivered, about 20 while I was sitting there. Then I saw these new Vanguard Swings being delivered....I wonder what the deal is with them...Nice trls ,Airride suspensions, extra logistic posts inside for strapping in a load, maybe they got a deal on them......Many new Racers up on the hill behind the shop!
ct6bl.jpg

2euhhcg.jpg

ae9xeu.jpg

b8sq5z.jpg

Having pulled the new 54xxxx trailers both loaded and light, I will have to say they ride like crap with that spring ride. Great move Neal St.

Ever since the system has become flooded with new roll door trailers, it seems that all I pull up and down the road is swing door truckload trailers. WTH is up with that?

It was my understanding LTL is not suppose to pull TL trailers…I have even seen signs in svc's stating as much…but considering the LTL side of Averitt treats TL as the B**tard step child I understand...