ABF | New Trucks

gravytrain1

ABF Road Driver
Credits
New freight liners. Been looking at this big black think in the window. Takes up a lot of drivers view.it is called the Detroit assurance 5.0. Self. Driving computer with inward facing cameras ,out as well.looking at the drivers. They are not covered and looking at the drivers.contract violation. Are the inward cameras on ,why are they not covered.any information on this !!!

New freight liners. Been looking at this big black think in the window. Takes up a lot of drivers view.it is called the Detroit assurance 5.0. Self. Driving computer with inward facing cameras ,out as well.looking at the drivers. They are not covered and looking at the drivers.contract violation. Are the inward cameras on ,why are they not covered.any information on this !!!
They are absolutely not driver facing cameras. Take a picture and show us the lense because there isn’t one. I’ve driven at least 20 of them none of them have an inward facing camera.

He might be mistaken about the camera.........Or, maybe even ...mislead. I wouldn't put it past an unscrupulous person to.....lie....to the employee and tell him it's a camera facing inward.

Enough of those type of .....lies.....get out there, and the company eventually has the "Oh, Well..." effect....

"Oh, Well,....those "cameras" have been there for a while,....I guess I have no objections......"

Driver-facing cameras have NOT been negotiated by the IBT. It is a new contract condition,....and their use MUST be negotiated.
Ernie and Company have been in "talks" with management over Driver-Facing cameras for,......oh,....say........going on,....what,....a year now?

In the meantime,.......I recommend every driver sign an individual letter stating the company DOES NOT have your permission to "view, use, or own" your PRIVATE image. As facial recognition is going to be a VERY BIG security concern in the very near future, I would recommend a pro-active stance in denying your employer the ability to...."collect"....your facial image.

Companies sell information they collect all the time..........New source of revenue for Trucking Companies?

the reflections of cell phones, etc on the windshield that outward facing cameras are picking up is whats getting guys in trouble. We had one rear end someone, they showed the image on his phone.. He resigned! The more we let them get away with the worse it will be. As stated before, Ernie negotiating a year now. Tell them to pack sand instead of negotiating!!! Hopefully new leadership and stronger negotiations versus back door deals is coming soon!

Trying to upload image
MqyGGrE.jpg

Trying to upload image
MqyGGrE.jpg
Wow! That's a lot of crap on the windshield, I get the prepass but what's all that other stuff. How can this even be legal?
We used to get warning citations from the MPSC if our GPS obstructed our vision in any way. I know people who got tickets
for something hanging off the review mirror in their personnel car. Also, what would the cost of a new windshield be if you got a crack in it?

Wow! That's a lot of crap on the windshield, I get the prepass but what's all that other stuff. How can this even be legal?
We used to get warning citations from the MPSC if our GPS obstructed our vision in any way. I know people who got tickets
for something hanging off the review mirror in their personnel car. Also, what would the cost of a new windshield be if you got a crack in it?

In N C, they write tickets for fuzzy dice hanging from rearview mirror.
Looks like they could have a field day here.

Thanks for putting the image up for everyone to see what we as drivers are dealing with on the road. Looking thru the windshield. I hope that they want apply brakes at over head signs like the 17 freight liner did.Scary on wet and slick nights. I bet whoever did this has never driven a truck.

Thanks for putting the image up for everyone to see what we as drivers are dealing with on the road. Looking thru the windshield. I hope that they want apply brakes at over head signs like the 17 freight liner did.Scary on wet and slick nights. I bet whoever did this has never driven a truck.
I’ve had the collision warning go off in a construction zone on the freightliners a couple of times now. It didn’t brake. Then again I didn’t have it on cruise control either though.

They are absolutely not driver facing cameras. Take a picture and show us the lense because there isn’t one. I’ve driven at least 20 of them none of them have an inward facing camera.
Are they screws or single axle's?

Trying to upload image
MqyGGrE.jpg

That.....is hard to believe is a...."safe condition".....

Can you see the car backing out of the driveway?.......No?......Neither can the driver.........

What pencil-necked imbecile with more "apps" in his head than actual brain cells designed this? Hey! here's a Great Idea!.....Let's have the drivers use "Virtual Reality" eyeglasses on their heads,....so they can replicate the Extremely Safe conditions in the Laboratory! No accidents then!
Or at least.....none we can see.......

I'm sure someone in ArcBest upper management,.....who might've actually had some "real time" dealings with the actual people who....do the work.....
....will realize the utter stupidity of removing part of the driver's visibility......

If I were an ambulance-chasing trial lawyer,....I'd have a field day with this evidence in court.......I've heard of lawyers questioning drivers if they had sunglasses on while driving, and if those sunglasses were prescription.......

This is what happens when the IT department takes over common sense..........

That.....is hard to believe is a...."safe condition".....

Can you see the car backing out of the driveway?.......No?......Neither can the driver.........

What pencil-necked imbecile with more "apps" in his head than actual brain cells designed this? Hey! here's a Great Idea!.....Let's have the drivers use "Virtual Reality" eyeglasses on their heads,....so they can replicate the Extremely Safe conditions in the Laboratory! No accidents then!
Or at least.....none we can see.......

I'm sure someone in ArcBest upper management,.....who might've actually had some "real time" dealings with the actual people who....do the work.....
....will realize the utter stupidity of removing part of the driver's visibility......

If I were an ambulance-chasing trial lawyer,....I'd have a field day with this evidence in court.......I've heard of lawyers questioning drivers if they had sunglasses on while driving, and if those sunglasses were prescription.......

This is what happens when the IT department takes over common sense..........
I always knew the law to read, no part of the windshield, could be obstructed, in the wiper sweep of the windshield?

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/notices/2018-05864

Last edited:
That is true,........unless they've attached a codicil that states those regulations don't apply, if you're trying to catch one of those lazy, overpaid drivers in a technical error.......
Or some of the new breed drivers, who can’t read a map, and have a GPS the size of a 20” TV mounted in the lower part of the windshield