ODFL | New trucks

They're delicious. Usually after I eat a sack of ten I'll swear I'll never ever have another one, but after a day or so that feeling goes away. :smile new:
Yep, they were small, I just don't recall the name slider, er, you mentioned (little senile)

We didn't have sliders but had the short wheelbase.
When the front cab hinges were worn out, sounds like someone with a hammer under the front end.
The 7400 White was a Cadilac compared to the W model.
Yes I’ll agree to that. Almost anything was a Cadillac after a 3 week stay in a W model.

Been hearing new trucks are coming. Then my buddy from the night shift in the shop said they are KW.

Was talking to him last night and on his desk is a stack of license plates and tractor packets.

KW apparently. 243 or 247 series. Supposed to get 30. But after in servicing them I'm sure some will go away.

Tick Tock.

Been hearing new trucks are coming. Then my buddy from the night shift in the shop said they are KW.

Was talking to him last night and on his desk is a stack of license plates and tractor packets.

KW apparently. 243 or 247 series. Supposed to get 30. But after in servicing them I'm sure some will go away.

Tick Tock.
We getting them new cascadia, all our line drivers now have them so they can wreck them like they always do and their 1 yr old trucks being ready to send to the small 3rd world terminals

We getting them new cascadia, all our line drivers now have them so they can wreck them like they always do and their 1 yr old trucks being ready to send to the small 3rd world terminals
Do 3rd world drivers deserve 3rd world trucks? Asking for a Swift driver.

Yup I can confirm this.... Our 3rd world terminal has one boxy body style Cascadia for P&D, our 70 truck has 900k on odo and we got 6 old Volvos

Got 3 in. My partner is supposed to get a new one. It's assigned to his run. Now if dispatch can get their heads out of their ass. Maybe we can get it.

Told me last night. I asked about keys. Crazy I know. No idea.

They let my buddy know but our old truck is in the shop since Monday. Need to move his Sirius and a few things. No one in the shop knows. Was repaired but now it needs PM.

This morning we're texting back and forth. TM has keys. Old truck still in shop.

I go to dispatch. No idea where the truck is. New guy has 1 but a different one.

Get a key but apparently an earlier guy got it.

Hopefully I can get it tonight so I can use it for my Saturday run.

Or maybe not.

Whatever.

Got 3 in. My partner is supposed to get a new one. It's assigned to his run. Now if dispatch can get their heads out of their ass. Maybe we can get it.

Told me last night. I asked about keys. Crazy I know. No idea.

They let my buddy know but our old truck is in the shop since Monday. Need to move his Sirius and a few things. No one in the shop knows. Was repaired but now it needs PM.

This morning we're texting back and forth. TM has keys. Old truck still in shop.

I go to dispatch. No idea where the truck is. New guy has 1 but a different one.

Get a key but apparently an earlier guy got it.

Hopefully I can get it tonight so I can use it for my Saturday run.

Or maybe not.

Whatever.
You gets a Kenworth

Drove it Saturday to Kettleman City. AC works great as it was over 100 most of the day.

Smaller cab changes your perspective. I seemed to be correcting to the left.

Door pouch and cubbies kind of small. So that leaves you the glove box .

Hopefully the CB will fit in that cutout up top.

Nice dash. Good AC like I said. Similar radio to the ones in the Freightliner.

CMS system is different. Right on the dash in the center.

10 speed with Cummins . Tight like a Cummins. Still didn't want to pull too much. And even though it was hot out I wasnt that heavy. Maybe just needs to get broken in some.

20210619_122249.md.jpg

Drove it Saturday to Kettleman City. AC works great as it was over 100 most of the day.

10 speed with Cummins . Tight like a Cummins. Still didn't want to pull too much. And even though it was hot out I wasnt that heavy. Maybe just needs to get broken in some.

20210619_122249.md.jpg
Nice looking unit. Atleast OD is still buying real trucks with a 10 speed rather than this automatic garbage that attracts garbage drivers everyone else seems to be settling with. I for one am jealous.

I normally drive a Volvo and I understand your sentiments on driving a more narrow vehicle for a change. Some months back I drove a T660 spare truck which feels like you have to center yourself similar to a motorcycle and nearly took the drivers side mirror clean off at PA turnpike toll booth.

20210619_122249.md.jpg
Good looking outfit, but does it have a charging port for Billy's new electric zero turn?

Nice looking unit. Atleast OD is still buying real trucks with a 10 speed rather than this automatic garbage that attracts garbage drivers everyone else seems to be settling with. I for one am jealous.

I normally drive a Volvo and I understand your sentiments on driving a more narrow vehicle for a change. Some months back I drove a T660 spare truck which feels like you have to center yourself similar to a motorcycle and nearly took the drivers side mirror clean off at PA turnpike toll booth.
Kinda like driving a U model Mack.

20210619_122249.md.jpg
Dont sound like a bad truck,,, but we gots one line driver who would find 500 things wrong with it and cause it to sit in the shop most of time like every new truck he gets,,,,