AAA Cooper | New Trucks!!!

truckintiger

TB Lurker
Credits
Just heard we ordered 360 new Volvo VNL 300 I-Shift automatics.. I am looking forward to driving and seeing these new trucks on the road.

You guys should be able to afford them, the kid just closed a terminal that had been in the same place for over 25 years... I guess he can buy him a new Mercedes now...

The XE powertrain package.
Cruise at 1,150 rpm and save up to 3% fuel.
A torque-strong Volvo engine perfectly matched to an intelligent I-Shift overdrive transmission – that’s the base of the exceptionally efficient XE package. It’s fully integrated so you can cruise at 65 mph at a mere 1,150 rpm – 200 rpm lower than an average truck – helping you lower fuel costs as much as 3%. Available for Volvo’s 13- and 16-liter engines.

Are you sure about these new tractors, they appear to run VNM's, not VNL's for day cabs unless they have changed. Don't they run 12 liter engines with low horsepower?

Saw one of the newer trucks in Charlotte this week. It was a VNM with the 13L engine and a 12 speed overdrive automatic transmission. Driver said that it would run low rpms at 65mph while outpulling other equipment and he had heard we ordered another 360.

The 2014 will be VNL a change from the 2013.

Sounds like the truck I'm driving, 2014 13 ltr. 12 speed auto, pulls great.Smart shifts as in skips gears according to load size, like starts in 5th and hits every other gear until top out. 7.4mpg. I can out run a straight shift by 3 truck lengths in the mile, same weight. Only negative is it drops to 52 mph before downshifting but quickly gains speed.

Hope when you get your new truck it stays out of volvo unlike mine new DPF,egr valve, and turbo already

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I've got a 2013 model vnm that Had 5000 miles on it when it was assigned to my run now it has 244,000 miles on it all put on it by me and the same city guy so far no problems other than a couple of glitches and bad sensors in that bendix collision avoidance system but no mechanical problems I love this truck it runs great it's comfortable its roomy it pulls great it's quiet inside I could go on and on mine is the dd13 425hp 12 speed I shift it runs the same if you have 4000 or 40,000 lbs the engine brake and the cruise are awesome on this truck and the disc brakes hold it back really good . I cross SAMs gap on i26 twice a night so it gets a workout. The only problems with the dpf system I've heard of was a few got the injector in the catalytic converter stopped up but that was just a few . Our teams haven't been having to get the dpf filter replaced of cleaned until around 500,000 miles

Sounds like the truck I'm driving, 2014 13 ltr. 12 speed auto, pulls great.Smart shifts as in skips gears according to load size, like starts in 5th and hits every other gear until top out. 7.4mpg. I can out run a straight shift by 3 truck lengths in the mile, same weight. Only negative is it drops to 52 mph before downshifting but quickly gains speed.
Sure don't make them like the used to. Back in the sixties one stack mack with a window in the back. F model, with a triplex

iceman i was lucky enough to get one that has the up and down button on the side of the shifter anytime mine drops below 60 i just drop a gear and it recovers they took it off of the 14 models because guys were running them in manual and shifting the gears with the button (silly city drivers) and it messed up the mpgs and even damaged the tranny in a few