XPO | New Uniforms

Like y'all, our line haul are the majority that did not get jackets. We have the same sign and sheet for them.

I''m in the Cincinnati region(district) and I learned today we are the last region to get uniforms. XCN and the zones were part of a pilot program, to my knowledge no others have their uniforms. We are supposed to have ours by the middle of the month. Honestly, I don't look for them until November some time.

We are about to the point of being embarrassed to go to work because customers are really asking questions why we don't have them already.

Like y'all, our line haul are the majority that did not get jackets. We have the same sign and sheet for them.

I''m in the Cincinnati region(district) and I learned today we are the last region to get uniforms. XCN and the zones were part of a pilot program, to my knowledge no others have their uniforms. We are supposed to have ours by the middle of the month. Honestly, I don't look for them until November some time.

We are about to the point of being embarrassed to go to work because customers are really asking questions why we don't have them already.
Jackets were only given out to front end staff. Linehaul didn't get them.

Today was the last day for me wearing the Conway blues. Next Monday I will officially be certified as a one of those 'Men in Black."

TM said to trash them. I still have all mine. I have some that are brand new never even been worn. If they don't get us our jackets you'll be seeing guys wear the black uniform and blue jackets.
Are you going to change your handle? XPODSR...or is it XPOLDSR....hmmmm?

What were you told to do with your old Con-way uniforms?

Wasn't told to do a thing about the old blues. My wife said to keep them and wear them while doing work around the house. Why not ..they still seem to me to have plenty of wear left in them. Although I worry about my neighbors seeing me mowing the lawn w/ the Conway blues on and thinking I'm too cheap to buy a good pair of work jeans to replace them.

Just tell your customers what I tell my customers. I tell them, "Con-way doesn't exist anymore, all the current Conway branding that you see on our uniforms, equipment, etc. is going away. It will take a little time so please be patient w/ us." By the way the re-branding of our equipment is going into overdrive according to September's XPO LTL podcast 'Your Voice is Heard',( found on the www at 'wedrivexpo.com/podcast' or on our employee web site). The re-branding is going to be ramped up from six to seven days a week to try to get everything changed over by next Spring.

Just tell your customers what I tell my customers. I tell them, "Con-way doesn't exist anymore, all the current Conway branding that you see on our uniforms, equipment, etc. is going away. It will take a little time so please be patient w/ us." By the way the re-branding of our equipment is going into overdrive according to September's XPO LTL podcast 'Your Voice is Heard',( found on the www at 'wedrivexpo.com/podcast' or on our employee web site). The re-branding is going to be ramped up from six to seven days a week to try to get everything changed over by next Spring.

Honestly. This is a crap load of equipment. A monumental undertaking. When considering the size of XPO. Not just the XPO LTL. To have it done by spring or even early summer would be a miracle.

Wasn't told to do a thing about the old blues. My wife said to keep them and wear them while doing work around the house. Why not ..they still seem to me to have plenty of wear left in them. Although I worry about my neighbors seeing me mowing the lawn w/ the Conway blues on and thinking I'm too cheap to buy a good pair of work jeans to replace them.

I will use them. My neighbors all know I work here and they all see me in them uniforms every day already. And they all know Con-way got bought and that I work for XPO now. So it isn't a cheap thing. It's a sensible thing. Those old clothes will do well working in the yard until they finally get trashed.

not straps, but the newer plastic deck boards say "property of XPO" instead of Con-Way Freight. Please don't ask me how I noticed!

We noticed that too. Everything is changing. We all knew it would. And it is. Con-way is dead. For some, they are just starting to realize it. But it's been a year. Full throttle moving forward now. No rear view. No holding onto the past. Done is done.

Honestly. This is a crap load of equipment. A monumental undertaking. When considering the size of XPO. Not just the XPO LTL. To have it done by spring or even early summer would be a miracle.
I will use them. My neighbors all know I work here and they all see me in them uniforms every day already. And they all know Con-way got bought and that I work for XPO now. So it isn't a cheap thing. It's a sensible thing. Those old clothes will do well working in the yard until they finally get trashed.

We noticed that too. Everything is changing. We all knew it would. And it is. Con-way is dead. For some, they are just starting to realize it. But it's been a year. Full throttle moving forward now. No rear view. No holding onto the past. Done is done.
I haven't seen enough change in day to day business to agree. I still work about the same number of hours and take home about the same pay each week. I do know that my pay is not keeping up with my expenses. My wife is working more, and we are still not able to save anything. I've got one kid looking at college, another two years behind him and retirement slowly creeping up!