TForce | New Union

browser321

TB Lurker
Credits
I recently attended a meeting of the APWA. They have many good ideas and there is no pressure involved as with some unions. There was much discussion about accountability involving the pension, health care, and officers in the union. It would be a good idea to attend these meetings when the representatives come to your area. This includes the package side of UPS also.

browser321 said:
I recently attended a meeting of the APWA. They have many good ideas and there is no pressure involved as with some unions. There was much discussion about accountability involving the pension, health care, and officers in the union. It would be a good idea to attend these meetings when the representatives come to your area. This includes the package side of UPS also.
The APWA has only been around for a few years. Where is their financial and bargaining power? Not a good idea!

The APWA's financial and bargaining power have to be developed just like the Teamster's was. I was a teamster twice and they didn't impress me either time. Now that I found out exactly how bad they rip their members off in their bargaining and representation as a whole, and the trouble the IBT is in with it's pension plan, I think the Apwa is the way to go. Something that can be built from the ground up to be representative of the UPSF employees. When you get the members the financial power will follow.

browser321 said:
The APWA's financial and bargaining power have to be developed just like the Teamster's was. I was a teamster twice and they didn't impress me either time. Now that I found out exactly how bad they rip their members off in their bargaining and representation as a whole, and the trouble the IBT is in with it's pension plan, I think the Apwa is the way to go. Something that can be built from the ground up to be representative of the UPSF employees. When you get the members the financial power will follow.
Alot of us do not have the time to help and watch the APWA grow. Alot of us will be retireing within the next 10 years. As far as health and pension concerns, they would be better off right where they are rather than the Risky APWA getting involved in them.

I've also attended a meeting of the APWA. I was very impressed with what they had to say. It sounds very promising! They seem to have all of their bases covered also. Their pension plan looks very good, medical coverage is also very good. I think if given the chance all upsf employees should attend an APWA meeting, just to hear what they have to say.

bulldog425 said:
I've also attended a meeting of the APWA. I was very impressed with what they had to say. It sounds very promising! They seem to have all of their bases covered also. Their pension plan looks very good, medical coverage is also very good. I think if given the chance all upsf employees should attend an APWA meeting, just to hear what they have to say.

It sounds very promising!
Boy were have I heard that before? I've heard more guys complain on this forum about promises and unkept promising, this is really funny.

So theses promising ideas have a well back plan and finanacil structure to them. Where is it.

It's all smoke and mirrors.

They don't have a chance to even make it to the bargininng table with UPS.

UPS upper management is loving this.

Guess what, get ris of the Teamsters and UPS willl stall as long as it can to negioate and taht means NO pension contributions, NO mediacl care, NO protection.

APWA can even get you a full pension at the numbers they are talkng about until you have 30 years with APWA.

And anyone that believes that the APWA can get ahold of any monies from the Teamster Pension Plans is sadly mistaken.

Many of you are being misled. APWA can not deliver on any of the promises. They will only distrupt your future.

T251

browser321 said:
The APWA does not have a leg to stand on. What freight of package contract have they ever negotiated? What did they say you would get for 25 & 30 and out?

Apwa

Well i'am having a meeting on the 28th with APWA wwwparcelworkerscom
getting everyone to go, my understanding they already have 2 term's with 100% but they are not big anuff to do anything just yet ,and i have been talking to danny and van,& to be honest i like everything they are telling me.

ridgerunner said:
You need to take a close look at their company sided lawyer they have working for them. Seems like big brown is trying to work their magic again.
I'm with you ridgerunner. Is Bill still working the city in GBO?

The only time I've ever heard of this APWA is on these truckingboards.
Where is their headquarters?
Do they have local union halls in every city across the country?

Are they like a cork floating in the ocean compared to the Teamsters who are the ocean?

Talk is cheap,do they have any record of doing anything other than just talking of how they are going to make everything better for the working stiff?

"This organization is SOLELY and EXCLUSIVELY for the benefit of any hourly employee of UPS."

I'm not an hourly employee, oh well, I guess it's teamsters or non-union.

I can't believe someone started this apwa stuff again. Who would you rather have represent you (those of you that seek representation), teamsters, who you can actually find someone whom it represents, or apwa who I can't seem to find anyone who is represented.

Remember last time the apwa fella was posting here, a few who did not see it his way he insulted. They say the reason that apwa targeted UPSF is because the Teamsters targeted us. Before then they could not decide. I may be reading into it wrong but it sounds like their interest is more with taking away from the teamsters than making a better future for us. jmo

It doesnt sound like there's any guaranty that they will be recognized by UPS for representation. It sounds like there's alot of if's with these guys, are you absolutely sure you want them to represent you? If you are be sure to donate to their cause, your donation is needed.

bulldog425 said:
Their pension plan looks very good, medical coverage is also very good. I think if given the chance all upsf employees should attend an APWA meeting, just to hear what they have to say.

American Public Works Association
Just remember what ever you folks decide to do (and good luck with YOUR choice) and who ever yous decide to go with.They CAN NOT give you anything that the company doesn't negotiate .Anyone can offer you the world but if the company doesn't sit down and work it out with them you don't get it.Afterall the companys actually pay for the insurance packages.

Apostolic said:
The only time I've ever heard of this APWA is on these truckingboards.
Where is their headquarters?
Do they have local union halls in every city across the country?

Are they like a cork floating in the ocean compared to the Teamsters who are the ocean?

Talk is cheap,do they have any record of doing anything other than just talking of how they are going to make everything better for the working stiff?
Yes, just stick it out with us for 30 years and we should have enough donations to pay half your pension!!!!

Well I found out today,they are a non-profit organization,headquarterd in Whasington DC.
They have somebody that does something out of their house somewhere in North Carolina,and they are also someplace in Maryland.

It sounds to me like they are a very small player as a union.

As for me I'm going to save my money,and not take them up on their offer to organize UPS Freight.
Besides this the Teamsters,have already started barganing talks with UPS.
How would this APWA be able to horn their way into negociations that have already been started by their enemy?

You no a lot of the negATIVE COMMENTS FROM SOME OF YOU ALMOST SOUND LIKE A UNION MEMBER TALKLING. Sheesh men lets get a grip and look at all the possabilitys for one does it not make more sence to have two people fighting for your then one. Sure makes sence to me but hey I`m just a truck driver with over twenty eight years with the old Overnite brand. I for one think that the APWA would do a better job for one thing it is for UPS employees only. Just a thought Have a greta day all.

Don't know where you got your info, but APWA is out of Raleigh, NC. Also, the IBT has only started talks with UPSF at one terminal, in Indy.If the APWA can get a good foot hold, like the IBT did, without help from the more nefarious organizations and a little time they also could be a good union like the IBT was 30 years ago(cause it's not like that now). The APWA is also gaining support from the brown side too, although the brotherhood doesn't want to acknowledge that. Also you can check with the brown drivers down south that are not having their medical bills paid. Some drivers can retire now under the IBT(with 30) but if they wait till they're 62 the retirement amount goes down, and if they wait till 65 it goes down again, LOOK IT UP! I've got 11 years till 65 and it seems to me that the more that's paid in is the more you should get.

bulldog425 said:

No leverage = no barganing power, and what makes you think that the apwa will or wont eventually be as corrupt as the teamsters. Teamsters = leverage. These people are doing nothing more than selling you a car with no engine that runs great.... tHE KEY WORD," SELLING". The teamsters are already in the co. andf have the bargaining experiance!!!!!

These people can offer you no more of a better pention than the teamster's can.